Will Pipedrive automation be triggered by a spreadsheet import?

Jenny Baluca - 3
Jenny Baluca - 3 Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

I have about 500 leads and would like to apply the automation feature of Pipedrive to create deals then move it into a new stage but would need to import it to the Pipeline through a spreadsheet. Will that trigger the automation or only manually added deals can trigger it?

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited July 2022 #2

No, it won't.

You can simulate an update event after importing and that can trigger the automation.

If you have any other questions or need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Book a Call | Pipedrive Consulting | WhatsApp | Email

• Goallaborate
    Goallaborate Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I am facing the exact same challenge as Jenny. Pipedrive does offer the trigger "Lead creation" which I assumed to be also triggered when importing leads via a spreadsheet. Unfortunately, this is not the case. It would be very helpful if you could add this feature to Pipedrive. As a data scientist, I know it won't take much time to implement this and it would reduce a lot of work for us as users.

Are there any plans of adding this feature to Pipedrive?

• You have to do the import and then change the contacts in some way. It's extra and tedious. So you have to have a filter that will catch them somehow. Probably with a custom field value that you have to add to the spread sheet prior to import.

Then you bulk edit those contacts by changing a field to something arbitrary. The update should trigger the automation if they meet the conditions.

It's ridiculous and can get tangled if you don't keep good notes on which filters and fields/field values apply to which imports and workflow automations.

• Avilla Support
    Avilla Support Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

We, at Avilla Innovations, can implement this exact automation with tailored Pipedrive automation.

Scheduled a free consultation, and we'll answer all your questions: https://calendly.com/ail-sales/project-consultation

Avilla Innovations, a proud Pipedrive partner.

https://avillainnovations.com/