Is there a way to prevent moving a deal to the next stage if Important Fields are missing?

Options
Luciana Ayala
Luciana Ayala Member Posts: 5
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited August 2020 #2
    Options

Yes.

In the Data fields section of your account, mark fields as required and important wherever applicable.

• Jonathan Blair-Joly
    Jonathan Blair-Joly Member Posts: 4
    Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Yes, with the new "Required" feature, we can now do exactly what you wan't. You need to be on "Enterprise" plan.

• Tomi Suomela
    Tomi Suomela Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Hey Luciana,
    If you're not on an Enterprise plan (like the most of us), here's a workaround:
    Using the workflow automation, you can prevent a deal from moving to the next stage if a specific field is empty.
    I made a quick example, where the deal will move back if the "Web" field is empty.  See the pic below.
    Now, there's isn't any notification for the user about this, but you can set the workflow to create an activity, for example.

Does this help?

Tomi

• John Cress
    John Cress Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020 #5
    Options

Yes, with the new "Required" feature, we can now do exactly what you wan't. You need to be on "Enterprise" plan.

I don't see the "Required" feature when I am in the Customized Data Fields page of the settings. Where does "Required" live?

• Jonathan Blair-Joly
    Jonathan Blair-Joly Member Posts: 4
    Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited August 2020 #6
    Options

This is a new feature, it is still not live on all accounts, you can request via Live chat to "push" the feature on your account. You need to be on Enterprise plan.

If the feature is enable on your account, you will see it just on top of important field

• Robert Tucker
    Robert Tucker Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020 #7
    Options

Hey Luciana,
    Using the workflow automation, you can prevent a deal from moving to the next stage if a specific field is empty.
    I made a quick example, where the deal will move back if the "Web" field is empty.  See the pic below.
    Now, there's isn't any notification for the user about this, but you can set the workflow to create an activity, for example.

Does this help?

Tomi

This was going to be my suggestion. It is a great workaround. 

• Aleksei Mogutov
    Aleksei Mogutov Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #8
    Options

Hey Luciana,

Does this help?

Tomi

Will this workaround act properly if dragging to the next stage should trigger own preset workflow? Which of the workflows will be completed first? The one that brings Deal back to previous stage or the other that should be completed on the next stage? Is there possibility to prioritize completion of the workflows if these are triggered by the same action?

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2020 #9
    Options

Hi @Luciana !

You can learn more about the Required Fields and Workflow Automation options your fellow members have suggested above in these tutorials:

This should make your life easier!

• Luciana Ayala
    Luciana Ayala Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #10
    Options

Hey Luciana,

Does this help?

Tomi

Thank you so much! I am on the Professional plan so this works!

• Tomi Suomela
    Tomi Suomela Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #11
    Options

Hey Luciana,

Does this help?

Tomi

@Luciana  Glad to be of assistance! Let me know if you need any more help :)

@Aleksei Mogutov  That's a tricky question. I did a quick test on what happens if I have two contradicting workflows:

1. The workflow I created earlier: Move back the deal if "Web" field is empty and the stage has changed
    2. A new workflow: If the deal stage has changed, update the Web field to "Updated". (Pic below)

Guess what happened?
    It updated the Web field and then moved it back!

Unless someone from Pipedrive can elaborate on the prioritization rules, my suggestion is to test and see what happens. Alternatively, you could combine the two workflows somehow.

Does this make sense?

• Aleksei Mogutov
    Aleksei Mogutov Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #12
    Options

Hey Luciana,

Does this help?

Tomi

@Tomi Suomela Thank you for testing it! It is exactly the case what we have. Priorities or delays could help in many automation cases - hopefully these options will be presented soon. At the same time I am sure that above mentioned workaround can help in many other cases. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2020 #13
    Options

Hey Luciana,

Does this help?

Tomi

@Aleksei Mogutov Delayed actions in automations will be coming in the future. 😉

Here are some pro tips to stay on top of things: