Email - How useful is this today?
We started more than a year ago with Pipedrive and made sure our guys connected their email accounts.
Much has been said about the usefulness and technical reliability of the email implementation that Pipedrive has.
I'm more looking at the usefulness from a sales process perspective.
What I am seeing, though - is once you have a bit of email volume, the whole concept of syncing emails to the main person/organization/deal record becomes pretty useless. The volume is high over time, you're literally looking for one diamond in a valley of rocks. On top of that, the volume really crowds out other communications and activities.
Sure, you could flip to a model where users determine which emails should be synced - but I suspect that leads to NO emails in the system. So I'm looking for some ideas here - how could we define a workflow that allows capturing of emails - yet makes the actual use and collection of emails more "actionable"?
- Admin deletion of non-essential emails from PD only? (cutting down on volume)
- Allow creation of activities right from the email in PD? (increasing value of remaining emails)
- Better separation of email from other information (notes, activities) on the account record?
Do we have some best practices here?
Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,052edited April 2022 #2
Hi @Jan Visser
Thanks for sharing this and curious to hear what the community offers as suggestions. May I suggest some as well:
- Set the email sync up to sync only with specific folders. Then a user can control that only emails related to Pipedrive actually sync to our CRM, which means less clutter of unnecessary emails.
- Once you have a contact person and/or deal added to your email, you can actually add an activity from there: http://sharing.pipedrive.com/yb7JgK
- It's also easier to separate emails, notes, etc, on the contact/deal record by clicking on the different tabs here: http://sharing.pipedrive.com/AItLlx
Hope it helps, have a great day!0
Bert Calatz Posts: 73edited April 2022 #3
Hi @Jan Visser
I can tell you how we solved it. And maybe it works for youre team as well (G-Suite is oure main office tool)
Our deal related mail exschange always starts in pipedrive. Never from G-mail. Received e-mails in G-mail that are needed in pipedrive but do not (yet) automatically end up, I forward using the pipedrive add-on for G-mail. From pipedrive I shared one specific folder with G-mail. No clutter of unnecessary emails here.0