How would I track event invitations and attendance in Pipedrive?

Options
Sven Amann_45203
Sven Amann_45203 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

One of our main marketing activities is conference talks. How would I track invitations to such talks and respective attendance in Pipedrive?

I would like to see a list of all people invited to a particular talk (title and time), as well as all people who attended a particular talk. And if we give the same talk (title) multiple times, I'd like to see when the person attended (time). Ideally, I'd like to get conversion rates (attendees / invitations) from Pipedrive as well... is there a way to do this?

I could create an Activity Type "conference talk", but Activities don't seem to be intended for tracking large numbers of independent people, because they are linked to a person or deal. Also they don't have an invited vs. attended concept.

Any suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

You can build a custom app using nocode tools if required.

• Sven Amann_45203
    edited June 2021 #3
    Options

Tools such as…?

edited July 2021 #4
    Options

Glide Apps.

• Sven Amann_45203
    edited June 2021 #5
    Options

Ah ok, I thought you were talking about something that comes with Pipedrive. Programming my own solution (by whichever means) is not the solution I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestions!

• Bryan Hogan
    Bryan Hogan Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

Any other built-in solutions for event tracking? Ideally, we'd like to keep track of who (customers/prospects/etc.) participates in specific events.

Here's one idea/concept we're exploring:

1. Create a separate "Events Tracking" pipeline for tracking all events, with appropriate stage names that reflect our event management process. (Inviting, Attending, Following Up, etc.)
    2. Create one deal for each event in the "Events Tracking" pipeline.
    3. Associate each contact to that Event Tracking deal, MAYBE by using a few custom activity codes that reflect the participation level of that contact. (Invited, Attended, Follow-up Meeting, etc.)

I'm not positive this is the right/best approach, but don't want to do this in a spreadsheet! Thus, any recommendations or ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• TheOtherPM
    TheOtherPM Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Did anybody find a good solution for this?

Options

For anybody looking for an updated link for a nocode solution to build custom solutions: Glide Apps.

• svamann
    svamann Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    Options

We (I'm the one opened this thread, though I just had to create a new account...) ended up using several custom activity types:

• One for invitations (todos for the owners or AMs, who close them when the invitation is out)
    • One for registration (in which we stored data like the personal Zoom link and registration UTM codes)
    • One for participation (where we store questions asked during the event, poll and survey answers in the note, as well as participation duration in the activity duration).
    • One for no-shows (just as a signal for filtering the out later, because Pipedrive cannot filter for "registered but not participated" in terms of activities)

We use the event names in the activity subjects, to link these activities to each other, which is a hassle, because you need to make extra sure that the event names are spelled exactly the same. Maybe you could work around this issue using deals or projects for each event and linking the activities to them, but we usually link at least the participation activities to actual leads/deals after the events, so this is not an option for us.

Hope this helps!

• Bob Klein
    Bob Klein Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Options

@Bryan Hogan How did your plan workout for tracking conferences in Pipedrive? Would you recommend it? Why is Pipedrive so quiet on the matter, as this seems like an important aspect of any CRM? What you suggested sounded like an 'elegant' hack to keep track of the event, the attendees, the contacts, the leads, etc. Most SMB really just want to be able to evaluate event attendance based on real results. Thanks for sharing. BK

• TheOtherPM
    TheOtherPM Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I tried it and honestly it's such a pain in the arse. You have to do so much manual work. It's not sustainable at all.

I'm still looking for an alternative workaround. I suspect using an external app (e.g. Eventbrite) and then syncing via Zapier might be the best option but a lot of effort to setup as well.

• Bob Klein
    Bob Klein Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Options

@TheOtherPM Thanks for letting me know before I start hacking away at it myself.

Are you holding the events yourself? I am just talking about being an exhibitor at a conference or attending an event or conference. Anything that requires Zapier makes me want to cry. 😥

Are any changes coming to the platform to address these use cases?