Attach uploaded Files to Email in Pipedrive

2»

Comments

• Brad_80905
    Brad_80905 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #32

I am evaluating Pipedrive for our small company.  Just ran into this issue while trying to send an email with an attachment from a contact record.  Searched on Google to find this discussion.  

Pipedrive, do you have an ETA when this important feature will be added?  Looks like it has been over a year since it was discovered. 

• Ali_76926
    Ali_76926 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #33

Hi, 

I cant attach the uploaded files to an email. This is crazy as within teams they may not have access to the files apart from what's on Pipedrive. Very inefficient to download then attach to an email. 

Please can this be sorted. 

• Lewis Butler
    Lewis Butler Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2022 #34

If you'd like to consider an alternative which offers this feature (and has a good mobile app), I'd recommend checking out Zendesk Sell. I used it as a former company and is an option we are still considering. 

It is also wild to me there isn't an easy to paste in the pipedrive generated links for documents you create as well. 

• Tom @ Formcraft
    Tom @ Formcraft Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #35

Just adding to this list of grumbles. Indeed; once a file is uploaded it should be easy to attach it to an email. I also would like the option to easily save attachment in emails to a deal, so they show up in the file list.

This is indeed such a basic and daily requirement, is surprising that a lot of fringe features get worked on but such a basic concept gets overlooked.

• I just hit this wall. So stupid. So right now have to upload the file to the email and then upload it into the deal?

• Chika
    Chika Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Any update on this feature? Being able to attach files to an email directly from Pipedrive is very important to us. We spend a lot of time downloading files that are already attached to a Deal and then uploading them again to attach to email. 

Months have gone by and no solution offered. Please make this a PRIORITY as it looks like many folks are finding this cumbersome!

• So far any updates...

I'm on my trail and I will not proceed because you're missing this feature..

Should be a basic feature.

• Martin Miersch
    Martin Miersch Member Posts: 14
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper

Even after three long years, Pipedrive's Core project still misses an important feature. Our clients are confused why they have to re-upload files just to email them. Do we know when this feature will be available?

• B Mifsud
    B Mifsud Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Why has this topic hit a wall? Has it been fixed? I've been evaluating the product and hit this issue after only 2 hours of using it. The only way is to download and then upload again. The other issue is that although I have Google Drive integrated, I can only add files from my computer, I cannot add files to an email from Google Drive. I can add a Google Drive file to the "files" section, then I need to download and upload it. I agree with others, this needs to be addressed.

• Nick_60486
    Nick_60486 Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary First Comment

Has there been any progress on this? This is such a simple feature that should have been fixed years ago.

• eddie@united
    eddie@united Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment

Team, this really is an important feature. Other products that are in many ways inferior to Pipedrive do this. Pipedrive supports file upload, and it supports email attachments. It just needs to combine the two.

As someone who has over 3 decades in software engineering, the fact that this has gone requested and unimplemented for over 2 years is pretty amazing to me.

Customers want products that deliver functionality - AND that save them time. Without this feature, you have to know that all of your customers are constantly looking for something better. Even if we aren't moving yet, bringing this feature would make us much happier as Pipedrive customers.

Please bring this feature soon. It is badly needed.

• I mean really, this is so crazy!!! Please do someting

• Hefe
    Hefe Member Posts: 7
    First Comment

Hello,

is anything being done on this?

I just tried around with the products feature where you can upload files.

But then I saw that the files uploaded can't be sent to clients who have that specific product in their deal.

That is a total bummer - I agree with all the others: shouldn't this be an obvious feature to be able to send files via e-mail that are stored in the CRM??

Thanks a lot!

• integritybanton
    integritybanton Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

LOL that you can't do this. It's one of those featured you don't even think about researching when choosing a CRM, because you can't imagine a CRM not being able to handle it.