Emails from Pipedrive are going into spam

Options
Customer Service_60762
Customer Service_60762 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I'm finding that emails that are being sent through Pipedrive are going into clients spam/junk.

I've tested sending the same exact email from outlook just to make sure it wasn't a Microsoft issue but the email sent goes direct to the inbox.

Is it possible to add Pipedrive to an SPF record so that inboxes know that it's safe?

This is a huge issue for us as we have a template email we send to new leads and manage all customer emails through Pipedrive to keep a record and track opens and clicks. 

This issue is making us miss out on potential clients. If no solution is found ASAP we will have to switch providers and will be seeking a refund.

Answers

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2022 #2
    Options

Hello! 

Sorry to hear you are facing this issue with emails. Please do reach out to our Support team via in-app chat or email support@pipedrive.com to investigate the exact case further and understand what can be done to prevent it.

• Ben_56944
    Ben_56944 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2021 #3
    Options

+1 we have the same issue.  this seems more related to pipedrive than the specific user.

• Customer Service_60762
    Customer Service_60762 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2021 #4
    Options
    Kreete K said:

Hello! 

Sorry to hear you are facing this issue with emails. Please do reach out to our Support team via in-app chat or email support@pipedrive.com to investigate the exact case further and understand what can be done to prevent it.

Currently talking to your support team with your devs testing but this is taking too much time.

For clarity here's what's happening:

Any email sent from Pipedrive will go to spam if the user has a Microsoft email address. This can be hotmail, live, outlook ect.

I ran a couple of tests and here are the results when sending the email via Pipedrive: https://shared-report.glockapps.com/tests/2021-11-19-15:35:29:611t/deliverabilty?_ga=2.250408079.880132098.1637253682-1957503943.1637253682 

As you can see, only approx 60% of emails get through, with Microsoft emails going straight to spam. 

I have set up SPF, DMARC, DCIM for our account, emails are passing every check, just doesn't make sense. 

When we the same email via Outlook we achieved a 90+% inbox rate...

Please sort this as it's really not good enough.

I've been on to M365 Support, Pipedrive Support, Cloudflare Support. 

Send help....

• Jonathan Nguyen
    Jonathan Nguyen Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited November 2021 #5
    Options

We have the same issue

• Bradley Jones
    Bradley Jones Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2021 #6
    Options

We're having this issue widely reported from clients / potentials also (via subsequent phone call). The feedback is being volunteered by our clients, hence we are looking for a solution here. 

We're concerned that there is a lot of mail going to spam that we're not even aware of, so looking into it to see if we can do anything to improve the delivery rate also, but we suspect it a fundamentally a Pipedrive problem, so would be good to know more. 

Thanks.

• Mark May
    Mark May Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2021 #7
    Options

I'm concerned were experiencing the same challenge. Our open rate is VERY low, and for some companies that we prospect multiple individuals, we see that none of them are viewing our email.

• Antoine Royer
    Antoine Royer Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited December 2021 #8
    Options
    Kreete K said:

Hello! 

We have the same problem. 

• Marc Peterzens
    Marc Peterzens Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

I have reported this exact same issue, multiple times to Pipedrive support months ago. The support has/had honestly no clue it seems, they dont know SPF and DKIM etc which is crazy.

If they dont fix this asap, we will have to move to another CRM. Now most email from Pipedrive go to spam, whats the point? 

@Pipedrive, pls take this seriously as affecting our business.. and stop saying contact support but fix this today

• Marc Peterzens
    edited December 2021 #10
    Options

I have reported this exact same issue, multiple times to Pipedrive support months ago. The support has/had honestly no clue it seems, they dont know SPF and DKIM etc which is crazy.

If they dont fix this asap, we will have to move to another CRM. Now most email from Pipedrive go to spam, whats the point? 

@Pipedrive, pls take this seriously as affecting our business.. and stop saying contact support but fix this today

Is Pipedrive looking into this guys? I dont see any reaction from them? Many thanks

• Rob Dash_6161
    Rob Dash_6161 Member Posts: 10
    First Comment
    edited December 2021 #11
    Options

we are having the same problem. New customers are not receiving quotes. They just go to junkmail. Existing customers of 3 years or longer, are also seeing our PD emails going to junkmail. The tech help has not helped. We cannot continue using PD if this is not fixed soon

• Tomas_64032
    Tomas_64032 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2021 #12
    Options
    Kreete K said:

Hello! 

did you set up spf, dkim particurlaly for pipedrive? 

• Ben_56944
    edited January 2022 #13
    Options
    Kreete K said:

Hello! 

Does this exist for Pipedrive?  Seems like Pipedrive support doesn't know what this is

• Rob Dash_6161
    First Comment
    edited January 2022 #14
    Options
    Kreete K said:

Hello! 

I went through all this last month and Pipedrive tech support advised us to set up SPF and DKIM, which we did. After that the problem continued, and Pipedrive  said that basically there was nothing wrong on their end; there is no more they can do. Now we are sending important emails from outside PD...very annoying, and time consuming. For campaigns we will go back to using Mailchimp. Not sure what to do in the long term now.

• Marc Peterzens
    edited January 2022 #15
    Options
    Kreete K said:

Hello! 

They told me the same thing.. they lift their hands in the air basically.. I am running my own business and they don't understand this is an important issue. I have started using MXToolbox as well to understand email deliverability.. 

Same as you, important emails are sent from Outlook directly, I also use another marketing which works great for campaigns. 

What strikes me is that PD dont really bother replying to this thread either, just shows they don't care too much about this issue. If I find a better CRM, will keep you posted, have tried many but I am reluctant to change as Pipedrive is good in other areas. 

• Irina Iglesias
    Irina Iglesias Pipedrive Team Posts: 32 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited January 2022 #16
    Options
    Kreete K said:

Hello! 

Hello @Marc Peterzens 

We would like to apologize if you feel this issue is not taken seriously due to the lack of reply on this thread. 

We take care of technical issues within support as every case can have different nuances and specific investigation might be needed so if you wish to report any issue or discuss something more specific about this please reach out to our support via in-app chat or email support@pipedrive.com. 

I will make sure to share this feedback internally.

Thank you. 

• Ben_56944
    edited January 2022 #17
    Options
    Kreete K said:

Hello! 

This is the reply I got from support.  tl;dr they don't seem to have an answer.  salesforce, salesloft, mailchimp etc all have settings for this.

---

Let me do my best to give you all the information we can SPF/DKIM.

Messages travel via a reputation system. The higher your reputation, the higher your chances of a message being received. Messages sent directly from the email client have a higher chance of being received since this is the default approach and provides the highest reputation for that email server. The problem comes when integrating with 3rd party apps like Pipedrive.

It’s expected that your reputation is lower when integrating with a 3rd party app - not much lower, but lower. Things like email tracking also lower the reputation, since email tracking is blocked by many email clients. Pipedrive only mirrors what your Email provider has, which includes SPF/DKIM settings and policies.

You can check to see if you have their SPF/DKIM/DMARC policies properly established with your email provider.

To summarize, it is expected behavior for some messages to be received as spam, especially given all the info above. Another thing to keep in mind is the recipient also plays a role since they can have unique mail filters. Unfortunately those we cannot improve, best approach is to improve your mail reputation in the first place.

• Rob Dash_6161
    First Comment
    edited January 2022 #18
    Options
    Kreete K said:

Hello! 

That's the same answer I got - essentially, that the problem is my email reputation. I have followed all the recommendations, from turn off tracking to DKIM. No change. 

Two problems;

1. It is obviously affecting a lot of Pipedrive users, so the problem is more than the reputation of my email server.
    2. Regardless of the reason, if it does not change, I will have to leave Pipedrive. I don't want to but if my prospects do not receive my proposals, I must find a reliable alternative.
  • Filipe Portela
    Filipe Portela Posts: 19 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited March 2022 #19
    Options
    Kreete K said:

Hello! 

Hey everyone! 

I'm not wanting to sound repetitive here at all but I'll go in line with what my colleagues Kreete and Irina said. 

There can be multiple reasons for emails ending in spam instead of delivering to the inbox. It's true as well that email tracking can be a problem as it lowers the reputation and many people these days add track blockers that make the emails go to spam instead. 

It's important to reach directly to our support as we have a team that is specialized on syncs like email sync, and together with our engineers, they can try their best to pinpoint what happened. 

If you can please do reach out to our Support and let's see if we can find solutions for your issues. I understand it's annoying and a problem in general and makes you lose trust in the system as well. I'll make sure this thread gets to a good port as well as if there's something we can improve from our end, then we will do it. 

Thank you everyone for your inputs and for the discussion, hopefully with the help of Support we can have the issues solved, and the feedback itself is great for our Product team that takes care of Email sync to have a look!

• Nicholas Leguen de Lacroix
    Nicholas Leguen de Lacroix Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #20
    Options

is there any update on this? anyone had any joy recitifying their issues? We have just taken up Pipedirve to find the majority of our emails to clients are going straight to spam! This is a huge issue, We don't want to send through outlook, it defeats the object of keeping everything tracked on pipedrive.

anyone solved it?

• Bradley Jones
    edited February 2022 #21
    Options

Regrettably we've had to move away from Pipedrive because of this issue. In every other respect Pipedrive is great with good customer service and they're generally proactive at resolving issues.

I'm not entirely certain where the email delivery issue was starting... (its not my day job!) but as a small company it fell to me to sort... I switched our email provider from 365 to G suite, incase it was a Microsoft problem and still found deliverability issues even through Gmail. I've read around a lot regarding what triggers spam 'flagging' and there seems to be a range of issues but primarily SPF and DKIM settings. There are also email formatting issues, subject lines, content, attachments etc all of which we reviewed. What's become clear is it's clearly a Pipedrive issue and it was costing us money as leads were not being contacted etc going straight to junk.

We've ultimately moved to Zoho CRM. Whilst in many other areas it is clunky with its own problems, we've found our email deliverability is now up to around 90%, we've been able to add SPF, DKIM for Zoho and we've reviewed our email templates using Zoho's settings. Zoho actually has its own email template formatting issues, but overall its a significant step up from Pipedrive and been worth persevering with.

We've tried using Pipedrive and Zoho in parallel (initially Zoho for Leads and Pipedrive for other client CRM and job tracking issues) but it has become cumbersome to run two systems, duplicating information, and we've found that we're now primarily using Zoho instead. 

I'm conscious that Pipedrive is trying to overhaul its email system generally, but as the 'critical aspect' of a CRM I.e. corresponding with leads / contacts we can't return until this is sorted. I'm watching this thread in case of a significant change that makes it worth revisiting, but they really need to up their game as priority because the current email offering is very poor, but for us the ship has now sailed.

• Nicholas Leguen de Lacroix
    Nicholas Leguen de Lacroix Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #22
    Options

Regrettably we've had to move away from Pipedrive because of this issue. In every other respect Pipedrive is great with good customer service and they're generally proactive at resolving issues.

I'm not entirely certain where the email delivery issue was starting... (its not my day job!) but as a small company it fell to me to sort... I switched our email provider from 365 to G suite, incase it was a Microsoft problem and still found deliverability issues even through Gmail. I've read around a lot regarding what triggers spam 'flagging' and there seems to be a range of issues but primarily SPF and DKIM settings. There are also email formatting issues, subject lines, content, attachments etc all of which we reviewed. What's become clear is it's clearly a Pipedrive issue and it was costing us money as leads were not being contacted etc going straight to junk.

We've ultimately moved to Zoho CRM. Whilst in many other areas it is clunky with its own problems, we've found our email deliverability is now up to around 90%, we've been able to add SPF, DKIM for Zoho and we've reviewed our email templates using Zoho's settings. Zoho actually has its own email template formatting issues, but overall its a significant step up from Pipedrive and been worth persevering with.

We've tried using Pipedrive and Zoho in parallel (initially Zoho for Leads and Pipedrive for other client CRM and job tracking issues) but it has become cumbersome to run two systems, duplicating information, and we've found that we're now primarily using Zoho instead. 

I'm conscious that Pipedrive is trying to overhaul its email system generally, but as the 'critical aspect' of a CRM I.e. corresponding with leads / contacts we can't return until this is sorted. I'm watching this thread in case of a significant change that makes it worth revisiting, but they really need to up their game as priority because the current email offering is very poor, but for us the ship has now sailed.

Thank you for such a detailed reply Bradley. We had investigated Zoho but as you said, it seemed more cumbersome, pipedrive was just easier to use. Had i known about this email issue i would have likely made a differenct decision. As you did, I will give them a chance to try rectify the issue and if they are not able to i will switch.

Thanks again for your input.

• Marc Peterzens
    edited February 2022 #23
    Options

I‘m sticking to Pipedrive for now but I’ve decided not to use their email too much as 60% goes to spam, as was also confirmed by you. When I email from outlook or another marketing tool, nearly 100% goes through so this is definitely a PD issue but they haven’t so far come up with any real solutions.. other than saying ‘contact support ‘ but then support has no real solution either. Lets hope someone in their management picks this up and copies what other CRMs are doing on email deliverability .. 

• Bradley Jones
    edited February 2022 #24
    Options

Out of curiosity, if you're not using the Pipedrive email system, how are you addressing your email / workflow rules / lead creation etc? 

We looked at Mailchimp and tried to integrate other third party integrations, but it seemed to defeat the point of a CRM as emails were separated from the system we are trying to use and required another subscription etc?

• Wes Brooks
    Wes Brooks Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 2022 #25
    Options

Hi guys,

How do you that your emails are going to spam? I'd be keen to check the status of emails we've sent.

Thanks

• Rob Dash_6161
    First Comment
    edited March 2022 #26
    Options

Hi guys,

How do you that your emails are going to spam? I'd be keen to check the status of emails we've sent.

Thanks

I only found out when calling my prospects, and there emerged a pattern. many of them were not getting our emails. I went down the rabbit hole... If I emailed them direct from outlook, they received them. If I emailed from Pipedrive they went to junkmail. If I had a drip campaign from outfunnel they received them. But my proposals necessarily come from PD. I understand it affects Microsoft accounts only . Sadly I am leaving Pipedrive for this one reason. (I am running new deals in my new system).They cannot fix it. It's a game breaker and they don't seem to realise it.

• James at Quiz Coconut
    James at Quiz Coconut Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2022 #27
    Options

I'm having the same problem. It looks like it's more the automated replies to new contacts that aren't getting through, but it seems that once established an email chain with them it seems to work. Anyone else finding that?

• Lisa_46983
    Lisa_46983 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #28
    Options

Sadly a couple confirmed for me today - I am now freaking out as I am going back over the past month and seeing whom I need to re-contact just in case. Not handy for a SDR numbers

• Zdenek Topic
    Zdenek Topic Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #29
    Options

Having the same issue. Is there a solution?

• Angus Firth
    Angus Firth Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2022 #30
    Options

We’re now going straight to spam too. I’ve noticed for past 4 months none of our prospects are receiving emails from Pipedrive. I’ve read through this thread and it seems there is no fix? If so will have to move to Salesforce or simliar? Such a bummer as it’s crushing our revenue. Any tips??

• James at Quiz Coconut
    James at Quiz Coconut Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2022 #31
    Options

Spoke with Pipedrive on the live chat, doesn't seem they're doing anything about it and said they weren't on any unsafe lists.

Will have to look for another provider as it's quite crucial email reaches its targets!