Turn off auto-created activity when marking previous one "done"?

Chris Rozon
Chris Rozon Member Posts: 17
First Comment

Hi   -  I'm setting up a bunch of automations to create specific new activities once a user completes an activity.  (example - once you send a LinkedIn invitation, the next step of sending an InMail 2 days later is auto created, general stuff like that).

The problem is that PD automatically pops up a new blank activity as soon as you mark the previous one done. I'd like to turn this off, since it'll just confuse my users and lead to them manually creating activities.  Is that possible? 

Tagged:
2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #2

The workaround I use is to mark them as done in bulk.

The other one I use is simply hit the Escape key on the keyboard when the popup opens up. Before you know it, it will become second nature.

I have seen a number of users request this feature.

At the bare minimum, this should be disabled at the user-level, or at the activity-type level.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi @Chris Rozon thanks for sharing. We do see this request come by occasionally by some more advanced users such as yourself. However, the vast majority of our users says this is one of the things they love most about Pipedrive, the nudge to keep working on those activities since you can control your activities, but not your results.

I do get your point however, and will pass your feedback along. I hope however you understand the value of the feature and why this helps people stay on track.

• Chris Rozon
    First Comment
    edited April 2020 #4

Hi @Chris Rozon thanks for sharing. We do see this request come by occasionally by some more advanced users such as yourself. However, the vast majority of our users says this is one of the things they love most about Pipedrive, the nudge to keep working on those activities since you can control your activities, but not your results.

I do get your point however, and will pass your feedback along. I hope however you understand the value of the feature and why this helps people stay on track.

Absolutely, I understand the value in general of the prompt. I'd just like to turn it off in some cases :)

• Chris Rozon
    First Comment
    edited April 2020 #5

The workaround I use is to mark them as done in bulk.

The other one I use is simply hit the Escape key on the keyboard when the popup opens up. Before you know it, it will become second nature.

I have seen a number of users request this feature.

At the bare minimum, this should be disabled at the user-level, or at the activity-type level.

Yup, that's what I'm reminding everyone of.....  it's just already hard enough to keep everyone on track with a cadence, adding steps doesn't help!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2021 #6

Gotcha Chris, I passed it along. 

• 미스터클래이
    미스터클래이 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020 #7

Hi Our company usually sets steps/activities in advance for each deal and also use pipedrive as to-do app. We seriously need this feature to be turned off. We are dealing with many activities / deals (hundreds a day) and new activity window pop-up slows our flow significantly and really annoys me.  It would be great if we can turn  this off.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #8

Thank you for sharing @미스터클래이 I have made sure out team sees this comment.

• Niels Holswilder
    Niels Holswilder Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #9

I also invested time to predefine tasks per stage and per pipeline so the automation tool can add them automatically. So there is no need for the prompt and it is actually just annoying.

• Vygantas Lasys
    Vygantas Lasys Member Posts: 14
    First Comment 5 Likes Premier Solution Provider
    edited June 2020 #10

I also invested time to predefine tasks per stage and per pipeline so the automation tool can add them automatically. So there is no need for the prompt and it is actually just annoying.

The same situation is with my client - I also predefined tasks per stages and almost all activities are created automatically...

• Vygantas Lasys
    Vygantas Lasys Member Posts: 14
    First Comment 5 Likes Premier Solution Provider
    edited June 2020 #11

Please allow to turn off this pop-uping of a new blank activity for customers who have automation in licence - Advanced, Professional, etc.  I have system, where over 90% of activities are created automatically, for some users - over 99.9%.

• Rich from SecurIT360
    Rich from SecurIT360 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020 #12

And another request to please turn off or allow us to turn off this pop-up. This slows down efficiency of those who are using and taking advantage of the automation you provide. Thanks.

• Mark Daniels
    Mark Daniels Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #13

I'll add my 2 cents ... I totally get, and appreciate, the nudge aspect. However, there are enough cases where it seems like allowing it to be the default, but then be able to turn it off with a setting would be valuable. Please add this to your roadmap. Thanks!!

• Nick Garrison
    Nick Garrison Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited November 2020 #14

Yes please turn this off. or have the ability to turn off in automation

• Antoine GORET
    Antoine GORET Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2021 #15

Hey,

I'd love to see it off too. I've created a workflow that creates an activity automatically when an activity is resolved and the deal isn't won.

Please allow us to disable this feature :)

Cheers

• Pierre Bodmer
    Pierre Bodmer Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021 #16

Hey, 

It would be nice to be able to disable this feature.

Regards,

• Vincent Jyrwa
    Vincent Jyrwa Pipedrive Team Posts: 227 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #17

Hi  @Pierre Bodmer , @Antoine GORET , @Nick Garrison , @Mark Daniels , @Rich from SecurIT360 , @Vygantas Lasys @Niels Holswilder @미스터클래이 

We're happy to inform you that we now have a solution to disable the activity pop-up. Admins on the account will have the option to turn the pop-up off always or only on specific pipelines. Please note, this setting is available only if the company has an active workflow automation. 

We have enabled this setting on your company account and you can modify it by visiting Company settings > Activities. By default, it is enabled always.

We're currently testing this solution with users who have faced this problem. It would help us if you can also share your feedback! :) 

• Antoine GORET
    Antoine GORET Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2021 #18

Hi  @Pierre Bodmer , @Antoine GORET , @Nick Garrison , @Mark Daniels , @Rich from SecurIT360 , @Vygantas Lasys @Niels Holswilder @미스터클래이 

We're happy to inform you that we now have a solution to disable the activity pop-up. Admins on the account will have the option to turn the pop-up off always or only on specific pipelines. Please note, this setting is available only if the company has an active workflow automation. 

We have enabled this setting on your company account and you can modify it by visiting Company settings > Activities. By default, it is enabled always.

We're currently testing this solution with users who have faced this problem. It would help us if you can also share your feedback! :) 

very good, thank you for the good work

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited February 2021 #19

Thanks @Antoine GORET , will convey it to the team! 🚀 How did it work for you? 

• Rodrigo Perez_29266
    Rodrigo Perez_29266 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #20

I have also been spending a lot of time automating activity creation so it would be really helpful to have the ability to disable the activity pop-up. Could this feature be enabled on my account please?

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited February 2021 #21

I have also been spending a lot of time automating activity creation so it would be really helpful to have the ability to disable the activity pop-up. Could this feature be enabled on my account please?

Hi @Rodrigo Perez  I've enabled this setting for your account. Hope that helps. 

We are in the process of releasing this to all PD users during this month. 

If you have any feedback, please don't hesitate to drop me a note! :) 

• Fabian Unger
    Fabian Unger Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #22

@Vincent Jyrwa  Would it be possible to enable it for our account as well? Thank you so much! 

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited February 2021 #23

@Vincent Jyrwa  Would it be possible to enable it for our account as well? Thank you so much! 

@Fabian Unger   Hi Fabian, enabled it for your account. Let me know how it works for you! :) 

On a side note, we're rolling out this setting to all users by first week March. 

• Pierre Bodmer
    Pierre Bodmer Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #24

Hi @Vincent Jyrwa ,

We noticed that the feature wasnt there on the mobile app. Are you planning to add it there?

It works great on desktop by the way.

Regards,

Pierre

• Vincent Jyrwa
    edited February 2021 #25

Hi @Vincent Jyrwa ,

We noticed that the feature wasnt there on the mobile app. Are you planning to add it there?

It works great on desktop by the way.

Regards,

Pierre

Hi @Pierre Bodmer ,
    We are in the process of making the activity pop-up behavior on mobile consistent with the setting on the web. That'll go live within in the next month hopefully. Can't promise an exact date. 

Hope that answers your question :) 

Regards, 
    Vincent

• João Costa_51485
    João Costa_51485 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #26

Hi, I'd like to see this automation turned off. I do not see this option on the settings panel you provide. Please help?

• Ted Youn
    Ted Youn Member Posts: 115
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2021 #27

Hi, I'd like to see this automation turned off. I do not see this option on the settings panel you provide. Please help?

Hi, @João Costa
    Please refer to this article to disable the follow-up activity pop-up.

You can turn it off once you satisfy these two requirements:

1. You have to be in either Advanced, Professional, or Enterprise plan.
    2. You have at least one active Workflow Automation.