Allow No Date Activities

Options
Brad Krause_13404
Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 373
5 Up Votes First Comment

Allow for creating activities without a specific due date to accommodate the ability of having non time sensitive to-do items in the activities list. 

Currently if no date value is used it will default to todays date. 

Tagged:

Comments

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2021 #2
    Options

This would be a convenient option that would allow non time critical activities to sit atop the activities list as more of a general todo item. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2021 #3
    Options

Use Case 1.

Sales people send estimates to an estimator using a specific activity. Currently the due date in most cases is set to 1 week out based on the estimators backlog. 95% of the time clients and prospects want the proposal ASAP and they do not supply a due date. So basically our due dates for estimate requests are mostly meaningless. 

If we had the option to not set a due date then the estimator would work to complete estimates based on the date they were received and estimates that had a due date would be more meaningful because if it had a due date then it is truly a due date deadline. 

It seems to me that this would flow better for organizing a backlog of work. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2022 #4
    Options

Use Case 2

When building a list of activities say, canvassing. It's nice to create those activities for places I would like to stop into to drop off pens, notepads, candy, etc. In many cases this might be 3 to 6 months out and I'm just building a list of places I want to stop at. Unfortunately I am forced to choose a date when I would rather just build a list of those places that is conveniently consolidated at the top of the list as a todo because it has no set date. 

• Brad Krause_13404
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2022 #5
    Options

Use case 3. 

I just want to be able to have a list of todo type items that are not date sensitive and wont turn red on my activities list. Sometimes associated with specific pipedrive records and maybe sometimes not associated with any pipedrive records. It would be great to conveniently consolidate activities in one spot (pipedrive) and rely on fewer tools.