Trying to bulk import Leads

Options
Richard_7919
Richard_7919 Member Posts: 3
edited November 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hi there, I am trying to bulk import 500 leads from a spreadsheet however each time I try this, the data is posted to 'Contacts' rather than 'Leads'. Is there a way to move this data to 'Leads' or import it again so it shows in the correct area. 

For information, I have used the import function on both the setting menu and also in the Leads section but it still has the same result. 

Answers

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2020 #2
    Options

Hi @Richard !

The first step would be to revert the import you just did to avoid duplicating data - see here how to do that.

When importing again, make sure that you're mapping your data using the Leads fields shown in the image below. If after that you're still having trouble, please reach out to our Support team and they will help you troubleshoot.

• Richard_7919
    Richard_7919 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2020 #3
    Options

Thank you @Inês Batata - I managed to figure things out from your reply and all working well now :)

• Anastasiia Dyshkant
    Anastasiia Dyshkant Member Posts: 20
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #4
    Options

I’d recommend Trujay’s automated migration. You can proceed with the migration on your own, map records, and launch the full migration. With this article-instruction, it’s easier to understand the mapping process. 

• Minhaz Moosa
    Minhaz Moosa Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

Hi @Inês Batata 

I actually received a message from the support team that this is not possible? 

Do some customer have access to this feature and if so how do we get access to it?

We are trying to import bulk Leads, not people/organisations or deals

Once the lead moves into Deal phase, then it should add the organisation/person/deals - otherwise we would have thousands of people/organisation that may never even use us?

Any one else struggling with this?

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #6
    Options

Hi @Inês Batata 

I actually received a message from the support team that this is not possible? 

Do some customer have access to this feature and if so how do we get access to it?

We are trying to import bulk Leads, not people/organisations or deals

Once the lead moves into Deal phase, then it should add the organisation/person/deals - otherwise we would have thousands of people/organisation that may never even use us?

Any one else struggling with this?

Hi @Minhaz Moosa , I'm sorry to hear about this misunderstanding. I can assure you that all our customers have access to the same set of importing feature, so you should be able to see it too.

You can import Leads in bulk using a spreadsheet and following the instructions in this tutorial: How can I import leads?

Keep in mind that a few weeks ago we made it so that the contacts associated to Leads also get associated to your standard contact list, so the People and Organizations will be created/linked to the lead you create, not anymore only when you convert it to a Deal. See more here

I hope that helped clarify it. If not, I recommend reaching out to our Support team again so they can help you in greater detail and investigate your particular case. Thank you!

• kevin breckenridge
    kevin breckenridge Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

Hi,

When I am importing leads, the existing lead data fields only give me three options: note, owner, title.

When I add a custom fields, it gives me an option to add a custom field under lead/deal but the custom field automatically is created under the deal data fields and not the lead data fields. 

So, when I match the fields and upload a lead (I'm uploading property owners with one or more properties owned) the property in question is automatically uploaded as a deal and not a lead under the contact file. 

Am I doing the import wrong?

Ideally, I want to be able to upload the seller contact file and have each property listed under the seller file which would then convert to a deal in the pipeline if the seller is going to sell the property. 

Thanks!

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2021 #8
    Options

Hi,

When I am importing leads, the existing lead data fields only give me three options: note, owner, title.

When I add a custom fields, it gives me an option to add a custom field under lead/deal but the custom field automatically is created under the deal data fields and not the lead data fields. 

So, when I match the fields and upload a lead (I'm uploading property owners with one or more properties owned) the property in question is automatically uploaded as a deal and not a lead under the contact file. 

Am I doing the import wrong?

Ideally, I want to be able to upload the seller contact file and have each property listed under the seller file which would then convert to a deal in the pipeline if the seller is going to sell the property. 

Thanks!

Hi  @kevin breckenridge , sorry to hear about this. 

If you're doing the mapping correctly, as you seem to be, things should go to their right places. 

Make sure to double-check your steps here and if the issue persists, please reach out to our Support team and they will help you. For urgent or technical issues Support is always the most adequate and quickest channel of communication. Thank you!