Products Category

Erik Scott
Erik Scott Member Posts: 2

Anybody what the purpose of the field Category is in Products?  I like the idea of it but when adding a Product to a deal there is no way to filter by Category so you are forced to add the Category name to the Product name.  It would be nice if you could filter by Category and then select the Product from the Category.

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Erik Scott , and thank you for your feedback!

Organizing your Products in to categories will allow you to filter them in the list view, but like you said unfortunately currently it's not possible to use that categorization when adding them to a Deal, which would make sense and also save time.

The Products are a feature we're still making improvements to, and the way it cross-references with other parts of PIpedrive is one of those improvements. The workaround you're using is a good one and I'm going to relay your suggestion internally to our team for consideration (I would imagine this is already in their plans but it doesn't hurt).

Thank you for your patience and keep your eyes peeled for news about Products in the future. Consider joining the Research and Beta Testing group and you'll get the chance to try out early versions of these new or improved features we're working on. 🚀

• Patrick_4021
    Patrick_4021 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2020 #3

Organizing your Products in to categories will allow you to filter them in the list view, but like you said unfortunately currently it's not possible to use that categorization when adding them to a Deal, which would make sense and also save time.

The Products are a feature we're still making improvements to, and the way it cross-references with other parts of PIpedrive is one of those improvements. The workaround you're using is a good one and I'm going to relay your suggestion internally to our team for consideration (I would imagine this is already in their plans but it doesn't hurt).

Thank you for your patience and keep your eyes peeled for news about Products in the future. Consider joining the Research and Beta Testing group and you'll get the chance to try out early versions of these new or improved features we're working on. 🚀

Hi @Inês Batata I think this would be great if it become possbile to filter out the categories in the dashboard e.g. Just like "how many products of category A did we sell" Compared to B and so on.  

BR Patrick

• Inês Batata
    edited June 2020 #4

Thank you @Patrick , I've sent your suggestion to our team so they can consider it!

• Per Martin Mortensen
    Per Martin Mortensen Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #5

@Inês Batata Any updates regarding this issue? Also is it possible to change the category letters? i'm excited to hear back from you. 

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #6

@Inês Batata Any updates regarding this issue? Also is it possible to change the category letters? i'm excited to hear back from you. 

@Per Martin Mortensen  I'm afraid not at the moment. It's on the backlog of ideas, no near term plans unfortunately. The hardest job is to prioritise all ideas and suggestions from all our customers. This one hasn't made the cut yet unfortunately.

I'd like to understand your second question better: what do you mean by "change the category letters" ?

• Laura Maier
    Laura Maier Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7

Hello,

just wanted to check in on this topic as well. Is there any way to produce reports by product category?

At the moment, I can only report by deal and total of all products  within the deal but I can't see the portion of a certain product category within a deal.

Can you help with tis, please?

Thank you!

• Harri Honkala
    Harri Honkala Member Posts: 37
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited September 2021 #8

Hello,

just wanted to check in on this topic as well. Is there any way to produce reports by product category?

At the moment, I can only report by deal and total of all products  within the deal but I can't see the portion of a certain product category within a deal.

Thank you!

@Inês Batata I would also very much like the opportunity to create reports for product categories. Is there light at the end of the tunnel for this one?

• Avior Byron
    Avior Byron Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021 #9

Yeee. make it work!

• Taruun Vaiddya
    Taruun Vaiddya Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2021 #10

Hello,

Thank you!

I am also interested in creating reports and dashboards based on product categories. I would also like the ability to create category-wise goals. Would appreciate an update in this regard. Thanks!

• Laura Maier
    edited February 2021 #11

Hello,

Thank you!

@Inês Batata do you have any good news regarding this topic please?

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2022 #12

Hi @Harri Honkala @Taruun Vaiddya @Laura Maier-McAuley @Manager !

Good news, this has been possible for a while now, as announced here. Follow this tutorial to see how to do it: Insights reports: Deal Performance and learn all about Insights here.

Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line so you never miss out:

• 🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • 🌟 Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • 🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

Learn all about any of Pipedrive’s features from our Knowledge Base tutorials in your preferred language and our Academy video courses. Simply search for your topic!

• Harri Honkala
    Harri Honkala Member Posts: 37
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2021 #13

Good news, this has been possible for a while now, as announced here. Follow this tutorial to see how to do it: Insights reports: Deal Performance and learn all about Insights here.

Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line so you never miss out:

• 🔮 Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • 🧪 Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

Learn all about any of Pipedrive’s features from our Knowledge Base tutorials in your preferred language and our Academy video courses. Simply search for your topic!

Hi @Inês Batata ,

This is great feature as well but actually I was talkin about product categories. I have couple of different categories all with many different products. It would be nice to have the ability to create report showing the performance of category A, B and C individually.  

• Laura Maier
    edited February 2021 #14

HI @Inês Batata ,

thank you for pointing into that direction.

What I am actually looking for is an export of data which gives me the opportunity to run product based reports outside of Pipedrive.

Could you make this available?

Also, I would like to report on sales velocity outside of Pipedrive and am looking at a report which covers number of days per sales stage (or date entry/exit of sales stage). This data is obviously available as you offer Pipedrive based insights with it - But I would really like to export this information in an excel format.

Looking forward to receiving your feedback! :)

• Taruun Vaiddya
    Taruun Vaiddya Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021 #15

I have the same request as @Harri Honkala . I believe @Martin Sandén also asked for the same in the post shared by @Inês Batata (ref.: the comments section).

Can you please assist in getting this request added to the list of features being developed around Products and Insights?

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2021 #16

Hi again everyone, happy to see you're all interested in this :)@Harri Honkala @Taruun Vaiddya @Laura Maier-McAuley @Manager @Martin Sandén 

I will reinforce this request with the team so they can take your suggestion into consideration when developing improvements in the future. 

Products and Insights are both things we intend to expand on but I don't have more information at the moment. This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

In the meantime, I suggest you take a look at the Analytics integrations available in our marketplace, as they allow you to extract data from Pipedrive and create other types of reports. 

• Dasatha Properties
    Dasatha Properties Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #17

In the Current Context, is it possible to add new categories and place the deals under those categories?

If Yes, How can I do that ?