GIFs in Email: How to Use Them to Win Customers 🎥
Including an animated GIF file in your email can add an interesting and eye-catching element that goes beyond the static email design. Because it’s somewhat difficult to offer a uniform email video experience across devices and email clients, many marketers have turned to GIFs to animate email campaigns.
You can use GIFs to provide a preview of other content, share a mini-explainer video, show a product in action, or animate a reaction. No matter what strategy you choose, make sure it aligns with your end-goals and brand. Also, keep these best practices in mind:
- Keep file size to a minimum. Your email GIFs should be no bigger than 1MB. An oversized image can affect load time or even misalign your email design and formatting.
- Remember mobile users. Keep in mind that mobile devices can alter email design and display everything at a smaller size.
- Keep your GIFs accessible. Consider users who are visually impaired or photosensitive and take the appropriate precautions.
- Add a call to action. Make sure your GIFs support your marketing goals.
- Don’t overdo it. Be deliberate about when to insert GIFs into your email campaigns so you continue to surprise and delight your subscribers.
🔔 Be sure to follow the Email Marketing topic and never miss out on new tips 🔔