Next Activity for Lost Deals

Jeremy Gulley_11062
Jeremy Gulley_11062 Member Posts: 80
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary Solution Provider

Hello,

Wanted to get everyones thoughts on the next activity pop up for lost deals. I have an organization that currently is trying to transition to working off the activity screen for daily action items but, their biggest complaint is Pipedrive requesting a next activity even if the deal is marked lost. I really appreciate the update to turn off all next activities but I'm looking for a little more granularity. I wanted to see how everyone else manages lost deal activities and if there's something I could be putting in place for a better best practice. 

Thanks in advance for your thoughts! 

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

I don't get a prompt for a next activity when marking a deal as lost. Or you must be talking about when completing an activity for a deal that has already been marked as lost.

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    edited March 2021 #3

I don't get a prompt for a next activity when marking a deal as lost. Or you must be talking about when completing an activity for a deal that has already been marked as lost.

Correct! Thanks for the clarification. Basically whenever a deal is marked "lost", I can understand that you MAY want a follow up activity but, I'd rather it not prompt the user "what's next" after completing their last activity.

• Amanda Schaffner ~ Silverman Mortgage Group
    edited February 2022 #4

It depends on how you have the automation set up. We create our own so that this issue doesn't  happen as it is annoying when you can close one task and another pops up when you are closing out. We also have created a different pipeline we move lost deals to for "closed" files with various reasons (stages) to track better why a deal is closing.  We have a "Nurture" pipeline as well with various stages for deals that may still be hopeful but not active (postponed basically) that we move deals to that aren't quite lost.  Hope that helps!

• Jeremy Gulley_11062
    edited March 2021 #5

It depends on how you have the automation set up. We create our own so that this issue doesn't  happen as it is annoying when you can close one task and another pops up when you are closing out. We also have created a different pipeline we move lost deals to for "closed" files with various reasons (stages) to track better why a deal is closing.  We have a "Nurture" pipeline as well with various stages for deals that may still be hopeful but not active (postponed basically) that we move deals to that aren't quite lost.  Hope that helps!

Thanks @Amanda Schaffner ~ Silverman Mortgage Group - Helps a ton! I think I keep wishing I could deeply customize the actions but, I feel the separation in pipelines might be a good step. Appreciate your input. 

• Amanda Schaffner ~ Silverman Mortgage Group
    edited March 2021 #6

Glad I could help! :)