It's live: Converting deals to leads

Options
Mike van der Valk
Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
edited August 2022 in What's New #1

UPDATE - it's live 🚀
https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010999378-How-can-I-convert-deals-to-leads-

----

One of our teams is working on a small but powerful functionality that will allow converting deals to leads. This becomes handy when your pipeline contains deals that are actually unqualified leads. The update will help you keep your pipeline and lead inbox organised.

📝Please note 📝

Pipedrive reserves the right to modify and update the features in the What's planned?  topic and does not communicate exact timelines for delivery.

https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.t-cdn.net%2F5da57ad6db7f757e793ebe1a%2Ftopics%2F5e3a9a6c10c6305aebf38d1c%2F5e3a9a6c10c6305aebf38d1c_8391.png?width=1240&w=1240&auto=format%2Ccompress&ixlib=js-2.3.1&s=358adf2803097ba253ad7f5e62890516
Tagged:

Comments

• Matt Oehlert
    Matt Oehlert Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2020 #2
    Options

Very interested in this one. Thank You.

• Philip Nordfeldt
    Philip Nordfeldt Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi Mike, 

We are just starting to work with this feature. 

We think this will declutter our pipe and that is great! 

But, one of the issues we are debating in the sales team is what the difference is between a lead and a deal is and when to move them from one to the other, and back. 

Any thoughts on this? 

//Philip

• André Vidal
    André Vidal Pipedrive Team Posts: 14 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited October 2020 #4
    Options

Hi Mike, 

We are just starting to work with this feature. 

We think this will declutter our pipe and that is great! 

But, one of the issues we are debating in the sales team is what the difference is between a lead and a deal is and when to move them from one to the other, and back. 

Any thoughts on this? 

//Philip

Hi Philip, 

I believe Mike is not working at the moment, as it is a bank holiday where he lives. But, I saw your message and I believe i can help you. 

Leads were designed in Pipedrive to be the place where you can have all your contacts that you haven't had the chance to qualify to become a real deal. This way you can avoid cluttering your Pipelines with things that most likely will not turn into a sale. 

Of course it may not be useful for all kinds of industries. But in the majority of the sales businesses, there are leads you collect from your website, an event, web forms, landing pages or other channels that you could place into this section of Pipedrive. Once you confirm that the lead collected through these channels is actually qualified to follow the process that you have established for your Pipeline, you can then turn it into a deal, so that it appears in your pipeline. This way you can be sure you are only spending the majority of your time with leads that actually have potential to become a sale. 

This option that Mike was announcing here is mainly to help our existing customers to transfer deals back to leads, because some of them may find useful to restructure their process to start using the Leads menu in Pipedrive, which didn't exist before. So, they may have deals in their pipelines which are not yet qualified and that they may want to transform into leads, so that they can do the qualification first. This option is to help them transitioning and make it easier for them, considering they didn't have access to the Leads menu before. 

This landing page of our website explains this concept a bit further. I hope it is helpful: https://www.pipedrive.com/en/blog/leads-inbox. 

Any doubts, feel free to contact our support.

Have a great day!

• Luke Rooney
    Luke Rooney Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

it would be good if the existing data(mostly contained in custom fields, notes is not lost ... is that possible? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #6
    Options

it would be good if the existing data(mostly contained in custom fields, notes is not lost ... is that possible? 

Not yet @Luke Rooney unfortunately :( I know our team is exploring how to improve it and I'll let know about your comment. Hopefully we can improve it in the future,

• Martin Pecha_2338
    Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

@Mike van der Valk I have a feedback to conversion of deals back to leads. Since the philosophy of lead is "I have a person, which might be potentially a deal", all info is centered around that person. The lead name is a person name etc. 

It does not make sense to me then name the lead after the deal while converting. It should be named after the person, who is the contact person. It creates a lot of mess.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #8
    Options

@Mike van der Valk I have a feedback to conversion of deals back to leads. Since the philosophy of lead is "I have a person, which might be potentially a deal", all info is centered around that person. The lead name is a person name etc. 

It does not make sense to me then name the lead after the deal while converting. It should be named after the person, who is the contact person. It creates a lot of mess.

Good points @Martin Pecha I'm passing that along to our team who was working on this!

• AutoBizBrokers
    AutoBizBrokers Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

That should save us lots of time. Thanks!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #10
    Options
  • Hans Nieto
    Hans Nieto Member Posts: 26
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited February 2022 #11
    Options

Hi @Mike van der Valk Some questions:

When I link an organization or prospect contact why not inject all the information? It would be logical for me to do so, sometimes there any information that is not available in contacts or organizations (for example the company logo)

Why is it only possible to create deals from leads? ... if I simply want to create the contact and / or the company because I don't have it, why does it force me to create a lead?

Thank you

• Roland Meents
    Roland Meents Member Posts: 7
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited September 2020 #12
    Options

I don't know if anything was changed here already, but I slightly disagree. We are working in b2b and right now a deal is named after the company - which is perfect for us. The only thing I'm missing is a setting to change the default extension which is added to the deal when it is converted from a lead. 

i.e.: We have a lead with the company "Hotel California". When I create a deal from that lead its named "Hotel California lead". I'd love to change the extension "lead" to something else by default. In best case depending on the pipeline the deal was added to (i.e. "Hotel California - Standard partnership")

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #13
    Options

Hi @Roland Meents thanks for the additional comments. At the moment the team is working on another project but I'll ask them to take your comments and those of Martin above and anyone else here into account in case they get back to it. 

• AustinRealtor
    AustinRealtor Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2022 #14
    Options

This might help me in real estate.  I have clients planning moves that could happen sometime in the next year or two.  Leads makes sense, but should have full info.  I might make a separate pipeline for them.  It would be great to be able to navigate to it as easily as Leads.  Maybe that's the answer!  Allow multiple pipelines to be on the navigation bar.

I would want 3 - Leads, Deals, and Follow Up

And I really wish  Leads and Follow Up had repeating events so I could auto schedule monthly check ins, annual reviews, etc.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #15
    Options

When I link an organization or prospect contact why not inject all the information? It would be logical for me to do so, sometimes there any information that is not available in contacts or organizations (for example the company logo)

Why is it only possible to create deals from leads? ... if I simply want to create the contact and / or the company because I don't have it, why does it force me to create a lead?

Thank you

@Hans Nieto I'm sorry but I'm not a 100% following you. Could you clarify how you'd like to see the flow work and explain why?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #16
    Options

This might help me in real estate.  I have clients planning moves that could happen sometime in the next year or two.  Leads makes sense, but should have full info.  I might make a separate pipeline for them.  It would be great to be able to navigate to it as easily as Leads.  Maybe that's the answer!  Allow multiple pipelines to be on the navigation bar.

I would want 3 - Leads, Deals, and Follow Up

And I really wish  Leads and Follow Up had repeating events so I could auto schedule monthly check ins, annual reviews, etc.

Hi @John Stapleton 

We're working on integrating leads better with automation, emailing, calling, and all the other great features of Pipedrive. The same as allowing more data fields and custom fields there. So it might still take a while for us to deliver on it all, it's in the plans!

• Hans Nieto
    Hans Nieto Member Posts: 26
    edited September 2020 #17
    Options

Thank you

Basically it is that in leads, today it gives me the option to only convert into leads, and it should have some option to update contact or company information (one case would be that before passing it to the funnel as a new deal I need to analyze it ... but yes I would like to update information that I do not have, for example email)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #18
    Options

Thank you

Hi @Hans Nieto we recently made a small but important change so actually leads are also stored and checked for duplicates under your contacts. You can read more about it here: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/leads-inbox-improvements-for-users-in-all-plans-5f5207ea42e5de146e1c72e1