Follow Up Emails - Same Email Thread

Options
Jeremy M.
Jeremy M. Member Posts: 11
5 Likes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Hello, 

I want to do an email sequence where a second email is sent to the prospect after a set number of days. The second email would be in the same email thread as the first email. It would be a simple email just saying that I am follow up on the previous email. What is the most efficient way to achieve this through Pipedrive? I have looked at services like Klenty and Outfunnel, but I am hoping that I can do this simple task internally with just Pipedrive. I have been spending a lot of time trying to figure this out. Currently, I go into each individual deal and click "reply all" and plug in the 2nd email template, which is very time consuming. 

Thank you. 

Comments

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 171
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited May 2022 #2
    Options

Hi Jeremy,

Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to create email sequences with our automations. You can automate sending several emails, but they will all the sent at once since we don't have a delay option. This means that for now you will need to use an external tool like Zapier if you want to add a delay step between emails.

However, we completely understand how this would be a very useful feature so I will be passing the feedback along to our product team. You might also want to keep an eye on our What's planned page to be updated about any upcoming releases. :)

Kind regards,

Andreia

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 171
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi again, @Jeremy D. Melmed ,

Our dear workflow automations team just informed me that they are now inviting beta testers for the new delay feature in automations (that would allow you to delay the sending of the second email).

Would you be interested in joining the test? If so @Nuno Oliveira, our product manager, can help you with this. :)

Kind regards,
    Andreia

• Dhanavel. S
    Dhanavel. S Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Hi again, @Jeremy D. Melmed ,

Our dear workflow automations team just informed me that they are now inviting beta testers for the new delay feature in automations (that would allow you to delay the sending of the second email).

Would you be interested in joining the test? If so @Nuno Oliveira, our product manager, can help you with this. :)

Kind regards,
    Andreia

Hi,

Is this completed? Not only delay but also with the follow up thread email?

Follow up email thread sequence

• Laura Martin
    Laura Martin Member Posts: 14
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2022 #5
    Options

Hi Jeremy,

Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to create email sequences with our automations. You can automate sending several emails, but they will all the sent at once since we don't have a delay option. This means that for now you will need to use an external tool like Zapier if you want to add a delay step between emails.

However, we completely understand how this would be a very useful feature so I will be passing the feedback along to our product team. You might also want to keep an eye on our What's planned page to be updated about any upcoming releases. :)

Kind regards,

Andreia

I would like to add my request to Jeremy's. Here's my use case.

At a certain stage of every Deal, a special email template with deal specific information needs to be sent to the Deal Contact Person. It our company's best practice to have all email communications remain on a single thread from start to finish.

My hope is that we can set up a workflow automation so that when certain conditions are met, an email template goes to the Contact Person within the existing thread, and the deal then is moved to the next Stage.

Thanks!

• Jeremy M.
    Options

Hi @Andreia Freixo . I am just seeing your responses now as the old Pipedrive Community wasn't working well for me. The new Pipedrive Community interface seems better.

I understand that the delay feature is now available, which is great. What about being able to do it in the same email thread?

• Dapo
    Dapo Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Email threading is a very important feature for automation. Still no plan to implement this?

• Mark M
    Mark M Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Any updates on email threading for automation? I think this should definitely be implemented as an option.

• Jeremy M.
    Options

Unfortunately I don't think Pipedrive is going to create this critical feature. I am starting to look at other integrations just so I can do email threading. I would really prefer to do email threading within Pipedrive.

• daily_hopper
    daily_hopper Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I'm giving a +1 for this feature as well. No point in sending follow up emails if they are not in the same thread.

• Avilla Support
    Avilla Support Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    Options

We, at Avilla Innovations, can implement this exact automation your are looking for with our tailored Pipeline Management service.

Scheduled a free consultation, and we'll answer all your questions: https://calendly.com/ail-sales/project-consultation

Avilla Innovations, a proud Pipedrive partner.

https://avillainnovations.com/

• Robert Thompson_31341
    Robert Thompson_31341 Member Posts: 11
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2023 #12
    Options

We're also looking for email threading within PipeDrive automations. Hubspot offers this functionality: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/sequences/create-an-email-thread-with-your-sequence

• ryan.macdonell
    ryan.macdonell Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Why are there no plans to add email threading for automation? I have been loving Pipedrive, but this created such a giant bottleneck that my team is considering switching platforms entirely.

It looks like this has been requested for 2+ years. Please implement this.

This discussion has been closed.