Emails from Pipedrive are going into spam

Options
2»

Answers

• Josh Oswald
    Josh Oswald Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #32
    Options

I'm having the same problem! Pipedrive worked great when I first started using it 3 months ago. Now all my stuff goes to Spam. Such a waste of time and work put into this CRM just to have all my emails go to Spam now. Any recommendations on a similar CRM?

• James at Quiz Coconut
    James at Quiz Coconut Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2022 #33
    Options

Does anyone know if Outfunnel could be used as a solution to this to send email, but keep the CRM/contact management in Pipedrive?

• Martin_72139
    Martin_72139 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #34
    Options
    Kreete K said:

Hello! 

Sorry to hear you are facing this issue with emails. Please do reach out to our Support team via in-app chat or email support@pipedrive.com to investigate the exact case further and understand what can be done to prevent it.

After dozen of test, we saw that email sent untracked are ok don't goes to spam. Seems lik the code for tracking isnT' loved by Outlook, Mail and Gmail.

• Mackey Kandarajah
    Mackey Kandarajah Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited June 2022 #35
    Options
    Kreete K said:

Hello! 

Sorry to hear you are facing this issue with emails. Please do reach out to our Support team via in-app chat or email support@pipedrive.com to investigate the exact case further and understand what can be done to prevent it.

We use Google Workspace (Gsuite) 
    I have been having this problem for over 18 months. Martin I am of the same opinion that the the mail tracking may be one of the problems. In my case it is often when I am sending to a Microsoft account. Gmail seem very friendly and that may be because it recognises our domain. Yes I agrees this is a really a problem considering it is our life blood.

Over the last 12 month Pipedrive seem to be focused on growth and have seem to miss some really important things that are essential to the sales process and their customers. I hope they start listening again.

• Decocorp
    Decocorp Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #36
    Options

Hi, can I please confirm if this is still an ongoing issue with Pipedrive? 

• Tripwix
    Tripwix Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2022 #37
    Options

This is still a BIG ONGOING ISSUE with us. The majority of all replies land in our customers spam mail. PLEASE - help us find a solution to this, or we will also have to change services.

• Tripwix
    Tripwix Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2022 #38
    Options

I'm having the same problem. It looks like it's more the automated replies to new contacts that aren't getting through, but it seems that once established an email chain with them it seems to work. Anyone else finding that?

Interesting. Can you confirm if this worked for you, or not?

• Revolucion_PyME
    Revolucion_PyME Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Seguimos teniendo el mismo problema , alguien del foro ya ha encontrado solución, nosotros utilizamos Workspace de Google y los correos llegan directo a Spam

• Stacia Jones
    Stacia Jones Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Has there been any improvement with this issue?!

We are new to Pipedrive and about to start sending out emails and quite a few email blasts. Our dev team suggested setting up an SPF record and integrating that to PD (not fully knowledgeable on what this means). Has anyone done so and improved the emailing experience?

From the few tests we have done, gmail recipients went to spam with a nice red flag saying the email was not safe and an Outlook email recipient received with zero problem from our PD email pushes.

Anyone have any updates?!

• Richard Palmer_8541
    Options

Adding my voice to the chorus on this issue. We have going in circles with Pipedrive support for weeks now. We are trying to update SPF records so that we can activate DKIM but unable to get what we need from support. They don't seem to understand what we are requesting.

• Leonardo Zimmermann
    Leonardo Zimmermann Pipedrive Team Posts: 89 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Answer 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hello, all!

I would like to jump into this one to help on making things more clear when it comes to email deliverability, and for us to align on what is expected of our Email Sync as a feature that syncs external providers with Pipedrive.

When it comes to emails being marked as spam/junk is always a bit hard as it does not depend only on us but also on the recipients provider which is not something we can control. When you send a message the recipient provider will check the massage through a series of algorithms to try to detect spam, and if anything matches, it will be blocked and marked as spam. The spam filters will look for tracking, attachments, signatures, content, etc, basically everything inside of the email message. - On top of the normal spam filters, it is also possible to configure additional security tools that will have more specific rules/check and this will impact deliverability. Each email provider has their own spam rules and is not realistically possible to ensure deliverability to all of them.

For example, iCloud spam filter is one of the most aggressive and many times there are issues with delivering emails to them. When the user sends any emails from Pipedrive the message will be synced trough Pipemailer (our email sync service), which will attach a small HTML tag to the message. These tags are necessary in order for the ID’s to be correct and be able to sync the messages, and they can be identified and mark as spam by some providers.

Messages that are sent from the email provider have a higher spam score and therefore a higher chance of being delivered, which is why when you test sending from the provider vs Pipedrive, you might get higher deliverability - but even using the provider, you won’t get 100% deliverability as it’s described by some users in the thread. From reading the many messages in this thread, we can also see this does not happen with all emails, which is clear indication that the feature is working. If our content had issues and would cause emails to be blocked it would happen to all emails and all providers, and when happening with just some, its most-likely something on the recipient.

Let’s take a more practical example: imagine that in your company you have Microsoft as provider and multiple users sending emails. If the emails received by the different are reported by some as spam/junk, which is possible to do to individual messages in all providers, the recipient provider will flag the messages and will lower the reputation and can cause deliverability in other emails. More over, many user tend to us Pipedrive to automate emails to be send, such as marketing/campaigns like emails and this will load the servers and flag as well and will affect the reputation and along with it the deliverability.

In short, there are many factors that can and will affect the email sync and, unfortunately, they do not depend solely on us and will not be possible to address at 100% for the many reasons explained above. As a company, we do understand the impact the emails have in business and this is why we are in constant improvement and development of our tools. - Right now there are multiple missions going on with email, and while some are related to deliverability and tracking in order to improve them but again, is not realistic possible to ensure 100% deliverability even if sending every single email from the provider.

Each case will be a different case and would have to be addressed as such, which means that reaching out to our Support Team (while having the above-mentioned in mind) is crucial when deliverability issues are experienced.

I hope this sheds some light on this topic.

• MichaelMSSNGR
    MichaelMSSNGR Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Unbelievable that this issue is not being solved, I read through the entire threat and this has been going on for over 8 months!! We have the exact same issues and we use Pipedrive now more than ever for email campaigns, most of them remain unopened or sometimes I am at least getting an error message.

I will move our sales team to salesforce if nothing is changed. Please let us know when this can be solved! I am not wasting our time on talking to support on this issue!

• Angus Firth
    Angus Firth Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

what is the latest here? We are really struggling with this and Pipedrive don't seem to have an answer?

• Akhil_Supermeet.ai
    Options

Hello all,

Akhil from supermeet.ai here. I have used multiple tools to send out cold outreach emails that have really worked. These are some of my suggestions to get a better conversion from emails even if you have a high spam rate!

1. Pipedrive is not the sole reason for spam rates because you can't really send mass emails with automated follow-ups with Pipedrive!
    2. Check your basic mail server settings like SPF, DKIM & DMARC. You can try https://mxtoolbox.com/
    3. If you have a newer domain or trying to fix the above issues, start sending emails from your own email service provider like Gsuiie/outlook clients without any email open or link trackers.
    4. Ask some of your contacts to add your email as a contact in their email service, and let them send replies to your emails.
    5. The more replies you get, the more reputation you have.
    6. Don't send attachments to a cold lead in the first email. Let them reply first
    7. Once you have enough confidence and you really want to track emails, don't use email trackers that have shared tracker domain pools. Most of the free services do that way. Try to use a service that can use your custom subdomain to handle the tracking. Unfortunately, I didn't see this option in Pipedrive.
    8. Monitor open rate. less open rate means a high spam rate. You should look for around 60%. Subject lines contribute to this though!
    9. If you are tracking the open rate, then understanding which device/client they used to open will give much better insight. Most clients like Gmail can auto-download tracker images. You might have experienced an instant open notification just after pressing send button!

There are even more things that can be tried, but these will help you to get better rates.

If you want to learn more or have something to experiment on, feel free to connect me: akhil@supermeet.ai

Thanks.

• Andrew Noakes
    Andrew Noakes Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Pure Junk......very unimpressed with such a bad product from such a great company who's overall product offering is so faultless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Steve.Chan
    Steve.Chan Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

bringing this up again. it seems like for the other CRMs, to prevent this issue of emails going into spam folder when sent from the CRM, they have the option of adding their domains in the CRM, and in return there is a SPF and DKIM record to add into their domain DNS. is this available for pipedrive?

• Jake Kushner (JLK)
    Jake Kushner (JLK) Member Posts: 44
    First Answer 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes
    edited May 2023 #48
    Options

Let's add some important clarification to this thread. These are based on my understanding of pipedrive's mail options, but I would really hope @Leonardo Zimmermann or someone else from PD can give an official confirmation if this is correct.

➡️If you are sending 1-on-1 emails to contacts via Pipedrive:

You would be doing this by connecting your GSuite or O365 account. When sending outbound messages, Pipedrive uses your email provider to send the message, similar to if you used Apple Mail, MS Outlook desktop, or some other email client software. Because of this, you would not need to make changes to your SPF, DKIM records to accommodate pipedrive. Again, someone from PD please chime in if this is not true.

The only difference is that they are adding tracking links and pixels/images to the emails, if you've enabled those two options when composing the mail in pipedrive. You'll notice that links in your emails go to a long subdomain ending in ".pipedrive.email" which logs the click and then directs to the destination webpage. Those two things are enough for some mail servers to flag your email as spam. It could be that many people have sent tracked emails via pipedrive in the past that were harassing or unwanted, and many recipients out there in the world have marked them as spam, so perhaps Google or MS etc are now seeing those pipedrive tracking URLs or pixel images and flagging as spam.

Unfortunately the only way to solve this would be if pipedrive allowed companies to use a custom domain (via cname) for email tracking images and link redirect/relay which some CRMs do offer but pipedrive does not right now. :(

I would really love to know if pipedrive has investigated spam scoring of the ".pipedrive.email" links! If I had more time, I'd do some test campaigns with fake links ending in that domain and send to test Litmus or Mail-Checker accounts, but really this is something PD engineers should be doing.

➡️If you are sending bulk emails via Pipedrive Campaigns addon:

There is a whole process of connecting your domain and setting up the appropriate dns records (DKIM, DMARC, SPF) as documented here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/campaigns-email-domain-authentication

I don't think that's the type of emails folks in this thread are talking about so I won't expand on this topic, but no matter what bulk email/newsletter platform you send from, there are always spam deliverability issues that happen with rich html emails.

💡 By the way, for anyone looking for an alternate tool to send outbound emails that does allow custom tracking domains, we use woodpecker because we found it to be the easiest to use and set up. Zero affiliation with them just a fan. This FAQ article shows their custom tracking domain feature. https://docs.woodpecker.co/en/articles/5231610-how-to-set-up-custom-tracking-domains

• HeidiHoo
    HeidiHoo Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

How did it go? To my knowledge, SF email is even worse (account engagement or Pardot) and you can't have it without having Marketing Cloud... 😊

• Ozmade
    Ozmade Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I was using Mailchimp and they had a series of support/tasks you could do with your domain to ensure emails don't go to spam. Is there such a support here with Pipedrive? I'm on campaign trial, so super interested to hear thoughts?