Trigger automation based on deals going rotten

Options
Eileen Romito
Eileen Romito Member Posts: 5
First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1

Does anyone have any ideas on how to trigger an automation based on a deal going rotten? Example: When a deal goes rotten, create an activity to follow up with the customer. 

Comments

• Aivar Tugedam
    Aivar Tugedam Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #2
    Options

Hi, 

Sebastian has similar question https://community.pipedrive.com/topic/workflow-automation

and there seems to be no solution without 3rd party...

and">

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi @Eileen Romito and @Aivar Tugedam our workflow automation team plans to add time based triggers in the future. Once this is done rotting deals can also trigger the workflow. Unfortunately this is not available yet. 

There's no ETA at the moment but keep an eye here to be up to date with the latest releases: https://community.pipedrive.com/feed/whats-new

• Aivar Tugedam
    Aivar Tugedam Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #4
    Options

Hi @Eileen Romito and @Aivar Tugedam our workflow automation team plans to add time based triggers in the future. Once this is done rotting deals can also trigger the workflow. Unfortunately this is not available yet. 

There's no ETA at the moment but keep an eye here to be up to date with the latest releases: https://community.pipedrive.com/feed/whats-new

Thank you for your update, @Mike van der Valk !

• JR Fent
    JR Fent Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

I solved this with the help of one of the PipeDrive Support Engineers.  For now, Zapier is the best solution for this.

Create a filter in Pipedrive to filter 'rotten deals in a specific stage.  Then use Zapier to make changes based on that filter.

Now in Zapier, you can use this as the basis to move it to a follow-up column.  With Pipedrive Automation, you can send reminder emails based on a deal landing in that column.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #6
    Options
    JR Fent said:

I solved this with the help of one of the PipeDrive Support Engineers.  For now, Zapier is the best solution for this.

Create a filter in Pipedrive to filter 'rotten deals in a specific stage.  Then use Zapier to make changes based on that filter.

Now in Zapier, you can use this as the basis to move it to a follow-up column.  With Pipedrive Automation, you can send reminder emails based on a deal landing in that column.

Zapier indeed currently works with matching filters and time/date triggers. Pipedrive's automation unfortunately doesn't yet but we aim to add this as a future update so Zapier won't be needed anymore further down the road.

• Azim Fazal
    Azim Fazal Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2020 #7
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk  do you have an ETA on this feature now please? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #8
    Options

Hi @Azim Fazal I wish I had but it's not near term unfortunately. Our team still has it on their to-do list but there's a couple of other hurdles to take before we get there unfortunately.

• Mattia Verzella
    Mattia Verzella Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

HI - we are having the same need and would like to understand when we can create an automation based on rotten deals. thank you

• JR Fent
    JR Fent Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #10
    Options

I’ve been successful in using a filter in PipeDrive and then having Zapier perform a task for me. See the instructions in this thread. It works flawlessly. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #11
    Options

HI - we are having the same need and would like to understand when we can create an automation based on rotten deals. thank you

@Mattia Verzella currently the workaround via Zapier that @JR Fent speaks of is the solution. Our team still has time/date based triggers planned for our own workflow automation. There's no clear ETA unfortunately as it takes some development work, but it's in the plans!

• Fülhaus Team
    Fülhaus Team Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020 #12
    Options
    JR Fent said:

I’ve been successful in using a filter in PipeDrive and then having Zapier perform a task for me. See the instructions in this thread. It works flawlessly. 

@JR Fent  can you share the zapier setup? I got the filters done, but i'm struggling on how to get zapier to move a deal from one stage to another based on the rotten filter. 

This discussion has been closed.