REquesting LEAD SOURCE Field in new Leads Section

Options
Leise Roberts
Leise Roberts Member Posts: 1

We've been uploading all of our leads as new Contacts, and we measure sales velocity from when the lead is entered into PipeDrive.  We have established LEAD SOURCE criteria that we use to report up to our Board.  We like the new LEADS section but it is utterly useless for us because the LEAD SOURCE field is excluded.  New leads can only be tagged as Imported, manual or LeadBooster.  These are not relevant fields for us --we don't really care how the lead gets entered into PD as much as where did it come from.  how do I market to specific leads from a specific conference when I can only designate them as Imported?  Please add the same Lead Source field to this section so I can measure accurately.  

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2020 #2
    Options

Hi @Leise Roberts , thank you for your feedback and for describing your use case so clearly, we really appreciate it.

Your suggestions are very valid and we are working on introducing these kinds of improvements into the Leads Inbox, so that the experience is more similar to using a list view like you do in other parts of Pipedrive, as well as having some additional abilities. Stay tuned for good news in the future. 

This type of feedback is very useful to us and I've made sure to forward it to our team for consideration. 🚀

• Sophia Wormall
    Sophia Wormall Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Any progress on this? Like Leise, we have custom fields already in use for lead and deal source so we track and report on marketing efforts. I can see "Source" in leads but it doesn't seem editable, nor does it seem to transfer over when converted to a deal? It's vital to prospecting to track lead source.

It'd also be useful to have some support when new features are released. We have found workarounds for a number of gaps in the system in the past, but once these have been addressed we then need to try to move to the new ways of working. It can be challenging at times..

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #4
    Options

Any progress on this? Like Leise, we have custom fields already in use for lead and deal source so we track and report on marketing efforts. I can see "Source" in leads but it doesn't seem editable, nor does it seem to transfer over when converted to a deal? It's vital to prospecting to track lead source.

It'd also be useful to have some support when new features are released. We have found workarounds for a number of gaps in the system in the past, but once these have been addressed we then need to try to move to the new ways of working. It can be challenging at times..

@Sophia Wormall We have two projects regarding improvements to Leads drafted to start development hopefully soon, but at the moment I can't promise anything. We will make sure to announce all relevant improvements here in the Community. Follow this topic to know what we're already working on.

For support regarding new features, you can always count on our trusty Knowledge Base, as we include articles even for features that are still in beta:

The Pipedrive Academy is also a great resource with short instructional videos you can benefit from. 

And of course you can and should reach out to our Support team for troubleshooting or to clarify any additional questions that may come up. 😉

• Allen Cook
    Allen Cook Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

Hi Guys,

Just following up on this thread.  We need the ability to attribute leads to the correct source to easily understand whats working from a lead gen perspective.  Ines I note the original reply above on this topic was made 6 months ago.  Can you please update as to what progress has been made?  We simply need the same flexibility that already exists on Labels to be applied to the Lead Source.

Thanks

Allen

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #6
    Options

Hi Guys,

Just following up on this thread.  We need the ability to attribute leads to the correct source to easily understand whats working from a lead gen perspective.  Ines I note the original reply above on this topic was made 6 months ago.  Can you please update as to what progress has been made?  We simply need the same flexibility that already exists on Labels to be applied to the Lead Source.

Thanks

Allen

Hi @Allen Cook , thank you for your continued interest!

I checked internally and we have more than one project related to improvements on Leads planned for 2021 - see here

Right now there are no concrete short term plans to add customization of Lead Sources specifically. Unfortunately with many customers and requests and with limited development resources, we need to prioritise and make choices what to deliver first. 

For now, I suggest creating a multiple-option custom field for Leads where you can list the origin(s) of your lead. I know this is not ideal, but it makes your life easier for now. We do appreciate your input. 🙏

That being said, I have made sure our team will consider your suggestion for future developments. I really don't think this will be the last time we see Leads changing for the better and we appreciate your patience and understanding!

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line: