Now live: account lockdown after too many failed login attempts 🔒

Inês Batata
Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
edited August 2022 in What's New #1

🎉 UPDATE: This feature is now live, see more here.

-------------------------------------

How will it work?

The account is locked if a wrong password is entered a certain number of times during a certain time period.

Why?

To make the Pipedrive login process even more secure in regards to external threats.

For whom?

This feature will be available for all plans.

➡️ Learn more about our Security Features from the Knowledge Base and the Pipedrive Academy.

➡️ Pro tip: join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions of new and improved features. 

📝 Please note 📝

Pipedrive reserves the right to modify and update the features in the What's planned?  topic and does not communicate exact timelines for delivery.

Comments

• Erik Christensen
    Erik Christensen Member Posts: 41
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #2

Why not just get a proper 2FA system in place and let us utilize an authenticator of our choice?
    This ridiculous login system limiting me to more than 3 sessions is bunk.

I get you want to limit users sharing logins, but surely there has to be another way.

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #3

Why not just get a proper 2FA system in place and let us utilize an authenticator of our choice?

I get you want to limit users sharing logins, but surely there has to be another way.

Hi @Erik Christensen , I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated with these solutions.

We do offer a 2-Factor Authentication option and a Single Sign-on one, in different plans, please see here.

That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

• Erik Christensen
    edited October 2020 #4

The issue isn't that there's no 2FA option, it's how it's implemented.

I have more than one setup in place and having to jump through these email auth hoops is cumbersome to say the least.

If it's really about security, then I would suspect having a token that I can enter is more secure anyways. 

Limiting sessions is fair if that's a problem for the platform, but shouldn't be under the guise of security.

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #5

Thank you for your suggestions @Erik Christensen , I've made sure to forward them to our team for consideration in future developments.

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #6

Hi @Erik Christensen , just dropping by to let you know that this feature is now live and being rolled out to all users during this week, see more here.

I also wanted to clarify that account lockdown has nothing to do with limiting shared access or platform capacity, they're three separate topics. This feature's goal is to add a level of protection to each login, avoiding potential fraud. Hope that clears it up!

• Erik Christensen
    edited October 2020 #7

Fair enough. I've thrown a laptop out the window, so at least now I am not being hammered with having too many devices.

Thanks for the update.