Import contacts from excel

Martin Pecha_2338
Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi all,

I have trouble understanding the report after succesful merging, you can find next to reverse function under detail - there are three sections added, updated, merged

I have imported some contacts which has - name, organisation, organisation address, email, custom field  -  all of these fields were in the pipedrive before - I am only adding new custom field value to these contacts (they never had there any value before) - but for some reason after importing, they are not under updated, but merged - is there any methodology behind? Or am I doing something wrong? It does note seem I would duplicated them.

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,075 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Martin Pecha !

We have built some duplicate detection rules into Pipedrive that work in the background when you're importing data. The goal is precisely to avoid creating duplicates of entries that refer to the same item (People, for example), and instead merge the already existing data with the new data you're importing (for example, adding a birth date to a Person, instead of creating that Person again in Pipedrive and now you have them twice - once with a birth date and once without it).

If you're curious to know more about what these rules are and how they work (how does Pipedrive decide that 2 people are actually the same person and decides to merge them?), see this article.

Hope that helped! 

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
    edited April 2020 #3

Hi @Martin Pecha !

We have built some duplicate detection rules into Pipedrive that work in the background when you're importing data. The goal is precisely to avoid creating duplicates of entries that refer to the same item (People, for example), and instead merge the already existing data with the new data you're importing (for example, adding a birth date to a Person, instead of creating that Person again in Pipedrive and now you have them twice - once with a birth date and once without it).

If you're curious to know more about what these rules are and how they work (how does Pipedrive decide that 2 people are actually the same person and decides to merge them?), see this article.

Hope that helped! 

yes, thanks for the article :)

• Anastasiia Dyshkant
    Anastasiia Dyshkant Member Posts: 20
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #4

I would recommend Trujay. Trujay’s tech team ensures a smooth and secure data import, including contacts migration from Excel to meet your business needs. Try a Free Sample Migration to see your data in action or contact Trujay's experts.  Visit this page to see how it works. 

If you don’t want to use the self-service tool on your own, Trujay offers Guided Migration Services with technical support. 

With Trujay, you get to partner with the highest security protocols? reliable processes and work with a great team with over 20 years of experience managing...