What are creative ways you tag your contacts within Pipedrive? What is your primary use of the Tag f

Bethany Ann George
Bethany Ann George Member Posts: 26
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1
What are creative ways you tag your contacts within Pipedrive? What is your primary use of the Tag feature?

Answers

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2022 #2

Hi @Bethany Ann George , happy to see you engaged with the Community!

Just to clarify, I'd like to know: are you referring to the Labels feature? 

https://community.pipedrive.com/user/bethany_ann_george
  • Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,518
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2022 #3

I have created a multiple choice field for tags.

The options for this multiple choice field includes all possible tags, which are refined over time.

The sales team has to just update the tags in this field.

• Steve Wilson
    Steve Wilson Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2022 #4

I‘m in commercial real estate and have used tags to identify the contact by asset type (eg Industrial, Retail, Office, etc).

• Jay Wealcatch
    Jay Wealcatch Member Posts: 55
    5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2022 #5

Not very creative: Recently we have moved to using it for deal size (Small, Medium, Large, and Mega).

• Bernhard Gruber
    Bernhard Gruber Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2022 #6

Hi, we are trying to represent our marketing cycle when labeling our customers.

5ece6541dd3a9f1b783f0f0d_80720.png
  • Diego_3935
    Diego_3935 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020 #7
    I tag by deal, not by contact, to know the source of how the deal was acquired; if I manually recruited them, if they found me online, if it's a family/friend, or if its a repeat/referred client
  • Diego_3935
    Diego_3935 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2022 #8

I tag by deal, not by contact, to know the source of how the deal was acquired; if I manually recruited them, if they found me online, if it's a family/friend, or if its a repeat/referred client

• Scott Ochander
    Scott Ochander Member Posts: 10
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2020 #9
    We also tag by deal. Since we are not currently able to run insight reports by product, we have created tags that correspond to various products, to a deal that is "hot", or a deal that is likely to be lost. These custom tags can be used in the insights/reports to build dashboards that show visual reports of data.
  • Nancy Vamvakas
    Nancy Vamvakas Member Posts: 30
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #10

I saw labels/tags appear some time ago.  I still haven't got my head around how I want to use them.  I like the ability to create 'standout' colours. ... access them via zapier and PD automations. .. but we would want them for multiple object types and at present they only exist in a single context which must be shared across multiple object types.  contacts/deals etc.   .. so created a few tags (labels) in the early days) ... but just couldn't see a good use for them given this constraint. 

To be honest, I would rather have the ability to assign colours to multi-value custom field entries.