Automating Marketing Status for Contact Imports via Zapier

Options
Samwise Holmes
Samwise Holmes Member Posts: 4

Our subscribers do so via a Google Form. A Zapier Automation imports those contacts into Pipedrive. 

In order to automatically mark them as Subscribed, this would need either:

1. Zapier to have access to edit the field "Marketing Status"
  2. (longer workaround) Pipedrive Workflow Automation have access to edit the field "Marketing Status"

#2 is a bit more fiddly, because it means we have to upload a contact via Zapier with a unique label and then set a PD Workflow Automation to find them and change the Marketing Status.

Comments

• Janis Rozenblats
    Janis Rozenblats Posts: 169 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited March 2022 #2
    Options

@Samwise Holmes this is another great piece of feedback. 👍

As Campaigns is still in Beta, we've not released our API publicly, and therefore current marketplace integrations have not yet been updated.

Both options that you mentioned will be possible fairly soon as we know the manual marketing status update is a challenge for many active users already.  

• Janis Rozenblats
    Janis Rozenblats Posts: 169 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited March 2022 #3
    Options

@Samwise Holmes this is another great piece of feedback. 👍

As Campaigns is still in Beta, we've not released our API publicly, and therefore current marketplace integrations have not yet been updated.

Both options that you mentioned will be possible fairly soon as we know the manual marketing status update is a challenge for many active users already.  

@Samwise Holmes just wanted to share Campaigns API documentation that we've released recently. This might be helpful to build a more integrated solution. 
    Zapier integration is being updated as well. 

Workflow automation has also been updated to include the Marketing Status field as an action. 

Also, LeadBooster webforms can be used to automatically subscribe contacts. 

• Brian Sheffield
    Options

I know this is an old thread, but I just needed to set this up but I'm not seeing Marketing Automation as an option in the Update Person Fields. I'm on a Live Chat with PipeDrive and the agent just told me that the field isn't available.

So should I be able to use it or not?

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Options

I can confirm that this is not available in any of these options:

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

Hi everyone, we all need to start moaning at PD in unison here to get them to take some action.

See my post here:

Please start complaining otherwise they just ignore us.

• Graham Cox
    Options

Hi everyone,

An update.

I spoke to a member of the Pipedrive management team today and he said this about:

"I can assure you these concerns are noted. We understand the need for updating marketing status via our Workflow Automations however cannot provide an ETA on its addition. In regards to Zapier being able to update this field, this falls under Zapier capabilities. The field is in our public API and can be updated via API, so Zapier does have the resource to make this addition."

So I've just raised a support ticket with Zapier saying:

Hi. I'm trying to use typeform to set the marketing status person field in Pipedrive to Subscribed. See this article: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/campaigns-marketing-contacts

This field is required for Pipedrive's newish campaign add-on (their email marketing platform). However this field is not visible in zapier when connecting to PD. I've spoken to Pipedrive management today and they say:

"In regards to Zapier being able to update this field, this falls under Zapier capabilities. The field is in our public API and can be updated via API, so Zapier does have the resource to make this addition."

The zap I'm trying to do this with is: 

"DYQ v4 Typeform Update to PD Deal (All Leads)

There's also multiple people in the PD community forum requesting this (thinking it's a PD issue):

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/10806/marketing-status-automation

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/7188/automating-marketing-status-for-contact-imports-via-zapier

Please can you make the marketing status PD field visible in Zapier urgently. I and many other users desperately need it. Thank you."

If you can all contact Zapier with a similar message this is more likely to get them to take action. The link to raise a support ticket is: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Graham

• Graham Cox
    Options

For anyone wanting zapier to allow the mapping to the marketing status field, please contact their support to push them to implement this. The more of us that do this, the greater the chances they'll implement it quickly. They responded same day to my request. See below:

Update from Zapier:

"At the moment, the Marketing Status field is not yet possible with our Pipedrive integration. Looking at our records, I can see we have an open feature request for the functionality you’re after.

While we do not have an ETA on when will this get implemented, I am going to let my team know that you were interested in this, too, and in the future should we be able to add this to our app, we will be happy to send you an email.

In case you need further assistance, do not hesitate to get back to us and I'll be happy to help you!"

• Graham Cox
    Options

Pipedrive, ultimately this is your responsibility to allow this via a workflow automation. We shouldn't have to rely on 3rd party tools to get such basic functionality working.

Selling Campaigns as an add-on without the ability to send an automated email to new subscribers (like every other marketing automation platform that operates globally manages to do) is like selling a car with a wheel missing.

Campaigns is not fit for purpose as is

Please PD, add this to workflow automations as an urgent priority. If you need us to provide a url for the 3rd party form we're using to get subscribers, fine. But please do this asap.

• Nic
    Nic Member Posts: 12
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

Fully agree with Graham... I'm having to use Zapier via an API call to update contacts to subscribed which is costing me a fortune in Zapier tasks when it really shouldn't. This should be built into Pipedrive from the start.

• Akojev
    Akojev Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Any update on this from Pipedrive?

This is also a deal-breaker for us. Both the missing automation and the redundant check box users have to check in order to set marketing status to "subscribed".

• Monika Martinsson
    Options

So now I've also bumped into this. Is it still not solved? Feels like a very obvious use case for the Campaign tool to send an automated email to new subscribers.

Any news on this topic from anyone?

• Code Candy
    Code Candy Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Our subscribers seamlessly join through a Google Form, and the magic happens with Zapier Automation, effortlessly importing them into Pipedrive. To automatically label them as Subscribed, it boils down to two options: either granting Zapier Automation direct access to edit the 'Marketing Status' field (swift and simple), or opting for a slightly more intricate approach where Pipedrive Workflow Automation gains the ability to handle the same, involving a unique label upload via Zapier followed by a Pipedrive search and update.

This discussion has been closed.