Importing Products - Price Variations

Pablo Amilibia
Pablo Amilibia Member Posts: 5
edited December 2023 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

I would like to be able to import price variations for products. As far as I know, Pipedrive only allows one price per item when products are imported. I work in multiple countries with different pricing strategies. Adding price variations manually takes a lot of time. Thanks!

1 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2022 #2

Thanks for sharing @Pablo Amilibia 

Currently there's no active project to improve the importing feature but I'm sure we'll work on it in the future again. I can't make any promises but I've passed your feedback on to the team to consider for a future update. :) 

• Pablo Amilibia
    Pablo Amilibia Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2021 #3

Currently there's no active project to improve the importing feature but I'm sure we'll work on it in the future again. I can't make any promises but I've passed your feedback on to the team to consider for a future update. :) 

Sounds good, thank you Mike!

• Jared Wiener
    Jared Wiener Member Posts: 14
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #4

We have over 900 SKUs, each with up to 6 different prices. It is impossible for anyone like us to manually add each individual price variation. We would greatly value the ability to import price variations. 

Is there any other way to do this? What about via API?

• Gary Maguire
    Gary Maguire Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2020 #5

We have the exact same issue. Also the pipelines align to what ever currency the admin has selected in settings. 

well I work EMEA so have multiple euro currency, GBP, USD and possibly more to come. 

products section is very cluncky. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #6

@Jared Wiener and @Pipedrive Admin thanks for sharing the additional feedback on the products importing. I'm passing it along to our team here.

• Jefferey Galvan
    Jefferey Galvan Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7

Hi @Jared Wiener Were you able to find a solution or workaround for this issue?

• Rory Greaves
    Rory Greaves Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited January 2021 #8

Hi! - was anyone able to find a solution for this? Thanks

• Jared Wiener
    First Comment
    edited January 2021 #9

Hi @Jared Wiener Were you able to find a solution or workaround for this issue?

Nope. Our Sales team has to use our ERP system instead. 

• Jonathan Cabessa
    Jonathan Cabessa Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #10

Any update?

• Rory Greaves
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #11

One thing I saw was having multiple SKU variations on pricing for different customers. But that means on 800 products we’d need about 3.5m+ SKU’s 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #12

Any update?

No update yet @Jonathan Cabessa :( I'm going to nudge the team again but at the moment this isn't on the priority list but in the backlog of ideas.

• Rory Greaves
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #13

Any update?

@Mike van der Valk I would say it should be on the priority list. The platform is nowhere near as a efficient for salespeople using variations of product as it should/could be. 

• Jared Wiener
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #14

Any update?

We would also greatly value this ability. We are a fastener importer with over 800 SKUs, all of which have contract pricing by customer. With Pipedrive today, we are only able to setup List Price and our Salespeople have to go to our ERP system to get the correct price for every single Customer when creating every single Deal. If we had the ability to import multiple prices, then our Salespeople could use Pipedrive as their primary tool on the road. 

• Sales Indumel
    Sales Indumel Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited June 2021 #15

I' experience the same issue and need. Looking at this post date it's 1year old....ane news regarding this very needed feature?  Thanks

• Sales Indumel
    First Comment
    edited June 2021 #16

I' experience the same issue and need. Looking at this post date it's 1year old....ane news regarding this very needed feature?  Thanks

• Sales Indumel
    First Comment
    edited June 2021 #17

• Sales Indumel
    First Comment
    edited June 2021 #18

• Rory Greaves
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #19

Still no update on this? @Mike van der Valk 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2021 #20

Hi @Rory Greaves unfortunately it has not been prioritised versus other updates and initiatives internally 

I will do my best to point this out again. I can see it's on a backlog list but not a high priority at the moment, I'm sorry.

• Jared Wiener
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #21

Thanks for the transparency @Mike van der Valk . Would like to add my support and request to bump this up the priority level. I would imagine there are a significant number of Pipedrive customers that have product SKUs in the hundreds. This type of ability would allow all of us to take greater advantage of the full PD system. Without it, PD ends up being limited to an Account Management tool for us rather than an all-inclusive CRM. 

• Guido Wagenmans
    Guido Wagenmans Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary
    edited January 2022 #22

@Mike van der Valk, I have been struggling with this as well and now found here there is no solution yet. This also to my opinion is KEY priority for us In order to start using Pipedrive for our team I indeed need to manually key in 1400 prices. And from what I read than I am one off the lucky ones with at this project only 175 SKU.

Greetings from a fellow dutchman.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2022 #23

@Guido Wagenmans it's currently not planned unfortunately but understand the hassle :( I'm going to connect with our team and hopefully we can make something work. Greetings back and happy new year :) 

• Jeff Farrick
    Jeff Farrick Member Posts: 54
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2022 #24

I'm starting to feel Pablo's pain. We have successfully integrated Smart Docs into our sales operations, our order management into Pipedrive (maybe someday projects), and now we need to sync the product in PipeDrive to match the same skus/descriptions as what we have in quick books. 

To Pablo's point again, we also deal with orders for clients in multiple countries. 

My personal stake in this is because we have ~1600 SKUs. Going in after to add pricing variations would be nigh impossible.

• Emre Güneş
    Emre Güneş Member Posts: 12
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2022 #25

I'm starting to feel Pablo's pain. We have successfully integrated Smart Docs into our sales operations, our order management into Pipedrive (maybe someday projects), and now we need to sync the product in PipeDrive to match the same skus/descriptions as what we have in quick books. 

To Pablo's point again, we also deal with orders for clients in multiple countries. 

My personal stake in this is because we have ~1600 SKUs. Going in after to add pricing variations would be nigh impossible.

@Mike van der Valk can I ask again? Any update on this matter?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2022 #26

Hi @Emre Güneş and @Jeff Farrick I haven't heard unfortunately about us working on this as of now. However, with us rolling out the SmartDocs I can definitely see the need for this increasing like you mention. I'm going to loop in the SmartDocs team here internally and see if we can get some priority on this perhaps. Thanks for tagging.

• Emre Güneş
    edited April 2022 #27

Yes, exactly. 

If we are serious about SmartDocs, Variant price is an important step as there will be many SKU's on many cases.

Thank you @Mike van der Valk 

• Emre Güneş

I just had another phone call with another client.

If we are working on B2B, Variant price is a very important subject.

Any update? @Mike van der Valk

• Mike van der Valk

Hi @Emre Güneş not yet but I know the team is looking into doing some import revamp next year. I'll ask them to please look at this request.

• Emre Güneş

@Mike van der Valk I would appreciate it. As it's been 2 years now since the first post and I keep thinking this is crucial for smart docs and B2B.

Cheers

• Richard Ham
    Richard Ham Member Posts: 6
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

I would also like to see this feature @Mike van der Valk

Is the issue because there is an indeterminate number of fields for variations? Do you need to upload variations separately with product code as an associated required field? Can you please at least work this through and build the story and estimate?