Leads Inbox released to additional companies 📈

Mike van der Valk
Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
edited July 2022 in What's New #1

Last week we rolled out the Leads inbox to 10.000 new companies in Pipedrive while we continue to test, shape and roll out this feature.

Learn more about the feature from the article and video here.

Want to try it out, but it's not live on your account yet? Reach out to our support team so it can be switched on.

This feature is in full development mode and this is phase 1, tying it better into Pipedrive and the rest of it's features as well as adding more functionality will happen over time. Stay tuned 🚀

Edit today (22nd of April) we're launching to 35.000 more companies!

Tagged:

Comments

• Jan Visser_342
    Jan Visser_342 Member Posts: 70
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

Good to hear, @Mike van der Valk. I know you guys aren't big fans of this - but why not publish or share your vision on how this is supposed to work - perhaps with some sort of roadmap? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #3

Good to hear, @Mike van der Valk. I know you guys aren't big fans of this - but why not publish or share your vision on how this is supposed to work - perhaps with some sort of roadmap? 

@Jan Visser we are currently discussing options internally. There's multiple reasons why we can't/won't fully show our roadmap. One of them is competition. However, we do acknowledge the value it brings to tell your customers what's coming up. So, stay tuned, we'll be hopefully able to share more insights into what's cooking in the future right here in this community.

• Mattia Verzella
    Mattia Verzella Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2022 #4

Interested in testing this out! Thank you!

• Stephen Phillips
    Stephen Phillips Member Posts: 16
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #5

Hi, Mike

Thanks and this could work brilliantly for us but have some questions:

1. Are the leads added ONLY via an import or Leadbooster - or can they come in via elsewhere I.E forms? Leadbooster would work best for us...
    2. Are leads also contacts in your system? It's not clear so no idea whether they just live under leads or in both leads and contacts - or do you convert them to a contact or does this get done if turning them into a deal?

Would love to hear as potentially hugely useful but don't want lead data mixed up with contact data...

Thanks

Stephen

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #6

Hi @Mattia Verzella I couldn't find your account in our backoffice so perhaps I'm looking for the wrong thing :) sorry! Please do reach out to our support via the in-app chat, they can enable the feature for you.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #7

Hi, Mike

1. Are the leads added ONLY via an import or Leadbooster - or can they come in via elsewhere I.E forms? Leadbooster would work best for us...
    2. Are leads also contacts in your system? It's not clear so no idea whether they just live under leads or in both leads and contacts - or do you convert them to a contact or does this get done if turning them into a deal?

Would love to hear as potentially hugely useful but don't want lead data mixed up with contact data...

Thanks

Stephen

Hi @Stephen Phillips 

1. We're working on multiple options here including web forms, leadbooster, website visitors, etc. stay tuned. Also, working on an API endpoint so it could come from anywhere later.
    2. Leads and contact persons are split up and not shared. Once you convert a lead to a deal it's added to your contact person list.

Glad to see you're excited, stay tuned for many more updates to the lead section of Pipedrive in the coming months!

• Stephen Phillips
    Stephen Phillips Member Posts: 16
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Combo Breaker
    edited May 2021 #8

Hi, Mike

Thanks

Stephen

That's great and will check back with my business partner as we may want it added. Thanks Mike!!

• Mattia Verzella
    Mattia Verzella Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2021 #9

Interesting - my email account is mattia.verzella@spreaker.com - let me know if you can find me. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #10

Found it, and it should be enabled now @Mattia Verzella let me know if it's there!

• Matt Oehlert
    Matt Oehlert Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2022 #11

Hey everybody. Made it in here. I'd be interested in the trial version as well. Thank you.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #12

Hey everybody. Made it in here. I'd be interested in the trial version as well. Thank you.

Glad to have you on board here @Matt Oehlert I see you have 3 accounts with us, which one should it be enabled for?

• Jan Visser_342
    First Comment
    edited May 2021 #13

Welcome to the dark side, @Matt Oehlert!

• Matt Oehlert
    edited February 2022 #14

I was thinking our Automotive shop, Lake Street Please. 

• Matt Oehlert
    edited April 2020 #15

@Jan Visser  Those where  my first thoughts as well the Darkside of the Crew. LOL

• Jan Visser_342
    First Comment
    edited June 2020 #16

This is more than curiosity on my end. I think you make better development decisions if you get earlier and more frequent directional imput. I'm not talking about feedback about how a feature works - but more about "is the way we think people will use this actually supported by the people who will use it" kind of thing.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #17

I was thinking our Automotive shop, Lake Street Please. 

Also indeed welcome to the dark side! And I've enabled it on your lake street account :)@Matt Oehlert 

• Marcelo Silva
    Marcelo Silva Member Posts: 243
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #18

Mike! Como vai? :D

Estou testando aqui a um tempo, e tenho um feedback sobre.

Posso enviar por aqui?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #19

Posso enviar por aqui?

Feedback is always welcome @Marcelo Silva share in the "feedback and feature suggestions" topic please.

• Marcelo Silva
    Marcelo Silva Member Posts: 243
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2021 #20

Posso enviar por aqui?

:D

• Sina Kagieni
    Sina Kagieni Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #21

Love the idea but way too early in development to roll this out. Very unpolished and does not fit in our workflow at all at this point.

Just a few things I noticed right away:

• Leads can only be created manually or via leadbot (need webforms)
    • Owners of leads can't be changed
    • When creating the lead it does not recognize any current organization or contacts (has to be linked after lead creation)
    • Is not part of workflow automations yet
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #22

Love the idea but way too early in development to roll this out. Very unpolished and does not fit in our workflow at all at this point.

Just a few things I noticed right away:

• Leads can only be created manually or via leadbot (need webforms)
    • Owners of leads can't be changed
    • When creating the lead it does not recognize any current organization or contacts (has to be linked after lead creation)
    • Is not part of workflow automations yet

Thanks for sharing the feedback @Sina Kagieni we're planning those improvements. After research we've decided to release at this point as there's many small business who are already getting benefit from the feature. But I agree with you and so does our team that we have more work to be done, and we will!

• Tony Howell_2901
    Tony Howell_2901 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #23

Very valuable start!  We have been using a secondary pipe for all leads since we didn't want our active conversions mucked up by cold leads etc in the deal pipe - just our use case.

I don't see how multiple "people" can be saved under one "Lead" - I find it interesting the "Title" of the Lead is a freeform field for "Title" but then there is only one person - that sounds more like a NOTE entry and have the name of the person control.  

I would prefer to keep the Title Lead function as it is, release a "Job title" field for each person in so we know what group that person sits in - very important for us - and to be able to add multiple "people" under that one Lead Title. 

We do a lot of outbound, so we research and build these manually - under this setup, we might as well continue to use a "deal" as a grouping of cold outreaches since we have to build the outbound outreach lists anyway and creating a new "Title" for each Lead is a lot of additional entry.

Great start!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #24

Very valuable start!  We have been using a secondary pipe for all leads since we didn't want our active conversions mucked up by cold leads etc in the deal pipe - just our use case.

I don't see how multiple "people" can be saved under one "Lead" - I find it interesting the "Title" of the Lead is a freeform field for "Title" but then there is only one person - that sounds more like a NOTE entry and have the name of the person control.  

I would prefer to keep the Title Lead function as it is, release a "Job title" field for each person in so we know what group that person sits in - very important for us - and to be able to add multiple "people" under that one Lead Title. 

We do a lot of outbound, so we research and build these manually - under this setup, we might as well continue to use a "deal" as a grouping of cold outreaches since we have to build the outbound outreach lists anyway and creating a new "Title" for each Lead is a lot of additional entry.

Great start!

Thanks @Tony Howell happy to hear you're excited, will pass on your feedback to the team 💪

• Kirill Soloviev
    Kirill Soloviev Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #25

The new feature looks promising - it surely took ages for Pipedrive to build this!

We have our leads dumped into a separate sales pipeline. Is there an easy way to move them all in bulk to the Leads section and kill off those fake "deals"?

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #26

@Mike van der Valk  - Is there a way to turn this feature off?

It doesn't fit the strategy for one of my clients and I don't want them to be distracted by this.

• Diego Majlis
    Diego Majlis Member Posts: 14
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #27

Amazing new feature! 

If you can incorporate a new feature called "Campaing Source" to relation this new Lead Inbox to a Campaing Project, I really appreciate, because all that I manage in Microsoft Planner / Excels.

Another thing, there is any way to link a Form to Create a New Prospect and not a new Deal?

Thanks!!

Sorry for my English! :) 

Best!

Diego

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #28

The new feature looks promising - it surely took ages for Pipedrive to build this!

We have our leads dumped into a separate sales pipeline. Is there an easy way to move them all in bulk to the Leads section and kill off those fake "deals"?

Glad to see you'r excited @Kirill Soloviev we'll be working on this more in the future. Also migrating deals will become easier. For now it can only be done manually or by exporting to a spreadsheet and re-importing them as leads.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #29

@Mike van der Valk  - Is there a way to turn this feature off?

It doesn't fit the strategy for one of my clients and I don't want them to be distracted by this.

@Amit Sarda best to reach out to support in this case as I'm not sure what process is with it currently. Sorry!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #30

Amazing new feature! 

If you can incorporate a new feature called "Campaing Source" to relation this new Lead Inbox to a Campaing Project, I really appreciate, because all that I manage in Microsoft Planner / Excels.

Another thing, there is any way to link a Form to Create a New Prospect and not a new Deal?

Thanks!!

Best!

Diego

@Diego Majlis we're working on the web form to link to leads. The "campaign source" would be from like an email marketing campaign?

• Jan Visser_342
    First Comment
    edited April 2020 #31

Amazing new feature! 

Thanks!!

Best!

Diego

@Mike van der Valk  please just make lead source flexible. There is no scenario where you can be everything to all people - so allow people to create custom sources, add them to an import file etc.Â