Email tracking from email client and notifications when an email is read

Michael Daoud
Michael Daoud Member Posts: 8
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Suggestion: Ability to track emails directly from within Outlook and display a pop-up notification when an email is ready.  Experienced this in Hubspot CRM and was extremely helpful.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2022 #2

Hi @Michael Daoud , thank you for your suggestion!

Just to make it clear, what you're thinking of would be using Pipedrive's email tracking feature but straight from within Outlook and have that information feed into Pipedrive too, is that correct?

• David Spear
    David Spear Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

We came from Nimble, and their Google Mail extension allowed you to track emails within gmail.  It would be very helpful if that was available as well as many of my team members still send emails from Gmail but can't track the email now.  THis same issue is for calendars.  They almost all set up their meetings via calendar, because they are starting to use Google Meet, and it is a simple click within Google calendar set up!

• Michael Daoud
    edited February 2022 #4

Oi Ines,

Yes, since I manage all emails from Outlook, it is much easier to send and receive emails from within Outlook rather than send some emails from Outlook and some from Pipedrive.  With Hubspot CRM every email I send from within Outlook is tracked automatically.  When it's opened, I am notified in Windows, on my iPhone and on my Apple watch.  Very cool...  No need to go and look to see if someone opened the email.  I'm just notified automatically.  Hope this helps.  This would be an awesome addition to Pipedrive.  

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #5

Oi Ines,

Yes, since I manage all emails from Outlook, it is much easier to send and receive emails from within Outlook rather than send some emails from Outlook and some from Pipedrive.  With Hubspot CRM every email I send from within Outlook is tracked automatically.  When it's opened, I am notified in Windows, on my iPhone and on my Apple watch.  Very cool...  No need to go and look to see if someone opened the email.  I'm just notified automatically.  Hope this helps.  This would be an awesome addition to Pipedrive.  

Thank you for giving more details on your use case @Michael Daoud , it definitely helps! I've made sure your suggestion reaches our team for consideration.

• Inês Batata
    edited May 2020 #6

We came from Nimble, and their Google Mail extension allowed you to track emails within gmail.  It would be very helpful if that was available as well as many of my team members still send emails from Gmail but can't track the email now.  THis same issue is for calendars.  They almost all set up their meetings via calendar, because they are starting to use Google Meet, and it is a simple click within Google calendar set up!

Hi @David Spear , thank you for your input!

I recommend you try out our Calendar Sync (in the 2-way option) to rest your mind at ease that you're looking at all your bookings regardless of whether you're working in PIpedrive or Google Calendar. While you're at it, you might also want to take a look at the Scheduler feature, which will read your calendar and manage your available slots to make sure there's no double bookings or tons of time spent trying to find a good slot for both people to meet. 

I've also forwarded your suggestion about email tracking through our Gmail app to the team.

• David Spear
    David Spear Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #7

Hi Ines,  I already use both that way.  THx

• Michael Daoud
    edited September 2020 #8

Oi Ines,

Thank you!

• Mike Williams_11979
    Mike Williams_11979 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #9

Ines Batata, What is current status & priority of this tracking of email opening ?  Very helpful, not uncommon now. Thanks

• Aaron Yi
    Aaron Yi Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #10

We live in Gmail, it will be very helpful if we can use the mail tracking feature inside Gmail(G Suite),

We don't want to use other tracking tools or compose emails in PipeDrive.

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #11

Ines Batata, What is current status & priority of this tracking of email opening ?  Very helpful, not uncommon now. Thanks

Hi @Mike Williams , at the moment there are no direct plans for it but the team noted down your suggestion for when they'll work on updates again.

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #12
    Aaron Yi said:

We live in Gmail, it will be very helpful if we can use the mail tracking feature inside Gmail(G Suite),

Hi @Aaron Yi , currently this is not in our immediate plans. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

• Minhaz Moosa
    Minhaz Moosa Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 2021 #13

@Inês Batata @Mike Williams @Michael Daoud 

@Mike van der Valk FYI

We would love this feature. Our sales team actually use HubSpot (as well as pipedrive) for this very feature.

There is an outlook add in and tracks all emails sent from our sales team. We receive notifications when these emails are opened through the mobile app or the desktop HubSpot app. so we can follow up (if needed)

What's also really good is that when we go into our sent items in Outlook of any email that is tracked - it actually tells us when that email was opened last.

It's a really good tool and you  would get more buy in especially from all the potentially users that are integrated with outlook/365.

• Chris Markakis
    Chris Markakis Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021 #14

I agree guys. 

Have your extension to track email an allow alerts.

This is a must please! 

New user,

Chris

• Steven Tripp
    Steven Tripp Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2021 #15
    Aaron Yi said:

Is it in the plans now? This is a pretty big hole in the pipedrive feature set.

• Laurence Girard
    Laurence Girard Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2021 #16

Hi, I would like to mention that this feature would really be helpful and would facilitate the transition from my old CRM. I have to continue to work and send/receive email as I'm configurating my pipedrive board. It's a lot to get used to at first so to continue to manage my mails from Outllok with the option to keep tracking them directly in it would really help to not lose track in the transition. 

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2021 #17
    Aaron Yi said:

Thank you for your continued interest @Steven Tripp , I've reinforced your suggestion internally with the team.

At the moment we have no news about this, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

• Michael Seistrup
    Michael Seistrup Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2021 #18

Oi Ines,

Sadly, why I'm thinking of leaving Pipedrive. Such a shame as super easy to implement.

• Perry_40822
    Perry_40822 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2021 #19

We use G-suite and having the abilty to see if an email has been read or not within PD would be ideal. 

Currently we are bouncing back and forth between Gmail / G-Suite and PD.

Integrating this feature into PD would be amazing.

Thanks,

Perry