How can I import "Related Organizations"?

Karsten Brand
Karsten Brand Member Posts: 7
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

We are just importing data to pipedrive to get the system ready and all "engines" running! Within 12.000 companies we have round about 100 organizations with parent or daughter organizations - some have multiple daughters.

How can we import this information?
I can't see an import field for "Related Organizations".

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #2

You can add a custom field for Organization and map the child ORG ID with the parent ORG ID.

• Michael Campsall
    Michael Campsall Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #3

You can add a custom field for Organization and map the child ORG ID with the parent ORG ID.

can you explain this further? I am also in need of a solution for associating parent/daughter orgs on import

• kreeves
    kreeves Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Is there a visual to show how this can be done?

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment 5 Insightfuls

Hi @kreeves -

Complex imports can be a bit cumbersome so it is tough to show as a visual, however this is the basic process you would need to follow:

1. Create a custom Org detail field called “Parent” where the Field Type is “Organization”
    2. Import all Orgs without the parent/child relationship
    3. Export all Orgs with the Org IDs
    4. In the export, add a column “Organization - Parent” and for each Org that is a daughter, add the Parent Org ID into that field
    5. Import the sheet again to add the “Parent” relationship to the Daughter Orgs

The key is to use the Org ID in the mapping to ensure that everything connects properly.

Please feel free to reach out if you would like additional support.

- Liz

Schedule a Working Session | Pipedrive for Beginners | Pipedrive Integrations