First Name & Last Name in Contacts

Ged Leigh
Ged Leigh Member Posts: 9
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I would like to have First Name and Last Name in the contact details so we can personalise email campaigns.  I cannot see a way of doing this but understandnthe feature is available ..... if you ask.  We are Pro subscription.  Can someone help?

Comments

• Aaron Douglass Bailey
    Aaron Douglass Bailey Member Posts: 43
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi Ged,

Pipedrive is clever with this. When you add a full name it automatically splits the record into a first and last name. 

You can merge just in the first name into an email here:

You'll also be able to access first and second in 3rd party applications or by API such as Zapier. 

Aaron 

www.weevolvebusiness.com 

• Ged Leigh
    First Comment
    edited June 2021 #3

Hi Ged,

Pipedrive is clever with this. When you add a full name it automatically splits the record into a first and last name. 

You can merge just in the first name into an email here:

You'll also be able to access first and second in 3rd party applications or by API such as Zapier. 

Aaron 

www.weevolvebusiness.com 

Will that work with Mailigen do you know?  At the moment I have a database ready to upload with Fname and Lname in different columns.  I know the feature is available in Pipedrive as I have seen a few posts about it and people have the "feature enabled"

• Aaron Douglass Bailey
    First Comment
    edited June 2021 #4

Yes, it will work in mailigen.  When you upload the list to Pipedrive with just a full name (or separate f/l)  Mailigen should sync full name and f\l name automatically. 

• Aaron Douglass Bailey
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #5

So - Pipedrive has changed the way this works recently. 

It has been the case for years where you could import a full name and Pipedrive splits this into first and last name automatically. 

But - 

You are absolutely correct - you need to request the 'feature' of first and last name default fields on your account. Then you can import in this way - no need to specify both. 

Then API connections will pick them up as separate fields. 

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,048 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited February 2022 #6

Hi @Ged Leigh , thank you for your post! We'd like to ask you to please not use the What's New? or What's Planned? topics in your posts. The reason is that they are read-only topics used by Pipedrive to communicate updates to our community members. 

I have removed them from the post and replaced them with more pertinent topics. Thank you!

• Ged Leigh
    First Comment
    edited June 2021 #7

It has been the case for years where you could import a full name and Pipedrive splits this into first and last name automatically. 

But - 

You are absolutely correct - you need to request the 'feature' of first and last name default fields on your account. Then you can import in this way - no need to specify both. 

Request to who?

• Ged Leigh
    First Comment
    edited June 2021 #8

But - 

I have a spreadsheat to add in new data and the names are split into Fname and Lname currently.  Can I update this or do I need to merge the spreadsheet fields before I upload or get the "new" feature?

• Ged Leigh
    First Comment
    edited June 2021 #9

Hi @Ged Leigh , thank you for your post! We'd like to ask you to please not use the What's New? or What's Planned? topics in your posts. The reason is that they are read-only topics used by Pipedrive to communicate updates to our community members. 

I have removed them from the post and replaced them with more pertinent topics. Thank you!

Apologies !!

• Aaron Douglass Bailey
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #10

But - 

So - you can import with first and last names separated without the feature - but you can't view or use the data until it is enabled. 

Once it is enabled, you should be able to import the full name and pipedrive will split it into the f/l fields automatically. 

Request the feature on the pipedrive chat: 

("Please could you enable first and last name default fields")