Can you migrate / import a set of activities to a single DEAL all at once (as in reminders to follow

Karen Vieira
Karen Vieira Member Posts: 10
First Comment First Anniversary
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

We often do a certain # of follow ups when someone inquires about our services.

Would these migrate / import for whatever dates we have set for the future?

If importing via spreadsheet, would I need the Deal ID, and then Activity 1, Activity 2, Activity 3, etc. columns?

Thank you.

Comments

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 173
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited December 2021 #2

Hi Karen,

Yes, you can! You will have to add the activity information in different columns (name, type, date, etc) as well as a column for the deal ID you want to create the activities in.

If you have trouble doing this, please don't hesitate to reach out to our lovely support for help.

Have a lovely week!

• Gabriel Ramos
    Gabriel Ramos Member Posts: 28
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #3

Hey Karen,

We import one activity to the deal that has a specific type ( first activity e.g.).

Then we use pipedrive automatio to generate 4 or five tasks when that activity is marked as done in a specific Stage of the pipeline.

Hit me up if you have any doubts

• Karen Vieira
    Karen Vieira Member Posts: 10
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2021 #4

Hey Karen,

We import one activity to the deal that has a specific type ( first activity e.g.).

Then we use pipedrive automatio to generate 4 or five tasks when that activity is marked as done in a specific Stage of the pipeline.

Hit me up if you have any doubts

Hi @Gabriel Ramos thank you so much for your reply and further clarification.

So is the setup you're saying different than what Andreia indicated below. 

Because she seemed to say that yes, if I have say 7 activities scheduled for one deal - say 7 emails (so all for the same type) and I have 7 columns in my sheet for same deal indicating activity type, etc., they will be imported and I will also be able to see them scheduled for all those future dates.

What you are suggesting works different - and may work for us in the future - but doesn't seem to address migrating future activities for a deal that have already been scheduled.

Also even if what you're saying could work for our purposes of importing activities/tasks that have already been associated with a deal for follow up - how would it work where deals at a a different spot in their follow up - because the 7 follow ups are not all at say, 1 week apart. They are more often in the first few follow ups, and longer wait in between toward the end. 

Let me know if there is a workaround we're not thinking of for importing activities scheduled such as this.