Can't change "unsubscribed" marketing status

Adacor Marketing
Adacor Marketing Member Posts: 3

There are many cases that we should be able to change to marketing status from unsubscribed to subscribed again: 

• user just unsubscribed from a specific newsletter and not ALL of them
  • missclicked the status while editing contact details
  • customer decides that he wants to receive newsletters again

Hopefully we will be able to a) change the unsubscribe marketing status or b) have multiple unsubscribe statuses that differ from each newsletter list. 

61cdb1295ac04a966cc620ab_58190.png
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Chris Wray
    Chris Wray Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2022 #2

I think this is a bug.

If you click the checkbox next to the person, and then use the bulk edit field, you can change this. 

Hope this helps. - Chris

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 153
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes

Hi everyone, we all need to start moaning at PD in unison here to get them to take some action.

See my post here:

Please start complaining or they just ignore us.

• Neil Calvert
    Neil Calvert Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

I agree that this is needed. As suggested, there are scenarios where you will want to manually move someone from unsubscribed to subscribed.

At the moment, PD does not allow this. You can try - and it shows that it is working - but the status is not updated.

I am new to the Campaign module - migrating from using Campaign Monitor and now have a list of 11000 contacts who are all unsubscribed and can't do anything with them...

Bit disappointed to see that this thread was raised in December and as of today (August) this has not been addressed...

• nikgrubenmann
    nikgrubenmann Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited October 2023 #5

I have the same problem. As I am still in tryout mode, this crucial for my buying decision.

Even if I revert my upload and do it all over again with my testdata, unsubscibe flag is stored with a certain E-Mail address, although I changed the status in my uploading spreadsheet.

I can see, that this behaviour might be a very rigid protection for massmailing.

• magnushammar
    magnushammar Member Posts: 6
    First Comment

from the API documentation "Please be aware that it is only allowed once to change the marketing status from an old status to a new one."

But why! I agree that the case for activating subscription again is an edge case but it should still be up to me to decide right? It's my customers its my data. I am about to run a batch update of unsubscribes from another system using the API and I will need to take a shot before to ease my nerves. The nightmare would be to irrevocably remove all possibility to send marketing emails ;)

With that of my chest. Wish me luck.

• Neil Calvert

We have had that very nightmare and are now using HubSpot for campaigns as they have a much better approach to managing marketing status

Good luck!

• magnushammar
    First Comment

Additionally. The user interface is not making sense to me.

I changed my test user to "unsubscribed". Why can I still press the button to send a request for double opt-in if the user is permanently locked as "unsubscribed"? From what I can tell the request never get sent but now the users status is "pending double opt-in". This makes no sense.

With this said, the sensible thing is of course to let me send the request and that if the customer consents to getting marketing email, the status get updated to subscribed. The current limitation is truthfully nuts.

• Neil Calvert

You can’t bulk send DOI requests either! You have to do them individually and the limit is 100 per day. The email that is sent cannot be customised and our subscribers we tried it with, thought it was spam and didn’t click the link!

I agree - it is truely awful!

• magnushammar
    First Comment

That makes sense... that they think it's spam, not the limit. I can not recall a single business in Sweden that send this kind of opt-in emails. Getting added to a mailing list when for example ordering something is always part of accepting the terms and conditions.

Perhaps things get stricter in the future but at the moment Pipedrive is leading the charge, way ahead of EU rules and actual practice.