Tax exclusive button in products

Bernd Auer
Bernd Auer Member Posts: 345
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Does anybody know how soon the "Coming soon" will be for the activation of the Tax exclusive- Button? 

I hope really soon! Because without it the document creation looses it's value. At least on the German speaking market you have to show first the Tax exclusive- price (net), then the tax, and then the tax inclusive price (gross). Not possible without this tiny hopefully soon coming button.

5f10572444e5fe0a283ff14f_74661.png
5 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Bernd Auer I'll ask internally if there's some sort of timeline on this and let you know ;) 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #3

Hi @Bernd Auer I'll ask internally if there's some sort of timeline on this and let you know ;) 

@Bernd Auer bad news unfortunately :( it looks like we got a bit too excited with adding the "coming soon" button. The team tells my some of our plans/strategy has changed and they will remove the coming soon tag as it will have to come later down the road.

I have however forwarded your comments to the team and also to the team working on the documents in Pipedrive. Perhaps they will reconsider or find another solution to still make sure this works for the German and other markets. Sorry to bring that news!

• Roofit.solar Pipedrive admin
    edited February 2022 #4

@Mike van der Valk TAX exclusive button is something that is really necessary when you are selling locally and exporting your product. Currently we need to create the same product with tax and without tax price. Because if we mark no TAX for export deals, the product total amount stays the same as with TAX and this makes no sense.  The tax feature as it is is not usable at all for us in this current state.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #5

@Mike van der Valk TAX exclusive button is something that is really necessary when you are selling locally and exporting your product. Currently we need to create the same product with tax and without tax price. Because if we mark no TAX for export deals, the product total amount stays the same as with TAX and this makes no sense.  The tax feature as it is is not usable at all for us in this current state.

Thanks for that additional comment @Martin Kontus I'll pass on the feedback to our team and hopefully we can add some priority to this.

• Marc Ouellette
    Marc Ouellette Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2021 #6

I need that to  TAX exclusive button is something that is really necessary

• Max Godet
    Max Godet Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #7

Hello,

We also need absolutely this button to use the Document feature... May you have any idea of when it will be available ? Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Max

• Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2020 #8
    Max Godet said:

Hello,

We also need absolutely this button to use the Document feature... May you have any idea of when it will be available ? Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Max

Hi @Max Godet unfortunately no ETA, I have pointed out the need to our team again but I hope you can imagine there's constant new updates we'd like to do and new things to prioritise, hopefully we'll be working on this as well later on.

• Essadi Hichem
    Essadi Hichem Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021 #9

Hello For France the price is basic excluding tax, plus a 20% tax for most products, and no tax for exports. Normally for most offers the same tax is for all products, so there is no point in putting a tax on each line. cordially

• Linda van Lanen
    Linda van Lanen Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #10

Any updates on this matter? In the Netherlands this will be mandatory starting 1st of January 2021. If this feature is not implemented all your Dutch customers are in trouble. I believe this also goes for the rest of the EU. 

Maybe you should take this more serious. It's not just a minor discomfort, it's going to be essential for your business in the EU.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited December 2020 #11

Any updates on this matter? In the Netherlands this will be mandatory starting 1st of January 2021. If this feature is not implemented all your Dutch customers are in trouble. I believe this also goes for the rest of the EU. 

Maybe you should take this more serious. It's not just a minor discomfort, it's going to be essential for your business in the EU.

Hi @Linda van Lanen thanks for that extra input. I'll reach out to our team!

• Kallie Melkesian
    Kallie Melkesian Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2021 #12

Shocked that this is such a difficult addition. Really necessary.

• Marshall Moutenot
    Marshall Moutenot Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021 #13

I would also like to see this.

• Linda van Lanen
    Linda van Lanen Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2021 #14

I assume there will also be an option to choose whether one wants to show the [excl.vat total] or the [incl.vat total] as deal-value. 

Currently it shows the value with VAT included. This is ofcourse nonsense, since all users are (employed by) companies. VAT has nothing to do with deal-value. The VAT itself has no value. That's the whole point of VAT.

• Max Godet
    edited December 2020 #15

Hello. As it's really necessary, for the pipedrive team, before to have the exluding tax option by product, would it be possible to havec a tax applicated for each deal in pipedrive, just in order to have the value / amount exluding tax in pipedrive, and be able to have this price AND the tax price AND the total price when we export to a document... ?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2022 #16

Hi all, thank you so much for all the comments here. This shows how our users think about this. I'm going to do my best to bring some brains together internally and see how we can improve this for you all. 

• Haley Peloquin
    Haley Peloquin Member Posts: 9
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #17

Hi all, thank you so much for all the comments here. This shows how our users think about this. I'm going to do my best to bring some brains together internally and see how we can improve this for you all. 

Thank you!

• Ines Basta
    Ines Basta Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #18

Hello, any news on this topic? Sweden needs this also :)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #19

Hi @Ines Basta unfortunately no updates, I'm going to poke the teams again on this!

• Ines Basta
    Ines Basta Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2021 #20

Hej, I really admire @Mike van der Valk that you answer so quick and try to help us out! 
    Thank you so much for that. 

Working side by side with Application developers I would just like to add that this should not be too complicated to develop, test and implement, but I understand that for some reason Pipedrive team doesn't prioritize this just yet.

Could you please check is this in plan at all any more (it was coming soon option before) and if it is when we can expect it? I can test it for you :D (Worked a lot as test manager as well) :D

• Bernd Auer
    Bernd Auer Member Posts: 345
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited April 2021 #21

I'll join the test group too!!! And I'll find 20 other testers as well! :-)

• Philipp Riederle
    Philipp Riederle Member Posts: 21
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited April 2021 #22

+1 for me

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2021 #23

Thanks for the enthusiasm all!
    I will see who's looking into this internally at the moment and see if he/she can give us an update :) thank you for your understanding! 

• Johnathan Martin
    Johnathan Martin Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021 #24

Adding my +1 to this. Feature we could really use. 

• Nik
    Nik Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2021 #25

Guys, any update on this? It should be implemented as one of the fundamental options within the product sections.at least for you EU client. Currently you have to create ridiculous workarounds with your accounting and shop software to make things work.
    Not having a clear communication from PD to the connected apps/softwares for fulfilling a deal is honestly a completely killer for using PD. Please provide a prompt solution to your customers.
    Shouldn't be that tricky, as you  just have another way of calculating final product price.

• Max Godet
    edited February 2022 #26

Hello. Do we have any answer from PD about this ?

@Mike van der Valk thanks for your answers, but at the end we don't have a clear update on this important topic, that seems to be a small evolution technically speaking.

Thanks a lot.

Max

• Essadi Hichem
    Essadi Hichem Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021 #27
    Max Godet said:

@Mike van der Valk thanks for your answers, but at the end we don't have a clear update on this important topic, that seems to be a small evolution technically speaking.

Thanks a lot.

Max

Hello, I personally do not use PD for the quote part, and I cannot use the signature part because of that too. because I am in the process of creating the estimate at a competitor with the VAT correctly calculated, I will not bring the document back to have it signed here (so there is no point in sending me the proposal for the signing of the PD document)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #28
    Max Godet said:

Thanks a lot.

Max

Hi @Max Godet @Niklas Marwege and all others. I'll ask internally if there's an update on this 🤞🏻.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2021 #29
    Max Godet said:

Thanks a lot.

Max

Hey all, so internally our product area is just being handed over to a new Product manager in Pipedrive. I've asked her to please take a serious look at this request and prioritise it against other improvements we can make. Hopefully it ends up somewhere towards the top of our backlog 

• Support Team_8943
    Support Team_8943 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2021 #30
    Max Godet said:

Thanks a lot.

Max

Also have a need for this, if we are to use Products / Documents / Invoicing in any meaningful and  effectively way. To note I don't see the 'coming soon' greyed out area. Hopefully the requirement moves from the Backlog to this weeks Sprint! :-) 

• Marko Ertl
    Marko Ertl Member Posts: 8
    5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #31

For us in Austria this is also sadly a dealbreaker. We would love to use pipedrive since we like the interface the most, but the product and quoting solution is very lackluster at this moment. Having exclusive Tax and a margin calculator (since we already can input costs for prodcuts) would be a huge improvement. 

There are some other ideas about the "add product feature" for workflows and zapier which are missing some important fields to input - but having the excl. Tax and margins would already be enough for us to no cancel our subscription.

Thank you.