Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
edited August 2022 in What's New #1

UPDATE - it's live 🚀
Products in insights

Revenue forecast report

Forecast Goals in Insights

----

Our team continues working full-steam ahead to make Insights live to its full potential. 💪

The next improvements in line should be the ability to create reports including Products, and to create forecast reports.

These two will cover much-asked and much-needed options for our users to make the most of their reporting, making it more flexible and more informative.

A peek of what's on the horizon:

• View and segment reports by deal Products
  • Measure by number of Products and value
  • Create Revenue Forecast reports in Insights

➡️ Learn more about Insights from our Knowledge Base and our Academy.

➡️ Pro tip: Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions of new and improved features. 

📝 Please note 📝

Pipedrive reserves the right to modify and update the features in the What's planned?  topic and does not communicate exact timelines for delivery.

Comments

• Urs Blickenstorfer
    Urs Blickenstorfer Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #2

The forecast report was here in the past - why is it gone?? This was the main reason I went for the enterprise plan...

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #3

The forecast report was here in the past - why is it gone?? This was the main reason I went for the enterprise plan...

Hi @Urs Blickenstorfer !

We are transitioning it from the "old Reports" section the new one, Insights, but the Forecast Report option will remain in Professional only. My apologies if the wording was misleading.

• Roland Schare
    Roland Schare Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #4

@Inês Batata : Hi Ines, so what is the roll-out date? Desperately waiting...

• Urs Blickenstorfer
    Urs Blickenstorfer Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #5

Best is to switch back to the old UI - there the report is still available. 

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #6

@Inês Batata : Hi Ines, so what is the roll-out date? Desperately waiting...

Hi @Roland Schare !

No ETA at the moment, as we prefer not to give out any forecasts this early on. They're in progress and we hope to deliver them over the next coming weeks/months. However, there's lots of moving pieces that can sometimes speed up or delay delivery so we'd rather be on the safe side with making promises, I hope you understand.

We'll make sure to announce them here in the Community as we know they're highly-anticipated and we're eager to deliver too.

• Andy Newbom
    Andy Newbom Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #7

CANT WAIT!@!!!!

• Luigi Sghinolfi
    Luigi Sghinolfi Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2022 #8

Hi Ines, it would be nice to have the possibility to report also on contacts within the reporting area.

Ex:

Tot Contacts from Source x;

Tot Contacts assigned to Division y;

The analysis of the contacts and therefore the customer base based only on filters in the contact area are not performing.

Thx
    Luigi

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #9

Hi Ines, it would be nice to have the possibility to report also on contacts within the reporting area.

Ex:

Tot Contacts from Source x;

Tot Contacts assigned to Division y;

The analysis of the contacts and therefore the customer base based only on filters in the contact area are not performing.

Thx
    Luigi

Hi @Luigi Sghinolfi , thank you for your feedback!

As a workaround I would suggesting exporting the results of those Contact filters to a spreadsheet and generating your reports from there. 

Alternatively, take a look at the Analytics integrations available in our marketplace, as they allow you to extract data from Pipedrive and create other types of reports. I did a quick search for you, take a look here.

Currently there are no direct plans for developing this, but the team noted down your suggestion for when they'll work on updates again.

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Jason Webb
    Jason Webb Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #10

Cant wait for the product reports in InSights - great news. Just hope they come before you switch off the old UI!

• Jason Webb
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #11

I read somewhere this is being switched off in October - I'm hoping not!!!

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #12

Hi @Jason Webb ! Only the "old navigation" is planned to be switched off in October.

• Jason Webb
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #13

Hi Ines - but that is where the old products report is and if this is not developed in  Insights before it is switched off then  I wont be able to report on my sales teams product sales...

• Ferrin Govender
    Ferrin Govender Member Posts: 14
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #14

Surely Pipedrive can give an ETA on this? This is really poor considering our entire organization is on the enterprise licensing 

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #15

Hi @Ferrin Govender !

Both of these are in progress and we hope to deliver them over the next coming weeks/months.

We avoid giving out ETAs because experience shows us that even the best-laid plans can turn out to be very fickle: there's lots of moving pieces that can sometimes speed up or delay delivery so we'd rather be on the safe side with making promises, I hope you understand. 

We don't want to build up hopes that we know can turn into disappointment, hence the lack of hard dates in these announcements ;) 

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #16

@Jason Webb I totally understand your worry. I can tell you that won't happen, expect good news regarding it shortly. ;)

Here’s how to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Ingo Stijntjes
    Ingo Stijntjes Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #17

I have been asking for this feature as well for some time now. We really need to have a product forecast to schedule production. I ended up developing my own application, based on the API, that will:

• look for all products in pipedrive
    • list all deals that contain one or more of these products (or a selection of products)
    • check every deal for certain attributes ("open", not deleted, pipelineID, check for duplicates)
    • generates an Excel report with a quarterly forecast for a chosen number of years, listing all selected products and the number of products. 
    • It takes into account the deal probability, stage probability and expected closing date.

We use it in our company and we can finally do a product based analysis.

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #18

I have been asking for this feature as well for some time now. We really need to have a product forecast to schedule production. I ended up developing my own application, based on the API, that will:

• list all deals that contain one or more of these products (or a selection of products)
    • check every deal for certain attributes ("open", not deleted, pipelineID, check for duplicates)
    • generates an Excel report with a quarterly forecast for a chosen number of years, listing all selected products and the number of products. 
    • It takes into account the deal probability, stage probability and expected closing date.

Great solution you built using our API @Ingo Stijntjes !

There should be exciting news about Products overall next year, but we can't promise anything yet.

Make sure to stay on top of what’s coming down the line:

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2022 #19

Update: Product Reports are now live, learn all about it here! 🎉

• Ferrin Govender
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #20

Hi 👋 is there a way I can do an insights report for all products sold in a month?

Right now its only giving me an option to view a single product and all I need is a quick breakdown of products sold 

• Inês Batata
    edited October 2020 #21

Hi @Ferrin Govender !

All you need to do is add a condition to your report that says "Product > is any of > list your products here" and it should do the trick :)

• Roland Schare
    Roland Schare Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #22

hi @Ingo Stijntjes , can jij mij misschien contactren via mijn kantoor met din kontakt data? Ik will graag een beetje meer daarover weten. Ik werk voor crosscan. dat find je gewoon op het web. Helaas kan ik geen prive boodschap hierover stuuren. Dank je well! Roland

• Georgia Harmon
    Georgia Harmon Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #23

Hi @Ingo Stijntjes , Can I ask how you did this? Will this bring in product fields such as product name, Variations, qty of product? And Custom Fields? Some of our deals have more than one product, so it can be unclear about total qty when there could be several products making up this total quantity.

I am not sure if there is any other work around to this? Thanks!

• Ingo Stijntjes
    edited October 2020 #24

Hi Georgia,

I used the API provided by Pipedrive (https://developers.pipedrive.com/docs/api/v1/). You have all the tools to implements almost any custom tool. In my case I leveraged the deal, pipeline and product stage to come to a solution. All product data is available, even custom fields (for which you'll need some more API calls). I didn't use product variations yet, I can find references to variations, so I think these are all accessible through the API. 

• Georgia Harmon
    Georgia Harmon Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    edited October 2020 #25

Thanks so much @Ingo Stijntjes !

Do you know if there is a guide like API for dummies? LOL 

As I haven't used anything like this before so do you think it can be picked up / learned, relitively easily by someone new to this area?

• Ingo Stijntjes
    edited November 2020 #26

Hi Georgia,

There is a lot of information available about interfacing with web API's, but the complexity lies in learning a programming language you feel comfortable with and be able to do the data processing in there. If you have no programming experience I would start there, but honestly you might be some time away from creating an application. 

If you have, for example, python experience search for "using rest API in python" or similar. Pipedrive provides PHP programming examples and a PHP and node.js client library.

If you want to know more you can contact me here: info at stingvision dot com

• Ferrin Govender
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #27

Is there any way a report can be done that will calculate the gross profit per item sold? I am looking for a report that is basically able to show me revenue sold in a month, gross profit per item and a total gross profit report?

• Inês Batata
    edited November 2020 #28

Is there any way a report can be done that will calculate the gross profit per item sold? I am looking for a report that is basically able to show me revenue sold in a month, gross profit per item and a total gross profit report?

Hi @Ferrin Govender !

If you create the respective custom fields in Pipedrive use one of the integration platforms available in our marketplace I believe you'll be able to do so, as they allow you to process data outside the scope of our own native features. 

• Thorsten Cramer
    Thorsten Cramer Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #29

Any update on the possibility to do a (weighted) forecast report by different products?