Linking multiple Organizations to a Deal

Richard Hoffmann
Richard Hoffmann Member Posts: 5
5 Up Votes First Comment

Hej, we are operating a 2-sided matchmaking business model and would require linking 2 different organizations to 1 deal.  There could be a primary and a secondary organization. However, making this possible in anyway would be a great booster to businesses that operate a multi-sided platform.

Thanks for your feedback!
Richard

7 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 848
    5 Likes Premier Solution Provider First Anniversary First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2

@Richard Hoffmann -- can you achieve this now with custom fields? 

• Richard Hoffmann
    Richard Hoffmann Member Posts: 5
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2020 #3

@Richard Hoffmann -- can you achieve this now with custom fields? 

Hi Boris, Thanks! We already do this as a hackaround. However, as deals are not directly connected to the companies we push into a custom field, we cannot enable our sales teams that much... its more of a side note but nothing we can sustainably work with, filter by, create activities on, or build a automation on. 

What would you suggest?

• Paul_5750
    Paul_5750 Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2020 #4

We have a need for Multiple organisations set on a deal. Offering services we sometimes have a third party (a management company) that will call on behalf of one or many of its customers. It gets tricky because many scenarios are possible. Quite often these management companies act only as a shoppers making not decision nor paying. But all other combination of roles are possible. For us it is complicated to determine who is the real customer which should be the one paying but to whom we sometimes never interact with. 

In conclusion having more than one organisation on a deal better fit our reality. 

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited September 2020 #5

In our industry (mortgage financing) we face a similar problem. 

The "organization" in most deals is the family that is borrowing money for the purchase of a home. The people in the organization are the applicant/borrowers. 

The deal should include not only one other organization. For us there is a lender/bank. There is also an appraiser (how much is the property worth), an inspector (what condition is the property in), a referral partner (who gave us the lead) and a lawyer (who finalizes the transaction). Each of these organizations must receive templated-email and each has roles, tasks and automations. 

I would ask Pipedrive to allow a deal to have multiple non-primary organizations to be associated to a deal, and be able to reference all organization information in templated email and automations. 

Big project! Valuable to us! 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #6

Hi everyone, great discussion! Nice to see members helping each other out and exchanging ideas here. 🙂

While it's possible to link multiple people to the same deal as Participants, it's currently not possible to link different Organizations (other than creating a custom field to list them, but they still won't be associated with the deal in the classic sense).

@Richard Hoffmann @Boris Tsibelman @Paul @Joseph Valenti I'm going to send your feedback internally for our team's consideration. Thank you for illustrating your use cases, it's very relevant information to us.

• Tim Goss
    Tim Goss Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #7

Similar to Joseph.  In real estate we will have a deal that will have a 2 Realtors, Lender, Title, Home Warranty, Inspector, Contractor, ect...  It would be a great way to link each organization to a deal.  

• Rob Sutton
    Rob Sutton Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #8

As the OP above -  I enquired about the same functionality. We often have multiple organisations bidding on the same deal(tendering) - including them all as separate deals  for each organisation inflates the forecast figures and makes updating the deal very long winded!

A solution rather other than a work a round would be most welcome!

https://community.pipedrive.com/question/who-else-could-see-the-benefit-of-multi-organisation-deals-for-where-you-ve--5f85ab009adadd2793ff76f2

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #9

As the OP above -  I enquired about the same functionality. We often have multiple organisations bidding on the same deal(tendering) - including them all as separate deals  for each organisation inflates the forecast figures and makes updating the deal very long winded!

A solution rather other than a work a round would be most welcome!

https://community.pipedrive.com/question/who-else-could-see-the-benefit-of-multi-organisation-deals-for-where-you-ve--5f85ab009adadd2793ff76f2

Hi @Rob Sutton , thank you for your feedback!

Currently  your best bet would be to create Organization-type custom fields for that main deal. At the moment we have no news about this, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

Speaking of which, here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Martin Brodersen
    Martin Brodersen Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #10

Hi everyone, great discussion! Nice to see members helping each other out and exchanging ideas here. 🙂

While it's possible to link multiple people to the same deal as Participants, it's currently not possible to link different Organizations (other than creating a custom field to list them, but they still won't be associated with the deal in the classic sense).

@Richard Hoffmann @Boris Tsibelman @Paul @Joseph Valenti I'm going to send your feedback internally for our team's consideration. Thank you for illustrating your use cases, it's very relevant information to us.

Hi PipeDrive support team

What is the update on the ability to link several organizations to an organization?

In our team we are often coming across a parent company with several subsidiaries where we have the need to link the different companies to the parent organization.

• Leopold Goess
    Leopold Goess Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2022 #11
    Tim Goss said:

Similar to Joseph.  In real estate we will have a deal that will have a 2 Realtors, Lender, Title, Home Warranty, Inspector, Contractor, ect...  It would be a great way to link each organization to a deal.  

Same here! Also it would be nice to add the different organisations with a "role" to the deal/lead, e.g. "Acrhitect", "Investor" etc.

• TXwildman
    TXwildman Member Posts: 9
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

I have a similar use case. In enterprise IT sales, I have a OEM, a Reseller, a Distributor, and an End User....all for one opportunity. That's not even taking into consideration when I have a "consultant" that is brought in from one of those entities or another solution partner either. There is a GREAT need to be able to have multiple orgs organically "linked" to a deal. I tried using the "projects" feature, but it seems to be less functionality in this regard for some reason.

I understand the work-around and do this, but as others have stated, it's not the same functionality that other CRM providers have featured. I've used many different CRMs over my 30 years in sales and so far, I'm very impressed with what Pipedrive offers that I need. But if you want to grab a whole other level of clientele, these are some updates and functionality that will need to be addressed and materialized, not with a work-around.

• Bronwen Fraser
    Bronwen Fraser Member Posts: 16
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Ditto to many of the above. We deal with Brokers who can represent more than one Organization. I created a custom field so the Organization has a link to their "Broker", but under the Broker, especially if they rep more than one Organization, I have to create a separate field for each. It would be great to have just one custom field in which I could put in multiple Organizations.

• Jos Eikhout
    Jos Eikhout Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

We deal with data sharing and this is mandatory for us as data sharing is always between multiple organisations

• DGill
    DGill Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hi there,

Has there been any update on this functionality? Linking more than one (multiple organizations) i.e. related organizations to a parent company or consortium would be extremely useful.

Thanks!

• IIEM
    IIEM Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hi there,

Has there been any update on this functionality?

We have leads where we bid to different main contractors who are bidding for a single tender, which will get awarded to only one of them. If we create different leads, it creates an artifical volume of sent proposals. We would like to have all the organizations we have bidded to.

We also have cases where we have different organizatons involved, like consultants.

Best regards,

• 604Blue
    604Blue Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2023 #17

I don't understand why this hasn't been solved already. Many organizations bid sub-contract proposals for construction and service contracts. Tracking multiple bids hoping that one of the people you bid got the contract and that they awarded the contract to you is the main reason we use CRM. This is my third attempt at using Pipedrive and the workaround is not acceptable. Why do I need to invest in a custom Salesforce solution when my firm is not unique?

Maybe this will help. We want to track all the associated detail of the project. We also want to track all the companies we bid to and did not bid to... At the end we want to track who gave us a PO. We also want this information available to help us be successful in getting the PO. Workarounds don't enable us to see PEOPLE WE HAVE BID BUT NEVER BUY FROM US.

Intelligence is in the data. Workarounds rob us from seeing the bigger picture.

• Jmckenna
    Jmckenna Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

I would like to echo all of the above and especially 604Blue's comment. The ability to include multiple organizations in one deal would be a huge benefit to our organization as well. The data would help us to decide if and when we will or will not use valuable resources to pursue a deal with a particular organization.

• bhendrickx88
    bhendrickx88 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Same challenge, same support for this request. We're a software organisation and often work with consultants or resellers on the same deal.

• Jack_BMM
    Jack_BMM Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

Resurfacing the above concerns as well... we work with independently-owned retail stores and often one contact determines whether you're doing business with 3+ locations. Would be nice to link these locations (organizations) all to one deal for simplicity of tracking.

• moseshewetson
    moseshewetson Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Adding my comment after following this with exasperation. (if that is a thing)

We target construction projects. Influencers in a deal involve Architects, Engineers and construction companies. We talk to all three throughout a project and need to reflect this on both the deal and the organisation pages.

Please @Pipedriveadmin !!!

• Henmik
    Henmik Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment

Hi! We would also like to know if this is something that you guys will concider in the future. We want to make one lead or salesagreement to several companies, as we might sell to a mother company or sister companies (with same owners) it would be much easier to just combine them all in one lead. Also: Would really like to be able to send an email to the companys email and not just the company contactpersons email, from the lead or sales opportunity itself. Thanks!!

@Pipedriveadmin