Expand insights reporting to include cost metrics

Morten Sørensen
Morten Sørensen Member Posts: 5

Would it not be possible - and make sense - to expand on the capabilities within Insights, so that the cost metrics (cost per unit and direct costs) form part of the reporting? 

For instance, I would be fantastic to see a gross margin report that clearly shows what is earned on each deal and/or product sold. As we spend time inputting this cost data into the product catalogue, it seems like total waste that we cannot also report on that same data.  

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 173
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited October 2021 #2

Hi Morten,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with your feedback, it's really appreciated.

Unfortunately, none of these things is possible at the moment, but I can completely understand how they would be very useful. Your feedback has been forwarded directly to our product team through an internal channel, so I can ensure you that it is valued and taken into consideration.

To stay updated on new features, you can follow our What's Planned and What's New pages. :)

Have a lovely day!
    Andreia

• Mathias Brask
    Mathias Brask Member Posts: 51
    Photogenic 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2022 #3

Totally agree on this! 

Also it seems odd, that there is an option (when adding new products) to set the "Direct cost", but that cost is not shown when adding products to a deal, for calculating the gross margin. 

That could end up in situations where the sales agent is selling the product with a discount, that is more than the cost of the product. Ending up with the company / ourself, paying for the client and the products sold even more than expected. Since the earnings are now gone. 

This could be prevented with a "Direct cost" column in the "Adding products to a deal view", and when calculating the total price of the deal/offer, there could be shown a field with a value of "Gross margin", where a little logic could be very needy. For example "if negative = shows red".

Later on, it could be expanded with a threshold-setting or something similiar in the backend/company setting.