Feature Request: Ability to exclude Calendar items marked as Private

Options

Comments

• Morten Hjort
    Morten Hjort Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited November 2021 #62
    Options

Thanks for sharing @Jenn Anderson-Logas passing this on to our team here ;) 

Sooooo obvious a feature! And a great solution to a problem that makes the two-way sync not useful for anyone in our organisation. 

• Morten Hjort
    Morten Hjort Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited November 2021 #63
    Options

Its a wonder that such a "simple" thing haven't been looked upon and fixed in one way or another yet. Using Pipedrive as the main tool makes a lot of sense, but until the very basics of controlling the calendars are done, this is not possible at least for our team. It keeps a wide open gap to competitors who manage to solve this.

• Laura Maier
    Laura Maier Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2022 #64
    Options

I was just shocked to find out that private outlook items are not private when we sync with pipedrive calendar.  How can anyone use the calendar functionality without this - and why is there not a warning that also private outlook items will be fully synced and accessible? I have to stop 2 way syncing for the whole team until this is solved.

@Mike van der Valk 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited March 2022 #65
    Options

I was just shocked to find out that private outlook items are not private when we sync with pipedrive calendar.  How can anyone use the calendar functionality without this - and why is there not a warning that also private outlook items will be fully synced and accessible? I have to stop 2 way syncing for the whole team until this is solved.

@Mike van der Valk 

Hi @Laura Maier 

Sorry to hear about that, I've looped in our activity team to take a look at this. Hopefully it can be prioritised.

For now good to know is that activities linked to items a users is not allowed to see can't be seen be other users. It's not ideal of course but you could potentially create a dummy organization and make sure nobody but you has access to it and then link all your activities there.

Again not ideal but it can work. In the meantime I'll do my best to get the activity team looking at this :) 

• neal_mimeeq
    neal_mimeeq Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022 #66
    Options

so to be clear if I make a task and it is assigned to a deal that is marked as me as the owner only then no one else can see that activity - is that correct?

• Roland Kok_65312
    Roland Kok_65312 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #67
    Options

Is there already a solution for this?

• Jeffrey Bell
    Jeffrey Bell Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2022 #68
    Options

Marking an event private in outlook does not sync to pipedrive and remains public to the organization. This seems like a bit of an oversight. Is anything being done about this?

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 171
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited December 2022 #69
    Options

Hi Jeffrey!

In this article you can see what is required for an activity not to be visible to other users inside Pipedrive. There isn't a specific setting -- it depends on the items linked to it.

Hope this helps! If you have further questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our lovely support.

• Jeffrey Bell
    edited December 2022 #70
    Options

Hi Jeffrey!

In this article you can see what is required for an activity not to be visible to other users inside Pipedrive. There isn't a specific setting -- it depends on the items linked to it.

Hope this helps! If you have further questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our lovely support.

Hi Andreia!

This article is fine for baseline information but didn't really address the problem. We are fine with the sync and that works well. The situation we have is when someone marks an event as private in outlook, there is no private event feature in pipedrive. 

• Thomas Møller Jensen
    Thomas Møller Jensen Member Posts: 24
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #71
    Options

There are many posts in this community about email, calendar and contacts synchronization, and the issue that Pipedrive synchronization is ALL OR NOTHING, as in also synchronizing private items from your calendar. And that with calendar sync enabled, all Pipedrive users get full access to all other users’ calendar, free to create, edit and delete any appointments and meetings.

The above issues render the synchronization feature useless to many, if not most, organizations.

A fix and priority to this have been promised in many threads by Pipedrive support for ages, but so far nothing. This is disappointing, given that the worst issue with synchronizing calendar entries marked private could be fixed with a simple IF statement...

IF item.private = TRUE
                    “Do not sync item”
    ELSE
                    “Sync item”
    END IF

(I know it's not this easy, but... come on)

The full access for other users to any user’s calendar might not be as easy to fix, but then at least limit calendar sync to One-Way sync, from calendar to Pipedrive. 

And then lastly, do as other CRM programs do, let the user decide what gets synced, by only synchronizing items that are marked with a specific Category (Outlook/365) or Label (Google/Gmail). A great name for the category/label could be “Sync to Pipedrive” 😊 

A fix to above issues would really boost our adoption of Pipedrive to handle the whole sales process, including email, calendar, and contacts with high efficiency

Synchronization of email/calendar/contacts done right, is the top thing I miss in Pipedrive, having used other CR'M's like Dynamics, Salesforce, and Sugar.  So please consider prioritizing this. 

• Thomas Møller Jensen
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #72
    Options
  • Thomas Møller Jensen
    First Comment
    edited January 2022 #73
    Options

Please support my latest post to get a fix for this. (20) Please fix Pipedrive Sync of email, calendar, and contacts

• Laura Maier
    Laura Maier Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2022 #74
    Options

Yes, yes and yes!! Plus to add again - users are completely unaware of this happening and confidential information stored in private outlook items suddenly becomes available to everyone else. SHOCKING!

Please, make this a priority!!

• Gary Schaum
    Gary Schaum Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #75
    Options

I am new to pipedrive and experienced this first hand.  Worked with several crm packages and this is useless if the email feature doesnt work.  I like all about it but that.  How long has this been broken?

• Dan McPhilemy
    Dan McPhilemy Member Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2023 #76
    Options

Thank you for illustrating your suggestion so clearly @Darek Młodnicki , we appreciate your input and it really helps us!

We are aware of these current shortcomings and I'd point you to the answers and workarounds suggested in some similar posts here and here

Right now there are no concrete short term plans to make these improvements. Unfortunately with many customers and requests and with limited development resources we need to prioritise and make choices what to deliver first. We will make sure, however, our team considers your suggestions but we can never make any promises.

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

any follow-up?  im fearful we will need to change CRMs because of this fact.

• Thomas Møller Jensen
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #77
    Options

I am new to pipedrive and experienced this first hand.  Worked with several crm packages and this is useless if the email feature doesnt work.  I like all about it but that.  How long has this been broken?

Hi Gary, its really not broken, as it has always been like this. 

in outlook/365 (Not sure about gmail/pthers) you can get around it if you...

• create a seperate calendar and only sync that with Pipedrive
    • create a seperate contacts folder that you then sync with Pipedrive
    • create a seperate email folder that you then sync with Pipedrive

but it is of course extra manual work to have to deal with multiple calendar and contacts folders, and also having to move received/sent emails that you want to sync to a specific folder.

So yes, in reality useless, unless you can live with EVERYTHING getting synced, and your colleagues having create/edit/delete access to your calendar.  

• Aaron Esau
    Aaron Esau Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #78
    Options

I track how many activities I complete each week so I don't want my personal items syncing back to Pipedrive, or I at least want a way to exclude them from being created as an activity. I try to block personal meetings out of my calendar so that I will see these when I am using Pipedrive's meeting feature to propose meeting times.

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #79
    Options

Thank you for illustrating your suggestion so clearly @Darek Młodnicki , we appreciate your input and it really helps us!

We are aware of these current shortcomings and I'd point you to the answers and workarounds suggested in some similar posts here and here

Right now there are no concrete short term plans to make these improvements. Unfortunately with many customers and requests and with limited development resources we need to prioritise and make choices what to deliver first. We will make sure, however, our team considers your suggestions but we can never make any promises.

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

I am also wondering about this as it makes the benefit of syncing the calendar not a benefit anymore

• Peter Haahr Rasmussen
    Peter Haahr Rasmussen Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 2022 #80
    Options

This is a big issue!

Thanks for looking into it.

Please stop adding new features and just fix the GD platform essentials <3 

Peter

• Eric Soden
    Eric Soden Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #81
    Options

Showing my private doctor appointments is a HIPPA violation. You're putting companies in massive jeopardy with this.

• Manuel Leal
    Manuel Leal Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #82
    Options

Hi, it would be great to count on a private/shared option for two-way calendar sync. Are you planning to enable such functionality?

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 845
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2022 #83
    Options

You can potentially create an additional calendar in [google or outlook] and then put personal events onto that calendar.

Then when you do the sync, don't sync that specific calendar [you can choose which calendars sync]

• Thomas Møller Jensen
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #84
    Options

For now, the two-calendar approach is the only possibility, Wich for some is of course not a practical option :-)

Please like and support...

(98) Sync Outlook/office.com email/calendar/contacts based on Category (pipedrive.com)

(98) Please fix Pipedrive Sync of email, calendar, and contacts

• Akhil_Supermeet.ai
    Akhil_Supermeet.ai Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2022 #85
    Options

Hi @Jenn Anderson-Logas ,

Any update on this issue? 

• Jenn Anderson-Logas
    Jenn Anderson-Logas Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited May 2022 #86
    Options
    Akhil said:

Hi @Jenn Anderson-Logas ,

Any update on this issue? 

Sadly, no.

• Jenn Anderson-Logas
    Jenn Anderson-Logas Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited December 2022 #87
    Options

You can potentially create an additional calendar in [google or outlook] and then put personal events onto that calendar.

Then when you do the sync, don't sync that specific calendar [you can choose which calendars sync]

Which for me means adding 2 private calendar events - one that goes on my work email to show that I'm not available and another with the details on a second calendar that doesn't allow me to invite attendees. This really isn't a solution. Pipedrive needs to exclude details of calendar items that are marked Private.

• Marek Mikuš_86185
    Marek Mikuš_86185 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #89
    Options

I have tested this today and private messages are synched to Pipedrive as not private, this is crazy and reason to stop using synchronisation

• Jeffrey Bell
    edited December 2022 #90
    Options

@Andreia Freixo, Following up, but as mentioned before - this is just basic info on activities and does not address an activity that is marked as private when someone is using outlook

If someone has a sensitive event in outlook that they marked as private, it shows all of the details in PD with is then visible to the team.

Pipedrive really needs to support the private event functionality

• Aimee Smith
    Aimee Smith Member Posts: 4
    5 Likes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited December 2022 #91
    Options

I am adding, this is a HUGE need. Anyone serving as a manager and up will have private business meetings. Personnel meetings... etc. GDPR!

Please just remove the ability to see anyone but your calendar! Same as the PD inbox.

I won't sync my calendar, use scheduler or teams integration until this gets fixed... and it is driving my company to look at other CRM solutions.