TAGS

Options
scott h
scott h Member Posts: 4
5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Is Pipedrive ever going to add Tags as a feature?

Not Custom Fields which have a different functionality

Tags allow you to easily view data in a segmented view based on the tag(s) assigned.  Custom Fields requires you to build separate filters for every possible view.  If you have just 10 data points in a Custom Field, then to see every possible segmentation you are required to build 100 different filters.

Tagged:

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2020 #2
    Options

Hi @Scott Hailey !

I'm not sure I understood your end-goal completely, can you please give us an example of one of your use cases?

Currently we offer:

Let me know if this solves your problem, and if not, why, preferably with an example. Thank you!

• scott h
    scott h Member Posts: 4
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Your current labels config only allows for one label at a time.  Tags allows for as many as needed for a contact and/or organization.  With most CRM's tags do not have to be "pre-built" in a drop down.  Instead, they are usually simply created as text and multiple tags are simply comma-separated.  Then, instead of having to build filters to see segmented table views you can simply search by tags to see segmented views based on what you enter in the search bar.

Custom fields have their place, but if you have multiple data points in a custom field and you want to see a segmented view, you must create a separate filter for each possible view.  If you had 10 data points in a custom field, you would have to create 100 different filters to segment every view.

• David Kidd
    David Kidd Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

This would be a helpful feature. Zoho CRM does this. 

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #5
    Options

Your current labels config only allows for one label at a time.  Tags allows for as many as needed for a contact and/or organization.  With most CRM's tags do not have to be "pre-built" in a drop down.  Instead, they are usually simply created as text and multiple tags are simply comma-separated.  Then, instead of having to build filters to see segmented table views you can simply search by tags to see segmented views based on what you enter in the search bar.

Custom fields have their place, but if you have multiple data points in a custom field and you want to see a segmented view, you must create a separate filter for each possible view.  If you had 10 data points in a custom field, you would have to create 100 different filters to segment every view.

Thank you for clarifying your point @Scott Hailey . Indeed our labels only allow for one to be used at a time (except in leads), which  I understand can be cumbersome. 

With multiple-option custom fields you can filter by more than one data-point per custom field, see the example below. I understand it's not ideal, but I hope it helps for the time being.

Filtering using a multiple-option custom field with 4 data point

I have made sure to forward your feedback to our team internally, for consideration in future developments. Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #6
    Options

This would be a helpful feature. Zoho CRM does this. 

Thank you for your feedback, David. The team noted down your suggestion for when they'll work on updates again.

Check my answer to @Scott Hailey  above, it might be a good workaround for you too :)

• Dan Ellison_4135
    Dan Ellison_4135 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

Here is the issue. Your tagging feature should be robust so that you can easily narrow contacts with tags instead of having multiple filters needed to be applied to contacts to narrow it down. Also, with a tagging system you should be able to bulk add or remove tags. This would be a game-changer for Pipedrive and is my biggest challenge with the system because all other system I use or have used have tags...

• André Vidal
    André Vidal Pipedrive Team Posts: 14 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited November 2020 #8
    Options

Here is the issue. Your tagging feature should be robust so that you can easily narrow contacts with tags instead of having multiple filters needed to be applied to contacts to narrow it down. Also, with a tagging system you should be able to bulk add or remove tags. This would be a game-changer for Pipedrive and is my biggest challenge with the system because all other system I use or have used have tags...

Hi Dan! 

I definitely understand what you mean- i appreciate your feedback and it has been forwarded to our Product Management team, so we may consider improvements in this area for the future. 

I believe the closest to what you are looking for would be to use the multiple options custom field. You can still filter for contacts that have specific options in the field, which would be similar to tags, as Inês was suggesting in her comments. 

However, I do understand the limitation with bulk adding or removing options, as this possibility isn't available in the sidebar when you bulk select the items to update. To do this, you would need to find a workaround by, for example, exporting the list to an excel file and then bulk adding or removing an option by using a formula. And, finally, import the file to update the field. It would require some extra steps, i know. 

Again, I appreciate your feedback and it has been noted by the team. 

• Robert Grossman
    Robert Grossman Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #9
    Options

Are there any plans to add Tags to contact records?  Tags are not the same as labels.  Tags are so commonplace in other CRM programs.  I want to move to PD and I may have found a poor workaround.

• Stephan Puffler
    Stephan Puffler Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 6 #10
    Options

Hi! This is the same I struggle with atm.

The closest thing are multiple options fields, BUT they get overwritten through Zapier as it seems.

I've opened up a question here: https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/11248/api-bug-multiple-options-field-gets-overwritten-by-zapier-api-tags-update-person/p1?new=1

Would be great to support me there, so Pipedrive sees WE NEED that.

• Stephan Puffler
    Options

@André Vidal Unfortunately new options via API / Zapier overwrite previous existing options:

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/11248/api-bug-multiple-options-field-gets-overwritten-by-zapier-api-tags-update-person/p1?new=1

Looking forward to solve that with you guys!

• Immigration Paralegals
    Immigration Paralegals Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited March 6 #12
    Options

We are migrating our system from a very simple CRM and find it difficult to understand how the seemingly more complete option doesn't have them...

• Chad Massaker
    Chad Massaker Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    Options

Here's a video explainer of just a handful of the ways I use tags... We really do need this ASAP https://share.vidyard.com/watch/cq2e2Vw8mG7PBCM1sDbXjm?