Options

Comments

• Kyle Eckhart
    Kyle Eckhart Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022 #32
    Options

Hi, are there any updates on this post?

there is still no good option for hiding private outlook appointments from PD and keeping your calendar blocks accurate in both calendars. i am just careful about what i put into subject lines of my calendar. this seems like it should be an easy fix for PD developers, but it hasn't been done yet that i can tell

• Jürgen Kuttenberger
    Jürgen Kuttenberger Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #33
    Options

I agree this is a very big problem. 

In addition to this, it also screws up the reporting on activities. 

For example, if I want to create a report on how many activities my team has completed this week, it will be pulling in all of their private activities as well (doctor appt at noon, etc) and throwing off the report, rendering the activities report essentially unusable.

There should be something in calendar sync settings that differentiates between calendar events that originate on corporate calendars vs those that are created in Pipedrive directly, and allows us to turn off the sync of those private events that originated on the calendar.

E.g.

For calendar events synced to Pipedrive from calendar...
    Sync "Private" events? [Y/N]

Hi together! 

We see this also as a big problem!

@Mike van der Valk:  now, as I can see above, there are plenty of custumers who see this as a big issue. I cannot understand, why this is not solved already!

Kind regards, Jürgen

• Hubert Rappold
    Hubert Rappold Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #34
    Options

Hi,

I just started with pipedrive and this is a major pain. It forces needless workarounds on our end and it would be greatly appreciated if there would be a small enhancement that allows to exclude private meetings.

Kind regards

Hubert

• Hubert Rappold
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #35
    Options

Hi, are there any updates on this post?

Totally agree. This would save needless workarounds on the user side. Small change, huge improvement!

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited December 2022 #36
    Options

For example, if I want to create a report on how many activities my team has completed this week, it will be pulling in all of their private activities as well (doctor appt at noon, etc) and throwing off the report, rendering the activities report essentially unusable.

There should be something in calendar sync settings that differentiates between calendar events that originate on corporate calendars vs those that are created in Pipedrive directly, and allows us to turn off the sync of those private events that originated on the calendar.

E.g.

Hi @Jürgen Kuttenberger 

I wish I could give a better explanation why it isn't done yet, but in short it is because we have many of these type of requests of what we can improve. These we all have to prioritise against one another which is probably the most difficult part of the job.

I will do my best to reach out to the team here internally and hopefully push this request up in the priority list 🙏🏻.

• Jürgen Kuttenberger
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #37
    Options

E.g.

Hi @Mike van der Valk 

thanks for your quick response. To my mind it is also a topic of GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation) and should be the highest priority ever! The private events are not only fully visible to my colleagues  (bad enough) but also stored in pipedrive.

I therefore need to know, when a solution is provided from your side to present this to my data protection officer.

Thanks in advance!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2022 #38
    Options

E.g.

Hi @Jürgen Kuttenberger sorry for the slow reply I've passed it on to our team working on the calendar sync and also our own privacy and security team so they can review this together 

• Jürgen Kuttenberger
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #39
    Options

E.g.

Hi @Mike van der Valk thanks for the reply and the processing in your internal departments. pls keep us informed. thx Jürgen

• Michael Maker
    Michael Maker Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #40
    Options

Still no fix for this? Seems like something Pipedrive should be able to flag.

• Hubert Rappold
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #41
    Options

This severely impedes the internal cooperation of our sales team with collisions between the private meetings hidden away in a different calendar. Hope there is a fix soon.

• Nina Foglietti
    Nina Foglietti Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #42
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk !

We have the same problem as stated by everyone above: In our team everyone needs to be able to keep not only appointments but also certain activities private. We thought about integrating Todoist but as we wanted to avoid switching between several tools, this is not an ideal option for us. 

Any update yet on the requests? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2022 #43
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk !

We have the same problem as stated by everyone above: In our team everyone needs to be able to keep not only appointments but also certain activities private. We thought about integrating Todoist but as we wanted to avoid switching between several tools, this is not an ideal option for us. 

Any update yet on the requests? 

Hi @Nina Foglietti 

No exact ETA unfortunately but were working on a task/project management solution which is in research phase right now: https://community.pipedrive.com/group/project-management-delivery-management

This can probably help you down the line. 

• Tim Schmidt
    Tim Schmidt Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #44
    Options

I really need this!
    Hopefully it will be implemented soon.

• Tim Schmidt
    Tim Schmidt Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #45
    Options

I really need this!
    Hopefully it will be implemented soon.

• Nikola Valtošová
    Nikola Valtošová Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2022 #46
    Options

Hey, Jakub! 

Vladimir from Pipedrive support management team is here to hopefully explain how you can impose a limitation for your regular users not to be able to see activities of other users.

You are right - there is no "private" activity option for an activity in Pipedrive and normally, activities of other users are shared within the pipedrive company account, but I will report it as a feedback to the product manager, thank you for the suggestion!

However,  if access Settings > Manage users  and under "regular user" tab switch off "See other users"

Your regular users will simply be unable to choose you from list of users from Activity section filters.

But that will mean that Regular users will not be able to choose other users from filter areas of Deals and People and organisations either (f.e. to see deals that belong to other users).  And Pipedrive account admin will still be able to see all the activities of all users.

Thank you again for the feedback,

Kind regards,

Vladimir

Hi @Inês Batata please, do you have any progress in this issue? Our team is new to Pipedrive and we found out this and it's very unpleasant for every member. We are testing Pipedrive as we were looking for a better tool for our cooperation and this seems like a big disadvanate because even actithe vities of our CEO who joined Pipedrive are now visible to all team members. 

• Nikola Valtošová
    edited December 2022 #47
    Options

Hey, Jakub! 

Vladimir from Pipedrive support management team is here to hopefully explain how you can impose a limitation for your regular users not to be able to see activities of other users.

You are right - there is no "private" activity option for an activity in Pipedrive and normally, activities of other users are shared within the pipedrive company account, but I will report it as a feedback to the product manager, thank you for the suggestion!

However,  if access Settings > Manage users  and under "regular user" tab switch off "See other users"

Your regular users will simply be unable to choose you from list of users from Activity section filters.

But that will mean that Regular users will not be able to choose other users from filter areas of Deals and People and organisations either (f.e. to see deals that belong to other users).  And Pipedrive account admin will still be able to see all the activities of all users.

Kind regards,

Vladimir

Hi @Inês Batata please, do you have any progress in this issue? Our team is new to Pipedrive and we found out this and it's very unpleasant for every member. We are testing Pipedrive as we were looking for a better tool for our cooperation and this seems like a big disadvanate because even actithe vities of our CEO who joined Pipedrive are now visible to all team members. 

• Nikola Valtošová
    edited December 2022 #48
    Options

Hey, Jakub! 

Kind regards,

Vladimir

Hi @Inês Batata please, do you have any progress in this issue? Our team is new to Pipedrive and we found out this and it's very unpleasant for every member. We are testing Pipedrive as we were looking for a better tool for our cooperation and this seems like a big disadvantage because even activities of our CEO who joined Pipedrive are now visible to all team members. 

• Nikola Valtošová
    edited December 2022 #49
    Options

Hey, Jakub! 

Kind regards,

Vladimir

Hi @Inês Batata please, do you have any progress in this issue? Our team is new to Pipedrive and we found out this and it's very unpleasant for every member. We are testing Pipedrive as we were looking for a better tool for our cooperation and this seems like a big disadvantage because even activities of our CEO who joined Pipedrive are now visible to all team members. 

• Victor Chicha_27361
    Victor Chicha_27361 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #50
    Options

Facing the same issue. Support told me that it is not fixed yet...

• David McKay
    David McKay Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #51
    Options

This is a definite upvote for me, as I will have to use one way sync until pipedrive recognizes private calendar items.

• Laurent CHARLES
    Laurent CHARLES Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2022 #52
    Options

Hi All,

I noticed that all my calendar events are disclosed to all users when connected to Pipedrive. Actually all users' calendars are visible to all users when synced to Pipedrive.

This  disclose information under access restriction.

And from what I notice with colleagues, most users do not even noticed that all their agenda is disclosed to all. Normal, to notice, you need to be someone else (or to see as someone else)

Please do something.

In addition to the hidden danger, it leads most people to disconnect their calendar to Pipedrive, hence to lose the useful feature to have sales activities connected with everyone's everyday life.

Thank you

-- Laurent

• Thomas Møller Jensen
    Thomas Møller Jensen Member Posts: 24
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #53
    Options

Same problem here. Posted this, requesting only to sync calendar items with a specific category (Outlook/Office365). Gmail do not use catagories, but Labels, wich is almost the same, so i think this is the best way to solve our problem. So please upvote and 2nd with a comment :-)

Regards/Mvh

Thomas 

• Laurent CHARLES
    edited December 2022 #54
    Options

Same problem here. Posted this, requesting only to sync calendar items with a specific category (Outlook/Office365). Gmail do not use catagories, but Labels, wich is almost the same, so i think this is the best way to solve our problem. So please upvote and 2nd with a comment :-)

Regards/Mvh

Thomas 

Thanks Thomas for your reply and support.

I'd love to read Pipedrive point of view regarding this. It seems strange to me that they let it that way.

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2022 #55
    Options

Hi Laurent! 

Indeed, at the moment Pipedrive Calendar sync does sync in all activities from the selected Calendar. In this case we suggest to separate Calendars on the provider side and only sync in one, that is ok to be shared in Pipedrive (for example separate Private and Work or similar). 
    Activity visibility in Pipedrive is related to the linked item (Contact Person / Organization / Deal). If it is linked to one of these items that is restricted for you, then you are not able to see it. But indeed, this can only work hiding from Regular Users. 
    Our team is also investigating ways to improve the Calendar sync and especially the privacy part of it in the future. I do not have any ETA on that, but indeed we are seeing different options on that. 

• Laurent CHARLES
    edited December 2022 #56
    Options
    Kreete K said:

Hi Laurent! 

Indeed, at the moment Pipedrive Calendar sync does sync in all activities from the selected Calendar. In this case we suggest to separate Calendars on the provider side and only sync in one, that is ok to be shared in Pipedrive (for example separate Private and Work or similar). 
    Activity visibility in Pipedrive is related to the linked item (Contact Person / Organization / Deal). If it is linked to one of these items that is restricted for you, then you are not able to see it. But indeed, this can only work hiding from Regular Users. 
    Our team is also investigating ways to improve the Calendar sync and especially the privacy part of it in the future. I do not have any ETA on that, but indeed we are seeing different options on that. 

Wow... your are telling me somehow "to have a useful calendar, do you not use your calendar..." ? 🤔

And if I may suggest, in my opinion, I would prefer to have a 100% private/hidden/closed calendar in pipedrive and have a workaround to open/share it rather than the current default.

• Jenn Anderson-Logas
    Jenn Anderson-Logas Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited December 2022 #57
    Options

I've requested similar - for items marked as Private, to be excluded from the Calendar Sync. I have to keep these items on my calendar to prevent a client from scheduling time with me during that time. The idea that I could keep these "Private Appointments" on another calendar isn't effective. Also, not helpful to name all Private Appts as Private or have a bunch of duplicates where I see all of my calendars in one place such as my iPhone.

• Thomas Møller Jensen
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #58
    Options

Regards/Mvh

Thomas 

Agree. I have posted similar issues with email and contact sync, and even suggest how they could solve it. Pleae support

https://community.pipedrive.com/post/sync-outlook-office-com-email-calendar-contacts-based-on-category-60c31cd15b60dd4a100e2fd7 

• Trent Petersen
    Trent Petersen Member Posts: 4
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #59
    Options
    Private and Visible 2-way Calendar Sync that keeps personal meetings etc private from other users. We recently upgraded to Professional and now utilise the email function, which gives the option to keep emails private and share - this function would be excellent in the calendar too so we can use Pipedrive instead of Outlook.
  • Thomas Møller Jensen
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #60
    Options

Calendar sync with Pipedrive is bad, due to the issue with revealing meetings marked private. But it gets worse.  If you enable 2-way calendar sync all other Pipedrive users will be able to delete/edit/create meetings freely in your calendar! Pipedrives answer is to create a separate calendar, and sync with that, but who wants a second calendar.
    Many other posts about this, and Pipedrive calendar sync should of course stop sync of items marked private as a minimum. And it should of course not be possible for pipedrive users to edit/delete calendar entries in other users' calendar. (Create could be an option, but it should really be handled with invites)
    Also, to make things simple i have suggested Pipedrive to only sync email/calendar/contacts that you choose, like described here https://community.pipedrive.com/post/sync-outlook-office-com-email-calendar-contacts-based-on-category-60c31cd15b60dd4a100e2fd7 
    Please upvote :-)

https://community.pipedrive.com/post/sync-outlook-office-com-email-calendar-contacts-based-on-category-60c31cd15b60dd4a100e2fd7
  • Morten Hjort
    Morten Hjort Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited March 2022 #61
    Options

Sooooo obvious a feature! And a great solution to a problem that makes the two-way sync not useful for anyone in our organisation.