Company Financial Year setting

Paul Hutton
Paul Hutton Member Posts: 1
5 Up Votes

Hi - it would be really useful if, in settings" I could tell pipedrive when my financial year started and finished (which is not the same as the calendar year. Is this possible or on the list to be done?

9 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2020 #2

Hi @Paul Hutton !

You can choose customized time periods for your reporting by using the calendar from the "Custom Period" option in Progress > Reports and in Progress > Insights:

Progress > Reports

Progress > Insights

That being said, I understand that your ideal solution would be to set a fixed time interval to be used in your account by default, and indeed that is not possible at the moment. I will forward your suggestion to our team for consideration.

• Paul McKenna
    Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

Definitely, we can't use the quarterly function for reporting

• Inês Batata
    edited June 2020 #4

Definitely, we can't use the quarterly function for reporting

Hi @Paul McKenna , thank you for your feedback!

I would suggest using the custom time period option highlighted in the answer above.

• Amber Cawley
    Amber Cawley Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited June 2022 #5

Whilst we can use the Custom time period... ideally we want to be able to use the existing product functionality based on our Australian financial year. As Paul mentions, the quarterly function is so important to get an instant picture and we have to manually create reports that already exist in the system for a calendar year. Frustrating.

• Peter Pavement
    Peter Pavement Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #6

As a recent convert to Pipedrive from a rival CRM, I would also like to be able to align with our financial year, (which is not a calendar year) and to be able to view reports based on this without having to make manual adjustments. The CIA World Factbook has a handy list of all the different financial years used in different countries. Businesses (your current and potential customers) that are based in those countries will tend to align their years with that of their country. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/228.html

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #7

As a recent convert to Pipedrive from a rival CRM, I would also like to be able to align with our financial year, (which is not a calendar year) and to be able to view reports based on this without having to make manual adjustments. The CIA World Factbook has a handy list of all the different financial years used in different countries. Businesses (your current and potential customers) that are based in those countries will tend to align their years with that of their country. https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/228.html

Thank you for the tip @Peter Pavement , this is quite useful! 

I've sent this suggestion to our team internally so that they can take it into consideration for future developments. Unfortunately with many customers and requests and with limited development resources we need to prioritise and make choices what to deliver first.

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Olivier Lanctôt
    Olivier Lanctôt Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2021 #8

This could be also a really good feature, it"s not alle the company around the world , even here in Canada that have the same Financial or Fiscal year . As per our exemple our financial year is from 1st of November to the 31st of october of the next year. I think that just havingthe otpion of determined the initial data of a finacial year will help us a lot. because right now , the option of showing "Last quarter" doesn't fit in our specific sales planning.  Hope you'll have answer from your team on that ... 

• Lluís Pascual
    Lluís Pascual Member Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited April 2021 #9

Hi, I have the same question here. I'm using a revenue reporting to control our sales YTD. There will be great to have a Filter option listed "this year". Every 1st of January I need to change manually the dates of the filter to have the current year sales. 

Until today, I have not found any solution automatically within the system. Thank you, Lluís

• Brad_4395
    Brad_4395 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #10

Same request from me. Such a hassle having to keep dashboard and reports up to date because we do not work to a calendar year. Can we include an option to include "This FY" where this can be specified under company settings?

• Lluís Pascual
    Lluís Pascual Member Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited April 2021 #11
    Brad said:

Same request from me. Such a hassle having to keep dashboard and reports up to date because we do not work to a calendar year. Can we include an option to include "This FY" where this can be specified under company settings?

Totally agree. It is a bit complicated to manage a YTD revenue report when we need to change the dates criteria every January (or other month depending on each company). I don't understand why the system is offering too many options to filtering dates and not a "This Year". 

• Nirmal Gyanwali
    Nirmal Gyanwali Member Posts: 26
    First Comment
    edited July 2021 #12

Same request from here. Not sure if there has been any update from the PipeDrive team on this.

• Olivier Lanctôt
    edited June 2022 #13

Hello Ines , 6 months without any follow up on these from you or your teams  ? Were's our request in your PIpeline of Pipedrive .....  ? LOL ... 

• David Deering
    David Deering Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2021 #14

Same request for a client, adjustable financial year reporting start dates would be very helpful

• Philip Hurwitz
    Philip Hurwitz Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #15

Any follow up on this request? It would make viewing deals so much more meaningful if your quarters matched mine, and I could look at an entire fiscal year. 

• Stanford de Jong
    Stanford de Jong Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited June 2022 #16

I have the same need. It seems Pipedrive is not too interested in addressing this feature. How do we "promote" this feature to the PD product owner/developers? It seems a self-evident and ubiquitous need.

• Olivier Lanctôt
    edited June 2022 #17

@Inês Batata , I think that with a year and a half  of request for a option to put our Fiscal year in the CRM and be able to track and present data that are aligned with our company fiscal year ,,, It'S time for the Pipedrive team that you listen and act on their demand.... 

• Olivier Lanctôt
    edited June 2022 #18

@Inês Batata @Dev Pipedrive @Adm Pipedrive @Pipedrive , I think that with a year and a half  of request for a option to put our Fiscal year in the CRM and be able to track and present data that are aligned with our company fiscal year ,,, It'S time for the Pipedrive team that you listen and act on their demand....

• Harj Gadhvi
    Harj Gadhvi Member Posts: 17
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

I echo all the comments in this feed, having the ability to set up your company fiscal year is a must. This is standard functionality in most CRM systems.

• Adam Leaver
    Adam Leaver Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

This is the single biggest issue I have - the custom date range is a pain but worse you can;t see a single figure for sales in the financial year, and are having to add over quarterly outside the CRM it's such a fundamental part of the process I am surprised this is even a discussion.

• James Pacey
    James Pacey Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary

I also have this issue - there needs to be a way to easily synchronise quarterly reporting in PipeDrive with the reporting periods used elsewhere in your business.

• jamesm
    jamesm Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

This is also an issue for us. For example today (March 28 2023) Pipedrive reports that are grouped by week say it's "Week 13 2023". But our fiscal year ends 30th June so all our other systems know it's Week 39. It would be really helpful to be able to set 30th June as the last day of the fiscal year.

• Gareth Archer
    Gareth Archer Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Has there been any further progress on this?

• JLines
    JLines Member Posts: 2

Please prioritize this functionality request. Having the ability to define year-end and quarter-end is critical. Not having this could render this CRM unusable for many companies.

• Keith Pound
    Keith Pound Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

Another vote from me. Our FY runs from 1st May, so I must use custom filters in the pipeline and Insights.

• stevemebs
    stevemebs Member Posts: 2

Yes please to this feature! We are currently investigating Pipedrive alternatives because we are constantly exporting data out of Pipedrive into spreadsheets and Airtables because we can't view information by our financial year (Sept-Aug). We also can't track goals! Our quarterly and annual goals don't fit into the normal Jan-Dec financial year, so the feature is useless and we use a Google Doc instead (again making us want to find a Pipedrive alternative).

• JLines
    JLines Member Posts: 2

Likewise, from the above comment. We will be migrating to another CRM if this functionality isn't added by the time our next billing cycle starts. You are likely losing new business by not having this feature. We were recently acquired, that's why our FY changed. We would have eliminated Pipedrive as an option if we had 4-4-5 FY at the time of purchase.

• Yes please. We need this too.

• Ale3k6
    Ale3k6 Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2023 #29

Hey, @pipedrive_ux !

Could you please confirm if there is a built-in feature for changing the fiscal year date? 

If not, please let us change the date of the default one. Implementing this feature is technically straightforward and extremely useful.

• Mark Casey RIS
    Mark Casey RIS Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

This functionality is required for reporting as it looks strange when you get two bar charts when will this be avalible as it is a comman request and has been asked for for some time

• RobertL
    RobertL Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

This is essential functionality. We are currently investigating Pipedrive, but will choose an alternative if this option is not available.