Options

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2020 #32
    Options

Amazing new feature! 

If you can incorporate a new feature called "Campaing Source" to relation this new Lead Inbox to a Campaing Project, I really appreciate, because all that I manage in Microsoft Planner / Excels.

Another thing, there is any way to link a Form to Create a New Prospect and not a new Deal?

Thanks!!

Sorry for my English! :) 

Best!

Diego

Thanks Jan, very good point, just trying to understand all specific use-cases. 

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited April 2020 #33
    Options

@Mike van der Valk  - Is there a way to turn this feature off?

It doesn't fit the strategy for one of my clients and I don't want them to be distracted by this.

No worries, Mike. Understandable.

Just wanted to share feedback that this should be configurable by the Admin.

• RP1
    RP1 Member Posts: 18
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #34
    Options

I understand the logic of separating out the leads, but this seems like it's way to early to even announce, so many things missing that it seems unrealistic that many would find it useful.  

Currently managing leads as contacts using filtered lists with Labels. At least that way you can do group emails, or mail an individual from Pipedrive.. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #35
    Options
    Michael said:

I understand the logic of separating out the leads, but this seems like it's way to early to even announce, so many things missing that it seems unrealistic that many would find it useful.  

Currently managing leads as contacts using filtered lists with Labels. At least that way you can do group emails, or mail an individual from Pipedrive.. 

@Michael thanks for your honest reply. We realize there's still a lot of work to be done to add more value for some customers including yourself. We do however have many customers already excited by the current functionality.

Nonetheless, for anyone on Pipedrive we're working hard on making this feature more and more useful the coming period!

• Brunello
    Brunello Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited February 2022 #36
    Options

Hi

can you please turn on Leads on my account. Thank you.
    brunello@ceo-code.com | Company CEO-CODE
    Regards

Brunello

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #37
    Options
    Brunello said:

Hi

can you please turn on Leads on my account. Thank you.
    brunello@ceo-code.com | Company CEO-CODE
    Regards

Brunello

Hi @Brunello it should be enabled now, have fun!

• Andres Gonzalez_2446
    Andres Gonzalez_2446 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #38
    Options

i am currently testing, it seems like you cannot add custom labels or fields in this new feature, why is that?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #39
    Options

i am currently testing, it seems like you cannot add custom labels or fields in this new feature, why is that?

@Andres Gonzalez the feature is just new and released as a first version. We're already having a team work on further developing this feature over the coming months and one of the first things is enabling custom fields and labels here ;) Stay tuned 

• Diego Majlis
    Diego Majlis Member Posts: 14
    First Comment
    edited April 2020 #40
    Options

Amazing new feature! 

If you can incorporate a new feature called "Campaing Source" to relation this new Lead Inbox to a Campaing Project, I really appreciate, because all that I manage in Microsoft Planner / Excels.

Another thing, there is any way to link a Form to Create a New Prospect and not a new Deal?

Thanks!!

Sorry for my English! :) 

Best!

Diego

I'm agree with @Jan Visser , make a Custom Marketing Project / Sources. And then make Insights about that!   

• Michael Roedeske
    Michael Roedeske Member Posts: 26
    Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #41
    Options

Any idea when Zapier Integration will come for Leads? Because that'S my source for Lending page or Webinar contacts.

• AXL
    AXL Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #42
    Options

Nice job, but one of the best features its the visualization of all the customer contacts and when you register one activity to a lead isn't connected to the contact. I really prefer to use an alternative pipeline to control the leads.

• Frank Hebler
    Frank Hebler Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #43
    Options

Hi Mike, 

Leads Inbox is a very good extension – but I miss a few things – in this state not usefull

- Custom Fields

- List View

Bugs:

- Excel Lead Import (what happens when you Import Lead, Contact and Organization Fields….)  

One thing i really hate in Pipedrive is  the "Complete Name"-Field  instead of a Name and a Surname Field - it is a pain in my neck, confuses my user and make Inports more complicate. In Contacts   we can use custom Fields- but in Leads ... 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #44
    Options

Any idea when Zapier Integration will come for Leads? Because that'S my source for Lending page or Webinar contacts.

Hi @Michael Roedeske 

One of the priorities for us at the moment is to make a public API available for the leads section. We're currently gathering a team on this. However, once it's live than Zapier needs to update their integration since it's handled on their end. We've already approached them that it's coming and they have shown interest. Eventually though it's unfortunately not for a 100% in our own hands, but we're doing out best and communicating with Zapier about this.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #45
    Options
    AXL said:

Nice job, but one of the best features its the visualization of all the customer contacts and when you register one activity to a lead isn't connected to the contact. I really prefer to use an alternative pipeline to control the leads.

@AXL thanks for your feedback. What are the main things you want to do with your leads and why would a pipeline in this case work better for you? Curious to learn more from you to say if we're already working on developing what you're looking for and otherwise passing on your feedback to the team.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #46
    Options

Hi Mike, 

Leads Inbox is a very good extension – but I miss a few things – in this state not usefull

- Custom Fields

- List View

Bugs:

- Excel Lead Import (what happens when you Import Lead, Contact and Organization Fields….)  

One thing i really hate in Pipedrive is  the "Complete Name"-Field  instead of a Name and a Surname Field - it is a pain in my neck, confuses my user and make Inports more complicate. In Contacts   we can use custom Fields- but in Leads ... 

Hi @Frank Hebler 

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us 🙏 

There's a team working on adding custom fields, list view, sorting, filtering, etc.. to the leads section as we speak. 
    Regarding the import, currently whatever you import to contact and organization fields will create contacts and organisation outside of the leads area but in your contact list. This is not a bug but expected. However, I understand this can be confusing, so be sure to carefully select wether you want a name to turn into a lead or a contact person.

Regarding your pain on full name fields. We've recently released a native way in the contacts to split first- and last name in fields by default. Please reach out to our support team so they enable it for your account. This is not yet available in the leads section yet but I'll pass on that feedback.

Have a great day and thanks again for sharing!

• Eddy_4748
    Eddy_4748 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #47
    Options

Is there a feature  to add/label existing contact as LEADS? I was trying to switch existing customers to Leads but I was not able to. Perhaps this is something you can think to incorporate.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #48
    Options
    Eddy said:

Is there a feature  to add/label existing contact as LEADS? I was trying to switch existing customers to Leads but I was not able to. Perhaps this is something you can think to incorporate.

@Eddy thanks for sharing! I'll pass it along. Currently it's only deals that can be brought back to leads that we're working on. 

Then in the future the split should be everyone in the leads section isn't a contact yet. Everyone in the contacts section is either a customer or an active deal. For this you can use the contact labels to label them. You can manually label them lead now as well but this might not be the most convenient. The idea is the leads become contacts after qualifying.

Nonetheless, I'm passing your suggestion on to the team here!

• Eddy_4748
    Eddy_4748 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020 #49
    Options
    Eddy said:

Thank you!

• AXL
    AXL Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2020 #50
    Options
    AXL said:

Hi Mike, thank you for your quick answer. Let me show you the main differences between the PROSPETS and include it into a pipeline:

I have one lead and need to qualify it, I register it into the PROSPECT and program an call:

I expected that the “SEGUIMIENTO” activity must be integrated to the German´s history, but it doesn’t link:

Now, I have one step into my Pipeline to validate the leads:

From the beginning you can see that we have one activity in the future

From the beginning you can see that we have one activity in the future

Into the opportunity you have the usual view and can validate that the contact assigned to the activity have link with it:

For us is really important to know if the team had any contact with the contact in the past and we can`t find that relationship in the Prospect actions.

Also in the past we had one full pipeline to run the marketing process and they create qualified opps for the sales team, they have advantages to separate the opps from the leads.

Thank you for your communication and we will be checking the new feature in order to involve it in our sales process.

• Jan Visser_342
    Jan Visser_342 Member Posts: 70
    First Comment
    edited June 2020 #51
    Options
    Eddy said:

@Mike van der Valk - I still don't see the logic behind lead conversion = deal creation. 

Let's say you have a an existing customer ABC. You're at a trade-show and a new contact shows up. He scans his badge and gets imported as a lead. He's relevant to us so I want to add him as a qualified contact to organization ABC - but there's no new project.

In that case, I want to convert the lead and:

• Create a new contact (while requiring certain fields to be completed before conversion)
    • Map the new contact to the existing account already in PD
    • Do NOT create a new deal.
    • Create activities for future follow-up.

In our business we could have multiple contacts associated with a deal in various roles - economic buyers, several technical buyers, users and coaches. Therefore, qualified contacts do not equal new deals.

Two other things:

• When converting a deal, I see all organization fields listed. This is really not needed, I'd say organization name and address would be all you need to uniquely identify the organization
    • If in the future you support custom fields in leads, you will also want to allow "mapping" of lead fields to contact/deal/organization fields on conversion. 

Case in point - if I create a custom lead field called "lead source", I want to map this to a similar field in the deal object. Other lead fields (ie "spoke with employee X" may only have a purpose in qualification of the lead - and do not need to retained on conversion.
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #52
    Options
    Eddy said:

Hi @Jan Visser 

Thanks for sharing your insights. I'm going to pass on your feedback to our team that's working on the feature.

So that I can best explain to them what your feedback is, could you also clarify why you'd rather add a new contact from an existing customer of your company as a lead and not just directly add him/her as a contact to the organization so you can already use those custom fields and add activities?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #53
    Options
    AXL said:

Thanks @AXL for the clarification, I'm passing this along to our team here working on it 🙏  

• John Reid_5213
    John Reid_5213 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #54
    Options

I'm really looking forward to the expansion to the Leads Inbox!  Webforms linking to the Leadinbox should be first up, and calls.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #55
    Options
    John Reid said:

I'm really looking forward to the expansion to the Leads Inbox!  Webforms linking to the Leadinbox should be first up, and calls.

Both are in the plans, web forms first and calling later on down the road, but it's in the plans :) 

• Jan Visser_342
    Jan Visser_342 Member Posts: 70
    First Comment
    edited December 2020 #56
    Options
    Eddy said:

I am just trying to keep the workflow consistent for users. As I mentioned before, if you use LEADS as the on-ramp for NEW contacts (regardless of source), you need to be able to DISABLE creation of new contacts by users. If you use leads for some - and sometimes contacts, you will get an inconsistent workflow and a lot of admin work. Some users will add leads, some will add contacts - some will use both. I am just trying to create a consistent flow of how "new people" run through the system.

My strong suggestion  is to create the LEAD as on-ramp for everything new. From there, you qualify, complete records - and CONVERT. You convert either to a DEAL (if the project is "sales ready" and meets criteria) or you convert as CONTACT when you add as a supplemental contact (ie add a Director of Purchasing when you already have the Director of Engineering in PD as a validated contact).  This is the way things work in SFDC and Zoho as well. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #57
    Options
    Eddy said:

Great comment again, passing this on to the team Jan, thanks!

• Xavier_5395
    Xavier_5395 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #58
    Options

Good morning, can we expect to add new "deals" with the API ? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #59
    Options
    Xavier said:

Hi @Xavier it's right on the top of the Leads team priority list with a few other updates, it will take some time to implement and if all goes well we aim to have it live next quarter. Sometimes, these projects have some delays but let's hope that's not the case this time around!

• Xavier_5395
    Xavier_5395 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020 #60
    Options
    Xavier said:

thank you Mike !

• Simon White
    Simon White Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #61
    Options

Hello, this is an interesting feature and looks like it could be useful for us. However, I cannot see a way to move my current pipeline cold / warm leads into the leads category. It would help to be able to do that, so that I can clear up our sales pipeline.

If this is not possible at least I can know that so I can treat accordingly (maybe I really should delete some old stuff)