Multiple quotes same deal/prospect.

Josh Buesking
Josh Buesking Member Posts: 171
5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment First Answer
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I've been playing with products and sales docs for few days and I think I can make use of it and keep everything in pipedrive which will greatly increase my productivity.

I'm trying to figure out how to best handle quoting multiple options though to the same prospect.

Let's say a customer requests a quote on replacing the flooring inside their house. They want a quote on carpet and one on hardwood flooring to compare costs and make a decision based on their budget.

What would be the best way to handle this scenario? Create two separate deals? I don't think that's the way but I can't figure out another way using products and the sales docs features.

I appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Comments

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,007 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment
    edited June 2021 #2

Hi @Josh Buesking , I have adjusted the labels on your post so it reaches a more specific audience to your case, and hopefully gets you the advice you are looking for 💡 📢

• Andre Vill
    Andre Vill Member Posts: 131
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Likes
    edited April 2022 #3

Hi, Josh!

We have done a rough manual workaround for this currently for a client.

What we did is we applied 2 tables for the same products and just delete the rows from both of them that were not needed. 

Hope this helps, 

• Josh Buesking
    edited April 2022 #4

Hi, Josh!

What we did is we applied 2 tables for the same products and just delete the rows from both of them that were not needed. 

Hope this helps, 

@Andre Vill 

That is a great work around and something I hadn't thought about.

The only issue I can see would be the deal value generated from products is not accurate because they aren't doing both options but this definitely something for me to think about.

• Andre Vill
    Andre Vill Member Posts: 131
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Likes
    edited April 2022 #5

Hi, Josh!

Hope this helps, 

Hi! 

Yeah, so this would mean a bit more manual work, to just calculate the deal value yourself. Since there currently really isn't a better solution, as far as I know, that's something our client had to take in mind as well. 

• Laurie McM
    Laurie McM Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Hi we have this exact same issue. We are simply creating duplicate deals currently for Options and setting one of the deals at '0' value. However the issue we have is that the 'deals created' number (which we track) is innacurate.

• Josh Buesking

Yes Laurie that is how I decided to handle it and have the same issue but it's the best route I have found.

Create the first deal, duplicate it, then adjust second one to another option.

The only other way I could see doing it would be generate the document with the products, then adjust the products and generate again.

I don't see there ever being a better route unless they made deals possible to have sub deals or something like that.

It would not be a problem if you didn't use products.