Contacts eMail filed contains multiple values (work, home, others) that can't be filtered, used on w

Diego Semprún
Diego Semprún Member Posts: 5

When one contact has more than one mail we face multiple issues:

• The options Work, Home and Other are not enaugh.
    • For example, it does not allow to check one email address as "old" for one contact, and if we delete the email address because it's not longer valid, we lose the mail thread with that contact. 
      People change jobs, and we want to remember what we have sent them when they where working on a previous job.
    • We are forced to use "Other" for this, but then we end having multiple emails addreses for one Contact.
  • We can't use one of the multiple eMail addreses for ona contact on filters, exports or workflows.
    • This prevent us to build actions on the change of one of those values, to export the right emails or to integrate with mailing automation, because when we use the Person - eMail field, we get all the results as a comma separated list.

We need

a) More options for email address descriptors and 

b) the capacity to use the email filter at the email address descriptor level.

Thanks!

2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Jonathan Gennick
    Jonathan Gennick Member Posts: 52
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2022 #2

Diego, I will add to your list the desire to be able to either: 1) Checkmark which email address is primary, or 2) to be able to reorder the list of email addresses. This is because the address that gets used when sending email from a deal record is the top most email address for the deal's contact. It is often the case that I make initial contact through a home address only to learn the work address later. Then I am forced to reenter both addresses in order to make Work first in the list.

BTW, thank you(!) for pointing out that mail history is deleted when old addresses are deleted. I had no idea such was the case. 

• Micah Tapman
    Micah Tapman Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #3

Diego, I will add to your list the desire to be able to either: 1) Checkmark which email address is primary, or 2) to be able to reorder the list of email addresses. This is because the address that gets used when sending email from a deal record is the top most email address for the deal's contact. It is often the case that I make initial contact through a home address only to learn the work address later. Then I am forced to reenter both addresses in order to make Work first in the list.

BTW, thank you(!) for pointing out that mail history is deleted when old addresses are deleted. I had no idea such was the case. 

Any updates on this functionality? Designating a primary email would be very helpful in preparing campaigns as well as generating task lists. Right now it appears to only be possible with the creation of custom data field and manual data entry into that field.