📣 Pipedrive Project management - Beta release

2»

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited May 2022 #32

Can I assign a contact to a task?  Right now it seems I can only assign tasks to PipeDrive users.  Is that correct?

Hi @Jeff Richter in your screenshot the contact persons are Jo Hartman and Todd Johnson, here you can also add more contacts that will be linked to the activity :) 

• Jeff Richter
    Jeff Richter Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2022 #33

Can I assign a contact to a task?  Right now it seems I can only assign tasks to PipeDrive users.  Is that correct?

Understood and the actual task owner is Kiera Gann right?  If I have that right my question is can I add contacts as task owners or is that reserved for only PipeDrive account users?

• Gonçalo
    Gonçalo Member Posts: 14
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #34

Anyone know how to automate creating a new project every time deal is marked as won?

Basically, every time a deal is marked as won it turns into a project and is passed on to the project Management Team. So, automatically creating a new project would be very useful, linked to the deal that triggered its creation.

Additionally, ideally templates would exist for each type of deal (templates created ahead of time by the user) and Pipedrive would ask which type of template to be used to create the new deal.

Lastly, since each project is linked to a deal, it should link automatically to the contact person of that deal.

Also, related to all Pipedrive deals too, not just projects, many deals and most projects are linked in reality to more than one contact person, so they should have that option.

Thanks

I've tried, makes me and later someone from the sales or PM team or even admin team have to do the following:

1. go into deals
    2. check if any new deal was won today or yesterday
    3. copy the name of the deal
    4. go into the projects area
    5. create a new project and name and assign to relevant PM
    6. copy tasks from previous project (maybe)
    7. re-assign all tasks to relevant PM

Too many clicks.

What I suspect will end up happening is nobody uses the project side and will keep using our other PM SaaS... Which is not what we want... But let's keep pushing, wait and see (but we need to be able to simplify and automate as much as possible - copying the info and deals from the deals automatically is also critical for that)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2022 #35

Anyone know how to automate creating a new project every time deal is marked as won?

Basically, every time a deal is marked as won it turns into a project and is passed on to the project Management Team. So, automatically creating a new project would be very useful, linked to the deal that triggered its creation.

Additionally, ideally templates would exist for each type of deal (templates created ahead of time by the user) and Pipedrive would ask which type of template to be used to create the new deal.

Lastly, since each project is linked to a deal, it should link automatically to the contact person of that deal.

Also, related to all Pipedrive deals too, not just projects, many deals and most projects are linked in reality to more than one contact person, so they should have that option.

Thanks

Simplifying, taking steps away, and automating is high on our priority list :) thanks for sharing!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2022 #36

Gotcha! At this point the task owner is indeed only Pipedrive users. But I noted down your feedback for potential future updates.

• Matt Lyons
    Matt Lyons Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2022 #37

Is there an option yet to mark a project as COMPLETE so it leaves my project section? The only thing I can find is delete. But I don't want to delete it as I'll lose all my records of that project. Needs to be an archive or complete option...

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2022 #38

Is there an option yet to mark a project as COMPLETE so it leaves my project section? The only thing I can find is delete. But I don't want to delete it as I'll lose all my records of that project. Needs to be an archive or complete option...

@Matt Lyons it's not there yet but one of the first things in our backlog! 🚀

• Matt Lyons
    edited May 2022 #39

Thanks! Figured as much. I'm just brain dumping every single little thought in my head.

Is it best I post in here or using the "Help us to improve the project management area and share your feedback" function inside Pipedrive?

What do you guys prefer?

• Matt Lyons
    edited May 2022 #40

Also, any rough idea on when we can expect to see some of these new changes beginning to roll out for our next layer of testing? Will you gather data for a month and then implement in the next few months, or will you start putting in little things every couple of weeks? Because of course we then need to provide feedback on those updates :)

• Matt Lyons
    edited May 2022 #41

As for the 'issue' so to speak at hand, I'm just using a 'COMPLETE' label as the workaround.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2022 #42

Hi @Matt Lyons you can share it where you best prefer :) I will pick it up and share it with the team. 

For updates, we will be expanding the team working on it for the coming year. Expect "smaller" changes weekly and bigger changes like adding status, kanban, etc.. on a slower cadence. We intend however to do a lot of improvement in the coming year!

• Matt Lyons
    edited May 2022 #43

Great!

Kanban sounds really exciting.

I'll probably just submit them from the feature in pipedrive. It's easier and faster for me.

If you need any further info from me, please do reach out. More than happy to help.

For context, all my projects are medium to high ticket, physical products that will be shipped to my customers. Nothing is service-based and it's more about lots of little simplish orders rather than big ongoing 'projects' as such.

Actually I say nothing is service based, but I'm just not using my serviced based side of the business in here. Yet. I'll bring that in at a later date.

Basically my projects cover a VERY wide range of categories... So customisability is my biggest thing.

Not sure if any of that is useful, but there's context from me FYI...

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2022 #44

Thanks Matt, I'll reach out to you at one point! :) 

• Matt Lyons
    edited May 2022 #45

So this one is pretty urgent otherwise I'm going to have to stop further testing and move back to excel...

There is no scroll function!!!

I've got about 30 jobs in the list right now and there is no way to scroll to the bottom to access the rest of them!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2022 #46

So this one is pretty urgent otherwise I'm going to have to stop further testing and move back to excel...

I've got about 30 jobs in the list right now and there is no way to scroll to the bottom to access the rest of them!

@Matt Lyons this is a bug we're actively working on right now, I'm sorry about that one!

• Matt Lyons
    edited May 2022 #47

Thank you! As a temporary hack, I can zoom out on chrome to allow me to see a bit more. So that'll work for a bit!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2022 #48

@Matt Lyons the scrolling but is fixed, you can zoom in again 😇