Default activity length for sync to google calendar so time is made unavailable to scheduling app (e

Luis - Eliminate Hidden Fees
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

It would be very helpful to set a default activity time length so when it syncs to my google calendar, it gives the calendar event a default length of time, say 30 minutes (rather than zero length of time now), so that it can be picked up as time that is unavailable by a scheduling app (Calendly) - at zero length it's not blocked off in the scheduling app and I get conflicts.

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited April 2022 #2

Hi @Luis Beeli 

I'll pass on your suggestion to the team. But please so we can better understand the use-case. Could you clarify a little more what type of activities you are now creating in Pipedrive and why you are not setting any length of the activity while you create those? 

• Luis - Eliminate Hidden Fees
    edited February 2022 #3

sure.  I create an activity (say a meeting), and I set the time for the meeting to start, say 10am.  for meetings, I sync my google calendar with pipedrive so that I can hold that time in my calendar and block off the time.  I also use calendly to schedule meetings from non-pipedrive sources.  the problem I have is that the meeting created in pipedrive doesn't have a default end time/length, so unless I remember to give it an end time/length it hits my google calendar with length of zero time, and calendly recognizes that time as still available.  if I could set the default activity length by activity type (say meeting is 1 hour...) then that time would be blocked off in the calendar and recognized by Calendly and I wouldn't have the scheduling conflicts.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #4

sure.  I create an activity (say a meeting), and I set the time for the meeting to start, say 10am.  for meetings, I sync my google calendar with pipedrive so that I can hold that time in my calendar and block off the time.  I also use calendly to schedule meetings from non-pipedrive sources.  the problem I have is that the meeting created in pipedrive doesn't have a default end time/length, so unless I remember to give it an end time/length it hits my google calendar with length of zero time, and calendly recognizes that time as still available.  if I could set the default activity length by activity type (say meeting is 1 hour...) then that time would be blocked off in the calendar and recognized by Calendly and I wouldn't have the scheduling conflicts.

Gotcha, thank you very much for clarifying @Luis Beeli I'm passing it along to the team!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #5

@Luis Beeli just so you know, on our mobile app we do set default time of an hour. 

• Luis - Eliminate Hidden Fees
    edited February 2022 #6

thanks @Mike van der Valk .  the different behavior on mobile vs. desktop can make it even more challenging (FYI I think it would be better for the mobile app to default to 30 min)... I think it would be great to see a default set by activity type (ex phone call 15 minutes, face to face meeting 1 hour) and free/busy - it's convenient to receive reminders from google calendar on items that are not time sensitive yet important to get done in the business day (a "soft" scheduled calendar item), so to be able to control whether you are "free/busy" allows you to keep availability open for "hard" meeting times.  thanks for being open to hearing the feedback :)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #7

thanks @Mike van der Valk .  the different behavior on mobile vs. desktop can make it even more challenging (FYI I think it would be better for the mobile app to default to 30 min)... I think it would be great to see a default set by activity type (ex phone call 15 minutes, face to face meeting 1 hour) and free/busy - it's convenient to receive reminders from google calendar on items that are not time sensitive yet important to get done in the business day (a "soft" scheduled calendar item), so to be able to control whether you are "free/busy" allows you to keep availability open for "hard" meeting times.  thanks for being open to hearing the feedback :)

Thanks for even more insights @Luis Beeli I'll be sure they reach the people working on this!