New feature: Sales Docs available for users in Advanced and Professional 📄

2»

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2020 #32

HI,

How do we simple and easy without hazzel insert it to mail we send from Pipedrive? Client say he must download pdf and then insert it to mail - thats sound like a detour.... Option is to share doc in Google, but thats not an option, since a lot of clients (banks etc) have that blocked

@Michael thank you for your suggestion, we appreciate it and see your point of view. I'm forwarding it internally for consideration.

@Jess tagging you to flag feedback :)

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #33

HI,

How do we simple and easy without hazzel insert it to mail we send from Pipedrive? Client say he must download pdf and then insert it to mail - thats sound like a detour.... Option is to share doc in Google, but thats not an option, since a lot of clients (banks etc) have that blocked

@Robert Hald Do you mean the "share with link" option doesn't work for those customers who have link sharing blocked?

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #34

Error. Not working. I already reinstalled my OS and it's still the same.

Error. Not working. I already reinstalled my OS and it's still the same.

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue @Randall Pena , @Brian Quade . Can you please clear the cache and cookies in your browser and then try again? How do I clear my browser's cache and cookies?

If after that the issue persists, please reach out to our Support team and they will help you troubleshoot further. Hope it gets back in shape quickly! How can I contact Pipedrive Support?

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #35

@Inês Batata This is a great feature!
    I have made two quote templates that works fine for me, Documents > From template "blue".
    But these templates does not show up for my colleagues, Documents > From template "grey"?
    Are the templates supposed to be global or personal? (They should be global!) 
    I tried with a workaround to import for a colleague, Template > Import template, but in next screen I cant browse or find them? (The two G doc quotes are shared with all in the domain).
    Please help!?

Edit:
    My other colleague cant use Documents att all "Sign in with Google has been temporarily disabled for this ap Google has not verified this Google Sign-In app yet."?

Ho @Martin Sandén , glad to hear you're already using it and enjoying it!

Currently the templates are individual and not shareable, but I can absolutely see your point and will mention it to the team for consideration. 

As for your colleague who's getting an error message, I'm sorry to hear that. Please have them do the following:

1. Clear the cache and cookies in their browser: How do I clear my browser's cache and cookies?
    2. If after that the issue persists, have them reach out to our Support team so they can help him troubleshoot further: How can I contact Pipedrive Support?

Thank you!

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #36

This is great, but I won't be able to use it until they enable other types of documents that are not just text (word, documents) ... in our case we use presentations or power points because we make more executive and ¨presentable¨ proposals ... then we send it to the client in pdf

@Inês Batata it is in the roadmap to add the support for other types and documents, even without customizable fields I think it would be useful

Thanks for that feedback @Hans Nieto , it's quite interesting.

As far as I'm aware this is not in our roadmap, but I'm forwarding your suggestion to the team for consideration in future developments. @Jess tagging you to flag feedback :)

In the meantime, here are some pro tips to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Dez
    Dez Member Posts: 27
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited February 2022 #37

@Inês Batata Hi Ines, I am unable to see this document tab, please kindly advise 

Much appreciated 

Thank you 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited September 2020 #38

@Inês Batata Hi Ines, I am unable to see this document tab, please kindly advise 

Much appreciated 

Thank you 

@Desiree can you restart your Pipedrive and check again? It's still in BETA therefore not active for all users yet, but it should be live on your account now.

• Dez
    edited October 2020 #39

Much appreciated 

Thank you 

@Mike van der Valk Thank you so much Mike. Very much appreciated. it active now! Going to start using it!!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #40

Much appreciated 

Thank you 

Have fun @Desiree 🚀

• Peterson Almeida
    Peterson Almeida Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #41

Hi @Inês Batata ! Good news!

I'm testing the new feature, but I need to use field "Observação", to apply on the Product Description, but this option is not available.

Can u help me on this case?

Thanks!

• Jörgen Sjöstrand_231
    Jörgen Sjöstrand_231 Member Posts: 80
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #42

"Sales Docs" seems promising,  although 2 crucial features are missing.

1. Ability to send Prosal directly. 
      Its impractical to just get out a link, go to mails, write email, paste in link, send, make followup 
    2. Ability to have automatical reminders and folloups
    3. Digitial signing (I know its in the roadmap).

Without these features, the customers will always go for an external solution like Getaccpt. There must be an ability to from template send direct to customer and activate standard follow up sequence (not counting some Email and automation templates - just two more klicks and done).

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #43

Hi @Inês Batata ! Good news!

I'm testing the new feature, but I need to use field "Observação", to apply on the Product Description, but this option is not available.

Can u help me on this case?

Thanks!

Hi @Peterson Almeida , great to hear you're using the new feature!

I believe those are two different fields but I recommend you  reach out to our Support team and they will help you troubleshoot. Thank you.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #44

"Sales Docs" seems promising,  although 2 crucial features are missing.

1. Ability to send Prosal directly. 
      Its impractical to just get out a link, go to mails, write email, paste in link, send, make followup 
    2. Ability to have automatical reminders and folloups
    3. Digitial signing (I know its in the roadmap).

Without these features, the customers will always go for an external solution like Getaccpt. There must be an ability to from template send direct to customer and activate standard follow up sequence (not counting some Email and automation templates - just two more klicks and done).

Thanks for sharing @Jörgen Sjöstrand I'm going to make sure this feedback reaches our team 

• Peter Eland
    Peter Eland Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #45

Dear Inez,

I can't find documents section in Pipedrive. Is it only for certain plans? And if so, how can I test it to see if it is worth to upgrade?

Please let me know,

Best regards, Peter

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #46

Dear Inez,

I can't find documents section in Pipedrive. Is it only for certain plans? And if so, how can I test it to see if it is worth to upgrade?

Please let me know,

Best regards, Peter

Hi @Peter Eland !

At the moment Sales Documents is available in the Advanced plan and higher only. You can see a demonstration of how the feature works here and a tutorial here.

Hope that helps!

• Jonathan Polyblank
    Jonathan Polyblank Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #47

Hi, is there any option to have the proposals Digitally Signed in PipeDrive so I dont have to export to PandaDoc and keep the process flow all in one place?

• Jonathan Polyblank
    Jonathan Polyblank Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2020 #48

Hi

How do you set a document as a template default for all users to use to provide some uniformity across the company.

Sanjay

Hi, any update to this feature to share across the whole company? I cant justify creating multiple templates with multiple dynamic fields for 1 user and then have to do the same again for every other user in the company, makes no sense. 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #49

Hi, is there any option to have the proposals Digitally Signed in PipeDrive so I dont have to export to PandaDoc and keep the process flow all in one place?

Not yet @Jonathan Polyblank but stay tuned, we're working on it 🚀

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2020 #50

Hi

How do you set a document as a template default for all users to use to provide some uniformity across the company.

Sanjay

@Jonathan Polyblank this is also on our future improvements list. No eta unfortunately but it's in the pipeline.

• Dez
    edited November 2020 #51

Much appreciated 

Thank you 

@Mike van der Valk  Hi am unable to view this tab again, has it been removed?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited November 2020 #52

Much appreciated 

Thank you 

Hi @Desiree please reach out to our support if it's not working as expected, they can get you back on track. Sorry about the inconvenience!

• Jeroen Methorst
    Jeroen Methorst Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #53

Hi there!
    A feature request for the proposals in Sales Doc: is it possible to add a feature to the automatically made proposals that adds that day to the document? So if I add the standard proposal to Pipedrive today and my Sales colleague uses that on December 14, it adds 14 December to that document.

• Sofia Carmo
    Sofia Carmo Posts: 5 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited December 2020 #54

Hi there!
    A feature request for the proposals in Sales Doc: is it possible to add a feature to the automatically made proposals that adds that day to the document? So if I add the standard proposal to Pipedrive today and my Sales colleague uses that on December 14, it adds 14 December to that document.

Hi @Jeroen Methorst , thanks for your feedback. I'm not sure if I understood your question, but now we already have this "Time today's date" placeholder that you can use both in the document title and body. Which will be replaced by the date and time the document is generated.
    Doesn't this solve your need? Thanks

• John Maylie
    John Maylie Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #55

Suggestion: being able to select a specific folder in Google Drive for Sales Documents to populate would be super useful.

• Jörgen Sjöstrand_231
    Jörgen Sjöstrand_231 Member Posts: 80
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2021 #56

Suggestion: being able to select a specific folder in Google Drive for Sales Documents to populate would be super useful.

Yes both for templates so all team members can access them but also for all signed contracts.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #57

Thanks @John Maylie and @Jörgen Sjöstrand passing it along to our team!

• MBrown
    MBrown Member Posts: 39
    Photogenic 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper

Hopefully, someone can help me with this. I have set it all up and seems to be working with SharePoint (though the word template only is a bit screwed up unless you open it in the desktop app). My issue is that we have multiple salespeople who have quote folders set up under our Sales Sharepoint site, and we have a specific folder structure for this.

i.e

APSSales /Documents/APSS Quotes/Joe Bloggs Quotes/Customer Name

The issue we have is that we can only go as deep as APSSales/Documents when selecting the default shared folder under the user settings.

Also, we don't want Pipedrive adding an extra folder level called Pipedrive when saving, there is no issue with adding the customer folder if it doesn't exist, though I'm unsure how that will be affected when doing additional deals for an existing client.

Ideally, the system should have the templates all in one location, but allow us to save the final document to where we want to in SharePoint. Pipedrive already has permission to access Sharepoint, so I cannot see why it cannot drill down further.

The last issue and it has been mentioned above...We should be able to share the final PDF via email as an attachment. Having to download it and re-attach is painful

Mike

• mathi96
    mathi96 Member Posts: 12
    Photogenic First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper

any idea on allowing pdf or powerpoints to be uploaded to the file-manager and let us send those out to the customers, or having links as "files".