🆕 Campaigns: Feature Updates and Roadmap

Options
Janis Rozenblats
Janis Rozenblats Posts: 169 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
edited July 2022 in What's New #1

Hey, Pipedrivers. 

It's been a quiet few weeks from our side, but we are back with some updates. 

🚀 Feature Updates 

Live: 🌱

• Email personalization is a winning strategy! Now all Person custom fields are available inside the email drag and drop editor as merge fields. This way, you can make sure your email campaigns feel even more personal.

Coming soon:

• Email footer localization has been a requested improvement from those who have customers in non-English speaking countries. To make sure you can localize the email fully, soon you will have an option to change the language of the footer text to fit your audience.
  • Leadbooster web form update will allow you to subscribe contacts that fill out the web form automagically. No more manual follow-up actions for you.
  • You might have a question based on the above: "How about integrations and API?". The answer is that we have an API endpoint available for integrators, and we will be inviting marketplace partners to upgrade their integrations. If you have a custom integration, ping me and I will share the documentation.

🛣️ Roadmap: 2021, Quarter 4

Since the launch in June, we've been gathering feedback, interviewing many of you, and getting ready to build new functionalities that will make your life much easier. To do that, first, we have to make sure the foundation is built on is secure, scalable infrastructure and the user experience is flawless. So in the next 3 months...

• We are preparing to exit beta in January 2022.
  • We are focusing on the email infrastructure, doing stress tests, and securing the web app.
  • Although we have many users who are pretty advanced and ready to consume Campaigns as is, the app requires some user experience improvements to make sure all users follow best practices and can get started effortlessly.

🛣️ Roadmap: 2022, Quarter 1

Some of the bigger things that we have in the roadmap right after the work scheduled in Q4 are:

• Domain authentication
  • Email automation series, drip campaigns
  • Double or confirmed opt-in solution
  • Campaign scheduling

These items don't include ongoing improvements based on your feedback. So keep it coming. 

💬 I will be happy to discuss the roadmap in the thread below! 

P.S. I wanted to share a really fun Campaigns promo video with you. What do you think? 

https://pipedrive.hubs.vidyard.com/watch/kxwp5f3MhDZbeD3eCppmxU?ref=community_post

Comments

• Jörgen Sjöstrand_231
    Jörgen Sjöstrand_231 Member Posts: 80
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2022 #2
    Options

Hi, regarding, the below section, can that be used to get data like UTM-tags into Pipedrive through web forms?  (a dearly lacked function). 

• Leadbooster web form update will allow you to subscribe contacts that fill out the web form automagically. No more manual follow-up actions for you.
    • You might have a question based on the above: "How about integrations and API?". The answer is that we have an API endpoint available for integrators, and we will be inviting marketplace partners to upgrade their integrations. If you have a custom integration, ping me and I will share the documentation.
  • Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2022 #3
    Options

Hi, regarding, the below section, can that be used to get data like UTM-tags into Pipedrive through web forms?  (a dearly lacked function). 

@Janis Rozenblats do you want to chip in? :)

• Janis Rozenblats
    edited March 2022 #4
    Options

@Jörgen Sjöstrand apologies for delay. 
    So the short answer is no additional functionality was added to the LeadFeeder webforms except the ability to automatically subscribe people who submit the form. 
    This feature is already available, final tests and we are ready to roll it out to all beta users.

If this kind of UTM tag tracking was not possible before, then it won't be now. I've forwarded the message to the team working on the webforms and will update you when I hear back.

• Drew_23420
    Drew_23420 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2022 #5
    Options

When will these capabilities be available for me to use?

• Email automation series, drip campaigns
    • Campaign scheduling
  • Jörgen Sjöstrand_231
    Jörgen Sjöstrand_231 Member Posts: 80
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2022 #6
    Options

Great thanks, not being able to get UTM-tags into Pipedrive does also mean that I cant know what Marketing-campaigns have generated the leads. 

• Agustin Ullmann
    Agustin Ullmann Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited March 2022 #7
    Options

Hi!

I am preparing out first Campaing and I bumped into an important detail:

As you are working on it, it is not autalatically saved as it happens with email drafts, for example. I had to redo three times a few parts cause I was logged out of my account, or click on the wrong button of the browser.

Woudl be awesome to rest assured ones changes are stored immediately. The UNDO arrow works lovely, though!

• Marcus Belke
    Marcus Belke Member Posts: 16
    5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2022 #8
    Options

Hi, Any more details on how you will implement the important double opt in feature?

• Marcus Belke
    edited March 2022 #9
    Options

Hi Do i get htis right. There will be a feature that allows leads filling out a webform will be automatically subscribed? Will this be an additional field or how will this be triggered?

Thank

• Marcus Belke
    edited March 2022 #10
    Options

Thank you. Have a question regarding the sender adress. Our campaign mails end up in poeples spam/junk folder, because the sender adress is not authenticated. Any idea on how this can be prevented. Should we not add a senders adress, so the that pipedrive adress is the sender? What improvement will you add in the future and what is best practice for now . Thanks!

• Matt Stiller
    Matt Stiller Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2022 #11
    Options

are there training videos for the campaign feature?

• Lisa Wallace_59157
    Lisa Wallace_59157 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic
    edited March 2022 #12
    Options

Thank you. Have a question regarding the sender adress. Our campaign mails end up in poeples spam/junk folder, because the sender adress is not authenticated. Any idea on how this can be prevented. Should we not add a senders adress, so the that pipedrive adress is the sender? What improvement will you add in the future and what is best practice for now . Thanks!

Following this - I also am keen for a solution to this.

• Janis Rozenblats
    edited March 2022 #13
    Options

For those interested in API, here is documentation describing the main use cases and API endpoints for Campaigns

• Stefan J Schaffeld_66412
    Stefan J Schaffeld_66412 Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited June 2022 #14
    Options

an awesome function

I nocticed that the double-opt in request form has the option for language at the top. However, this is greyed out with English the only option. Is this a feature under development? If yes, when will it be operational?

thanks 

• marketing omnibus
    Options

Please see my thread here

I think this is such a critical component of automations and campaigns that doesn't seem to be implemented.

• Stephen Phillips
    Stephen Phillips Member Posts: 16
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Combo Breaker
    Options

Hey Janis

Hope you are keeping well!

We want to add someone to Pipedrive email campaigns - when they sign up to our newsletter on our new

website (image attached). I def do not want to have to be forced to pay for Leadbooster just to do this simple task at an extra £39!!

Is there another way to do this I.E can we use https://www.gravityforms.com/add-ons/gravity-forms-to-pipedrive-crm/ to do this - to:

a) Subscribe them

b) will they also get added to pipe drive and how - as a contact we cab tag using Gravity Forms?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Stephen

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Options

For leads coming from systems outside Pipedrive, you can only 'subscribe' somebody manually as of today.

• KB
    KB Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited October 2022 #18
    Options

All custom person fields are available in the drag and drop email editor as merge fields but are you going to push the possibility to have other fields like custom fields in the case to allow to have tracking numbers of coli or case ? thanks @Janis Rozenblats

• Janis Rozenblats
    Options

@Stephen Phillips it would be great if you could ping the Gravity Forms team and ask them to include Pipedrive marketing status field control in their integration. It's available via API and just needs to be added to the integration. That would be great, as any integration partner likes to hear from customers directly to gauge interest!

If you and other community members could provide the use-case(s) that you feel would be of the greatest need, that would be very helpful. We can then use this to formulate better requirements for 3rd party vendors that they should support.

• Stephen Phillips
    Options

Hi Janis, I hope you're well.

I take it that this is a no. If Pipedrive which is now a massive company can't speak to gravity forms then I'm assuming will be wasting our time.

I'm just really confused how there is no way to get someone onto our list from a sign up page on our website. Just so you know, before reaching out to you, I have spoken to 3 people at Pipedrive and each one has given a different answer?

So I'm assuming that if we can't get anyone to sign up to our newsletter, we'll just have to use mailchimp until you fix this?

Thanks janis and let me know.

Best regards

Stephen

• Janis Rozenblats
    Options

@Stephen Phillips You've misunderstood me. We do speak with all our partners and invite them to upgrade integrations as we roll out new functionality. The users can influence this by requesting certain improvements. If there is no demand, it's hard to prioritize. Even your comment will be used as a +1 to that improvement.

Pipedrive web forms have a consent field that allows you to subscribe the contact to marketing emails.

• Stephen Phillips
    Options

Thanks. So are you saying that after paying for email marketing in Pipedrive, we have to pay an extra £39 just to be able to subscribe someone to our newsletter?? I'm so confused.....

By the way, one of your colleagues said we could use gravity forms and the other said we can't!???

• Janis Rozenblats
    Options

Thanks, Stephen, obviously there is some work to be done, and that's on our top priority list.

We will check with the team why there is this misalignment.

• Stephen Phillips
    Options

Thanks Janis, that's great as we really want to use it but without being able to subscribe someone to it means we can't. Please keep me updated! Thanks Janis!!

• Pascal
    Pascal Member Posts: 4
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@Stephen Phillips I like to add some feature requests that are very needed and already work with e.g. Hubspot

1. Automatically send out DOI after Webform submit (very very important GDPR requirement)
    2. Enrole users in worfklows multiple times so we can resend campaigns (no "Repetitive campaign" problem - doesn't make sense to me why it was put in)
    3. Track user ability within campaigns and build workflow triggers out of it: Form submission and campaign activity (Click on link etc.) should be usable as a trigger in Workflows
    4. User scoring based on the level of activity
    5. And all other GDPR stuff that isn't working and actually make it really not possible to legaly use campaigns at all - see my comments here https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/10939/tell-us-about-your-needs-in-terms-of-gdpr-data-protection-compliance-in-web-forms-and-elsewhere#latest

• Carolynsdesk
    Carolynsdesk Member Posts: 8
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

We have a custom integration. Can you send me the details please.

• Carolynsdesk
    Carolynsdesk Member Posts: 8
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I can't wait for the drip campaigns!! We need to be able to stop campaigns based on deal stage or specific contact/deal custom fields.

We need to be able to start or stop a campaign based on clicked links and/or email opened status.

Those are the 2 main ones.

I am SOOOO glad to see progress on double Opt in.

• Gian Marco - InCodice
    Options

Hi, @Janis Rozenblats , referring to the following feature: "Leadbooster web form update will allow you to subscribe contacts that fill out the web form automagically. No more manual follow-up actions for you." , is it something currently running ? Or do we have a deadline for this feature to be online ? Many thanks

• Eelko Huizing
    Eelko Huizing Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

For us a must-have feature for campaigns is to be able to trigger automations based on e-mail opens and clicks. This is currently blocking us from moving to campaigns at the moment.

• Kelsey Bratcher
    Options

@Janis Rozenblats I am a partner and I have clients that have been very keen on using campaigns. However the experience is very frustrating for them and me.

1. The first challenge has to do with the 2FA requirement being email only. It also makes it difficult for partner users interacting the account. Email 2FA is an awful experience and most of my clients end up sending themselves multiple emails by accident and then confirming on the wrong links. I understand why this is there, but it is pissing people off.
    2. Signing up for a trial is easy and so is the general verification process. However, ALL of my current clients that have signed up for campigns have had their access suspended pending some of further verification process. This process is frustrating especially since all of these users are coming from Mailchimp, other CRMs with Marketing features etc. The accounts are suspended without warning or expectation being properly established. It takes more than 24 hours to resolve, and the process is generally terrible. I understand why you are going through the trouble but there has to be some middle ground. I sign up with mailchimp no problems. They have a process for onboarding users that doesn't require this hassle and also doesn't prevent customers from paying for the tool.
    3. This process also makes people think they are doing something they shouldn't or that they have gotten in trouble without even doing anything wrong.
    4. If I add a contact to my app I should be able to easily indicate a contact is eligible to receive marketing. Most all of my contacts and deals are created through API/3rd party apps and we have obtained email marketing permissions.

• Jesko
    Jesko Member Posts: 13
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

@Janis Rozenblats For Q1/2022 you planned to add "Email automation series and drip campaigns".

However it seams, as if Pipedrive still doesn't allow to send emails via API. Is that correct?

As the workflow automation already allows to send emails, I suppose Pipedrive already has such an API?! If so, could you please make that available to customers as well? That would be a great help!

For details e.g. see this request: https://devcommunity.pipedrive.com/t/send-email-via-api/3516/4 + also see question of Drew_23420