Contacts and Deals sync with Calendar Activities

Options
Yewande @ OTITỌ
Yewande @ OTITỌ Member Posts: 8
First Comment 5 Up Votes

Hi all. Is there a way to automatically have my contacts and active deals sync with calendar activities? I have synced my Google Calendar with Pipedrive. However, I noticed that although my meetings show up in my activities (which is what I want), the contact and deal fields are blank. It doesn't automatically recognise the contact in the meeting invite and show their name in Persons. And it doesn't recognise there is an open deal and link them. Is there something I'm doing wrong? 

Any help here would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Yewande @ OTITỌ , thank you for your feedback!

You're not doing anything wrong. At the moment the calendar sync is not designed to recognize the contact from an external calendar and look for potential deal matches, but I can definitely see how that could be a plus, so I've sent your suggestion internally for consideration.

The good news is that activities that get synced from PIpedrive to your external calendar (Google Calendar or other) can carry the info about the Contact and the Deal in the notes.

• Yewande @ OTITỌ
    Yewande @ OTITỌ Member Posts: 8
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2020 #3
    Options

You're not doing anything wrong. At the moment the calendar sync is not designed to recognize the contact from an external calendar and look for potential deal matches, but I can definitely see how that could be a plus, so I've sent your suggestion internally for consideration.

The good news is that activities that get synced from PIpedrive to your external calendar (Google Calendar or other) can carry the info about the Contact and the Deal in the notes.

Thanks @Inês Batata .  It would be such a helpful feature! If/when this becomes a  feature, how will I know?  

• Inês Batata
    edited July 2020 #4
    Options

@Yewande @ OTITỌ We always announce these here in the Community and in the Pipedrive newsletter, so stay tuned to those. 

The Research and Beta Testing channel is also an excellent place to know what's coming up, make sure to join it.

• Marc_4400
    Marc_4400 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

Hello, is there any progress on this? I also have integrated my agenda, but meetings don't show up in my deal overview and this is a real miss for me, as I need to have quite a lot of meetings over a long time before I close deals....

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2021 #6
    Options
    Marc said:

Hello, is there any progress on this? I also have integrated my agenda, but meetings don't show up in my deal overview and this is a real miss for me, as I need to have quite a lot of meetings over a long time before I close deals....

Hi @Marc , thank you for your interest!

At the moment we have no news about this, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

I suggest creating your activities in Pipedrive itself, where you can link them with any deal, person and organization you like and even add notes that only you can see to that activity - the Calendar Sync will take care of sending that information to your external agenda.

This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

Learn all about any of Pipedrive’s features from our Knowledge Base tutorials in your preferred language and our Academy video courses. Simply search for your topic.

• Sam Aparicio
    Sam Aparicio Member Posts: 10
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary Integration Partner
    Options

I would like to see this enhancement to how the calendar sync works implemented. "Childless" activities (not linked to any other object in Pipedrive) are of very questionable value.

OK you can use them to track volume / effort, but those activities "Did I have a meeting with this prospect already?" would be so much more valuable in context, and you can't expect sales reps to go back and link all their meetings by hand. (Is "by hand" ever a good idea when it comes to sales tech?)

I can understand that there would be some spec-type questions that are tricky, but at least implementing the very basic heuristic of: "meeting invitee" email matches contact, contact associated with open deal, associate activity with deal, contact and organization would cover 90% of the linking needed.

• Neil Cameron
    Neil Cameron Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

+1 for this. Huge miss that when prospects book in with me, I have to manually connect the activity to the lead.