For a residential real estate brokerage firm, where would you organize properties?

Clea Gray Amat
Clea Gray Amat Member Posts: 3
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1
Tagged:

Comments

• Edie Mew
    Edie Mew Member Posts: 168
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Answer
    edited May 2022 #2

Hi @Clea Gray Amat  please may I ask, when you are dealing with property and require communication, is this always with a person? Or sometimes can be through an Organisation. 

It's always been tricky to organise the data architecture around real estate and property management, as most of the time there is not just one point of contact. A few things to consider when organising data and building the architecture 

• Who are you mostly communicating with when you have a deal?
    • Do you ever communicate with more than one person against that deal and does it need to be captured in Pipedrive? 
    • How would you prefer to see the data in Pipedrive, by property name, number, postcode or do you have your own naming metrics?
    • Using either custom fields or labels can help organise the data - using filters can ensure you see who you need to contact, create deals with or set activities against
  • Clea Gray Amat
    Clea Gray Amat Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2022 #3
    Edie Mew said:

Hi @Clea Gray Amat  please may I ask, when you are dealing with property and require communication, is this always with a person? Or sometimes can be through an Organisation. 

It's always been tricky to organise the data architecture around real estate and property management, as most of the time there is not just one point of contact. A few things to consider when organising data and building the architecture 

• Do you ever communicate with more than one person against that deal and does it need to be captured in Pipedrive? 
    • How would you prefer to see the data in Pipedrive, by property name, number, postcode or do you have your own naming metrics?
    • Using either custom fields or labels can help organise the data - using filters can ensure you see who you need to contact, create deals with or set activities against

Hi Edie,

Thanks for your reply.

We have two pipelines...one is for 'Sellers' which is our onboarding of properties for sale and the second is 'buyers' which is the sales process and selling the actual houses to buyers. We have various deals in each of these pipelines, and there is normally one main contact for each deal (either a buyer or a seller).

We add the basic property information of all of our sales properties into the 'products' section of Pipedrive (via a plug-in from our website). This allows us to have view of our property stock in Pipedrive. We have for example, name of the property, reference, address, sales price, size, bedrooms, seller contact etc... 

But the product section is limited, and I'm considering changing the set-up and adding our sales properties as 'organizations' instead of 'products'. 

I'm just wondering if there's a better place to save our property information in Pipedrive.  

Many Thanks, 

Clea

• Keegan Sard_75594
    Keegan Sard_75594 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #4
    Edie Mew said:

Did you end up moving properties to Orgs?

• Miranda_17411
    Miranda_17411 Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2022 #5
    Edie Mew said:

I feel like there should be a whole division of Pipedrive for helping the real estate community get the features working in a way that helps the real estate industry

• Eli Glanz
    Eli Glanz Member Posts: 49
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2022 #6
    Edie Mew said:

Yes agreed!

Pipedrive is advertising to the real estate community, but the CRM is not really optimized for real estate at all in my opinion. @Mike van der Valk 

Although, the UX and Activities are awesome for real estate, the Relational structure of Deals, Orgs, People and Leads, are totally not.

On the Selling end;

It's very difficult to optimize it for properties, apartments (aka Listings) and their potential buyers.

On the Purchasing end; 

it's easier I guess as You'd have the Properties as Deals and the rest is as usual, except - You run into problems when you work with apartments (which you usually do)

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited May 2022 #7
    Edie Mew said:

Hi @Eli Glanz thanks for the tag, I think for now most real estate companies use either a product or the organization as the property when selling. Nonetheless, I'm passing on your info to our team if we can optimize this.

• Dominique H.
    Dominique H. Member Posts: 18
    Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

Hello,

We are a professional company based in Belgium that has set up an entire automation workflow for Real Estate. We give free consultations as a service solution provider partner of Pipedrive.

We have created a database that synchronizes with Pipedrive to manage al your data. We push it to several workflows into Pipedrive and other systems.

We collect data from:

• Lead platforms (seller leads)
    • Social media platforms (seller & buyer leads)
    • Your personal real estate website (incoming data: buyer & seller leads)
    • Real estate platform requests visits (incoming data: buyer & seller leads)

We push data to following flows in Pipedrive:

• Follow-up flow
    • Prospection flow
    • Home valuation flow
    • Preparation (marketing) flow
    • Visits for sale
    • Visits for rental
    • Visits for Newbuild
    • Billing workflow
    • Or custom flows

We connect data with:

• Your preferred billing system
    • Your CRM to manage your properties ( you don't need to work with a CRM)
    • Email marketing software to trigger flows
    • One-time emails for follow-up notifications before and after appointments

We can always do a free online call to see how we can help you. Visit our website www.amai.immo or book a free call true this link: https://calendly.com/future-marketing-agency/online-meeting-001