Restrict who can reopen closed deals

Laura Maier
Laura Maier Member Posts: 23
First Anniversary First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi!

How can I restrict user groups so they can't reopen previously closed deals?

Having this feature automatically enabled is giving me a hard time as users reopen and close deals, the won time changes and the won revenue suddenly disappears in the financial quarter I used to report it in. I know I can change the won time but first of all I have to find the reson for the sudden deviations in my reporting.

Can anyone advise please?

Thank you!

Comments

• Susan Patterson
    Susan Patterson Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #2

I'm having an issue being able to see and re-open a closed deal and I am admin.  Did you ever get an answer from them?

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 173
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited September 2021 #3

Hi Laura and Susan,

Thank you so much for reaching us.

Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. If a user has access to a deal, they will be able to edit it pretty much fully, including closing and reopening. One possible way to go around this is to change the visibility and owner of won deals so that regular users no longer have access to them. This could be done via an automation, for example.

I will be sure however to send your feedback to our product team. Feedback is very important to us and we forward it directly to our product team through an internal channel, so I can ensure you that your feedback is valued and taken into consideration.

To stay updated on new features, you can follow our What's Planned and What's New pages. :)

Kind regards,
    Andreia

• Susan Patterson
    Susan Patterson Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2021 #4

I'm having an issue being able to see and re-open a closed deal and I am admin.  Did you ever get an answer from them?

I am the ADMIN and the user and yet the deal is closed and I can not access it.

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 173
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited September 2021 #5

Hi again, Susan,

In that case, could you kindly contact our lovely support team so they can check what might be going on?

Thank you!
    Andreia