Undelete activities?

Stephen Plank
Stephen Plank Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Pipeline was synchronising everything, including dinner with kids, yoga...you name it. So I deleted all these activities from Pipedrive and its cancelled ALL my meetings.   OMG!  How do a) Undelete all my appointments (including customer meetings) and get Pipedrive to leave my calendar alone?

Tagged:

Comments

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,007 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment
    edited August 2021 #2

Hello @Stephen Plank  please reach out to our Support team who will be able to quickly help you with issues regarding your Calendar Sync.

For urgent or technical issues Support is always the most adequate and quickest channel of communication, as the Community is focused on exchanging knowledge, best practices and ideas. Thank you 

• Philip Hall
    Philip Hall Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2021 #3

@Stephen Plank Did you ever get a resolution to this? I had an issue with this, but support needed the exact time and date of deletion, the number of activities, and if it was deleted in bulk or not. Unfortunately I didn't keep records of this (and neither does pipedrive apparently). Was this the case for you as well?

• Stephen Plank
    Stephen Plank Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #4

I never got a reply or resolution for this.  

Pipedrive effectively deleted ALL my calendar invites (clients, staff...the lot). 

We are thinking of changing platforms..

...a bit nervous about this happening again.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,007 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment
    edited November 2021 #5

I never got a reply or resolution for this.  

Pipedrive effectively deleted ALL my calendar invites (clients, staff...the lot). 

We are thinking of changing platforms..

...a bit nervous about this happening again.

Hi @Stephen Plank , I'm sorry to learn that is the case! If you haven't done so yet, please reach out to our Support team 👩‍💻

They are best equipped to help in this matter, as the Community is focused on users exchanging sales knowledge, best practices and ideas. Thank you!

• Dan
    Dan Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I had this issue as well, and Pipedrive support was nearly useless in resolving it.

First, "activities" should be renamed "meetings", unless "activities" is meant to encompass all potential Cal entries. In which case, distinguish each type of calendar activity. But calling a meeting a task is misleading.

Second, when bulk deleting meetings, the user should be asked on each meeting if they're sure they want to delete the meeting on their calendar with reference to their Pipedrive settings (one-way or two-way). There can be a "agree and bulk delete" button, but that should not be the default.

Third, "activity" notifications should be reworked. I thought I was hiding the notification counter, and not deleting every meeting on my calendar.

Fourth, when I contacted support to help, they asked for the user, the day/hour of deletion, and how many items were deleted. Assuming the user would know the exact hour and the number of items deleted is crazy.

Fifth, why is there no deletion folder?

Sixth, support said there is a 72-business-hour turnaround on these requests. This is an insane bottleneck in a biz dev environment. Especially since this should be reversible on the client side.

Seventh, and most important, THIS CAN BE REVERSED ON GOOGLE'S SIDE. Luckily I figured this out on Google Calendar. From your gcal, click settings, then Trash. It stored deleted meetings from the past 30 days.

Final note, this terrible UX has made me instantly distrust Pipedrive. I've adjusted the settings to reduce what Pipedrive can affect and will only use it to capture communications. But man, if it's this easy to screw things up on Pipedrive, what else can go wrong with two clicks?

• Hunter
    Hunter Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Dan,

Thanks for the LIFESAVER of the restore from Google calendar. You saved me many untold hours of recreating my calendar. Thanks again!!!!