Removing time (Hours/Minutes) value from Created Date

Scott Stefanc
Scott Stefanc Member Posts: 10

I would like to have the values presented in the Deal Created section to only show Day-Month-Year and not have the minutes & hours shown. That is of zero value to me when running a report and, when exporting to Excel, it makes it more difficult to sort by that value. The Last Activity and Last Stage Change represent the way I desire. Any ideas? I have scoured the support documentation and not seen anything. 

624d893b5b01d17d9e7495d2_35081.png
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2022 #2

When running a report in Excel, you can format it as DD/MM/YYYY as a separate column.

• Scott Stefanc
    edited April 2022 #3

When running a report in Excel, you can format it as DD/MM/YYYY as a separate column.

Well, there are a few problems. First, I would ideally like the hours/minutes not to display in Pipedrive. Secondly, when in Excel, the values do not change whether I modify the existing column or add a column and copy paste. The only thing that works is if I manually overwrite the values, removing the time portion. Nothing seems locked but there obviously is a bug somewhere (human or otherwise). You can see here where I have overwritten the value that came from Pipedrive with just the date. It is formatted to the cell. But no other cells have updated...

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2022 #4

You will find this useful: https://corporatefinanceinstitute.com/resources/excel/functions/excel-text-function/

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help.

Best,

Amit Sarda (https://community.pipedrive.com/user/amitsarda)

• Scott Stefanc
    edited April 2022 #5

Thank you. I will definitely try this out.