Feature Request: Ability to exclude Calendar items marked as Private

We use Calendly which allows clients to schedule available time on my work calendar however, there are times when I have a personal appointment during the work day that needs to be on my work calendar but not synched to Pipedrive. Having the ability to exclude calendar items marked as Private would solve this problem. Also, these items are counted towards activities and pollute reports.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,335 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited May 25 #2

Thanks for sharing @Jenn Anderson-Logas passing this on to our team here ;) 

• Morten Hjort
    Morten Hjort Posts: 9
    edited March 8 #3

Sooooo obvious a feature! And a great solution to a problem that makes the two-way sync not useful for anyone in our organisation. 

• Morten Hjort
    edited November 2021 #4

Sooooo obvious a feature! And a great solution to a problem that makes the two-way sync not useful for anyone in our organisation. 

• Morten Hjort
    edited November 2021 #5

Its a wonder that such a "simple" thing haven't been looked upon and fixed in one way or another yet. Using Pipedrive as the main tool makes a lot of sense, but until the very basics of controlling the calendars are done, this is not possible at least for our team. It keeps a wide open gap to competitors who manage to solve this.

• Laura Maier
    Laura Maier Posts: 28
    First Anniversary
    edited March 17 #6

I was just shocked to find out that private outlook items are not private when we sync with pipedrive calendar.  How can anyone use the calendar functionality without this - and why is there not a warning that also private outlook items will be fully synced and accessible? I have to stop 2 way syncing for the whole team until this is solved.

@Mike van der Valk 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,335 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited March 8 #7

I was just shocked to find out that private outlook items are not private when we sync with pipedrive calendar.  How can anyone use the calendar functionality without this - and why is there not a warning that also private outlook items will be fully synced and accessible? I have to stop 2 way syncing for the whole team until this is solved.

@Mike van der Valk 

Hi @Laura Maier 

Sorry to hear about that, I've looped in our activity team to take a look at this. Hopefully it can be prioritised.

For now good to know is that activities linked to items a users is not allowed to see can't be seen be other users. It's not ideal of course but you could potentially create a dummy organization and make sure nobody but you has access to it and then link all your activities there.

Again not ideal but it can work. In the meantime I'll do my best to get the activity team looking at this :) 

• Thomas Møller Jensen
    edited January 28 #8

Please support my latest post to get a fix for this. (20) Please fix Pipedrive Sync of email, calendar, and contacts

• Peter Haahr Rasmussen
    edited May 25 #9

This is a big issue!

Thanks for looking into it.

Please stop adding new features and just fix the GD platform essentials <3 

Peter

• Akhil_Supermeet.ai
    Akhil_Supermeet.ai Posts: 57
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited May 24 #10

Hi @Jenn Anderson-Logas ,

Any update on this issue? 

• Jenn Anderson-Logas
    edited May 24 #11