New: Easily Request eSignatures with PDFs and Google Sheets and Google Slides ✍️

Options
Manuel Oliveira
Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
edited July 2022 in What's New #1

What?

You can now upload and share quotes, proposals and contracts in PDF format and set up templates using Google Sheets and Google Slides.

For whom?
Smart Docs users on the Professional and Enterprise plan.

When?

Out now across all regions.

🔔  Be sure to follow What’s New? to get notified about all new product releases 🔔

Smart-Docs-Update-September-2021.png

Comments

• Aaron Douglass Bailey
    Aaron Douglass Bailey Member Posts: 43
    First Comment
    edited September 2021 #2
    Options

Great news - G sheets in Smart Docs will be very handy. 

• Gari Le Piquet
    Gari Le Piquet Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi, does this mean we can now send a PDF for eSignature, and have initials on each page? 

• Jeff Farrick
    Jeff Farrick Member Posts: 54
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited September 2021 #4
    Options

This is huge for my team. Sheets compatibility in Smart Docs was our missing link. I'll be playing with it today!

Thanks PD!
    Jeff

• Rebecca Wallace
    Rebecca Wallace Member Posts: 20
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

How do I import google sheet templates that I have made? When I go into the file they are in it does not show.  Most likely doing something wrong but can not figure it out. TIA

• Jeff Farrick
    edited September 2021 #6
    Options

How do I import google sheet templates that I have made? When I go into the file they are in it does not show.  Most likely doing something wrong but can not figure it out. TIA

Assuming you linked your drive to Smart Docs properly, and assuming you are creating the template in sheets first with the purpose of importing your template into smart docs, then this is how I did it:

Rather than manually locating the template, I suggest searching for the name of your template in the window that pops up after step # 3 in my first image. If you are unable to find the file still, I'd wager you should repeat setting up Smart Docs and making sure your note using two different drives.

• Jeff Farrick
    edited September 2021 #7
    Options

Hi, does this mean we can now send a PDF for eSignature, and have initials on each page? 

I just tested. You can upload any PDF for esignature, but it is still only a basic digital signature that is tied to the document as a whole. It does not function like Docusign yet where you can place individual fields throughout a document.

• Rebecca Wallace
    edited September 2021 #8
    Options

Mine does not show like yours, I setup how it told me to
  • Daniel Barlow
    Daniel Barlow Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

I'm struggling to try this out much like - Rebecca, I'm not getting the options to add slides or sheets ? we are currently trialling professional subscription so licensing cant be the issue ? Any guidance @Manuel Oliveira 

• Rebecca Wallace
    edited September 2021 #10
    Options

I'm struggling to try this out much like - Rebecca, I'm not getting the options to add slides or sheets ? we are currently trialling professional subscription so licensing cant be the issue ? Any guidance @Manuel Oliveira 

We are on the same plan so I am not sure what is going on. 

• Jeff Farrick
    edited September 2021 #11
    Options

I would reach out to the technical support chat inside the program. They have a great team and should be able to walk you through some troubleshooting.

• Phil Costantini
    Phil Costantini Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2021 #12
    Options

what is the cost of this add on?

• Wesley_49026
    Wesley_49026 Member Posts: 25
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2022 #13
    Options

Hi! Great improvement!

However, is it possible to customize the standard Pipedrive e-mail in which is asked for the signature? Thanks a lot!